Sebastian Vettel

Kartik no offense mate,but you need to develop that back bone a little more eh mate. ...actually alot more..go do some steroids or something,lol
i like you mate ,but you make wana barf with this stuff^^
i did ,but not anymore,cuz i said all I wanted to say :)
Severely out of line with that one. This language and attitude may be acceptable on 4chan, but not anywhere else.
And Kartik presenting a balanced view of the driver he supports instead of mindlessly praising him is hardly a bad thing.

That's pretty much exactly what I am thinking. I was just to lazy to type und quote. Thankfully you did it :laugh:

The only "silly" mistakes I remember form Alonso in 2010 was in Belgium and Monaco. Maybe GB but that's more a team error imo.
However there are far more errors I remember from Vettel than 2 or 3.

That's why i was grateful for the reply :D we can have discussion

However, you see, you know what were his mistakes.

Of course that +0.5 are gigantic in Formula1, so are few mistakes from a two time world champion for whom you say he would outclassed Vettel if he had the RB, i pray he has it o we can speak about it. Those few mistakes cost Alonso the title.
In the very same year that RB had very mechanical failures like in 2012. In a race with brakes in another with the engine in third again with the brakes, then with the gears such is Monza. Then he rammed into Button. He had a lot of downs that season and with 15p (if i am not wrong) he went into the last GP and he took the title! Well ... i am sorry but he is not good enough...

I respect anyones opinion and i am glad we have this discussion. But guys, one thing i want to stress, that we cannot argue about "yes he is champ because of the car, give the car to this guy or this guy he will do it better". That cannot happen! The one that had that car was Vettel. Webber had it too. But he was nowhere to Vettel. Vettel had 11 victories Webber only one. Vettel is 3 time world champion in a row Webber is not. Webber is a good driver and fast one. You forgot his debut? You say they all would have done it better. Okay, if you say so, it doesn't matter we will never see that so we can have prove and speak of it like fact but only 1 against 11 wins of Vettel :S In my opinion, i am not so sure about it...i am not so sure that Alonso would do the same job as Vettel did neither Hamilton or Button or Kimi.

When i said about mental toughness i didn't mean on emotions during race. Alonso was nowhere close to Vettel in war-words through the press etc. All that pressure from Ferrari an others claiming this and that on everything Vettel only was reacting cold and not interested in it stressing out that he is down on his job and trying to make it everything perfect. Alonso saying he fight against Andrian Newey was a very silly thing. Maybe i am wrong about some things and that's alright but Ferrari was not so damn slow car, they were very strong in race. It's true that tires werent so important, given the pitting, but they were for sure in performances. Also about some upgrade on Alonso's car, well i am not so sure they made him slower. Ferrari is not a team from yesterday they are the oldest and the greatest team there is on the grid, they would make sure he gets the right parts and parts that fit him to do better times. But yet Massa got better in the end. Massa improved even before, if you say so if it was about the parts, Massa was getting better even before they were implied. Massa had his mental and psihological problem about his accident that makes him look at the things very different and take them with caution.

I am very happy that this is not football, so people can vote about actual champion or who is the best. Who is the best will prove on the track. And in two occasions Alonso if it was, he would have succeed in one at least. He had great lead in 2010 and he failed. And i won't ask why ...

Dusko Avramovski Mate Vettel is a Great Driver no one deny that but he was not the Best Atleast for now.
Alonso was far more consistent and best driver then comes a battle between Kimi and Lewis for 2nd and Vettel currently stays third.
In 2012 Vettel some times Gives a supreme race but then again he looks like ordinary for the next race making silly mistakes. He really needs to eliminate them.
I agree with him being a Bad loser but in one way it was good. As he never wants to loose. He will always try be ahead of others.
But also lets not forget he was just only 25. Even if we take out the 3 WDC's he was still a bench mark for the Young drivers. So we need to give him some years to be Best.

I agree in 99% with what you wrote. About losing he is the same as Schumi was. In going for fastest lap in last lap?! Equal to me as Senna in 40 seconds lead in Monaco and yet pushing!

And yes, i might, i am his fan and of course i think he is the best, but before everything i want to sound logical and real. Therefore i can agree on only this, that Vettel is not the best, only cause he have 25 years and maybe he is not that experienced as Alonso or Button or Kimi, Hamilton is out of this group. Hamilton is only 3 years older so they are very close.

However he is the most successful driver of all times by his age. What will be his end i am wondering, what will happen before he reaches 31? As Senna did on his time when had 3 tittles (although we cannot compare that and this time when Senna made debut Vettel was fighting for 3rd title so...). And, as one said, time needs to pass so people can appreciate what he did.

Schumi won 5 in row and people were saying that he cannot win with another car and that there were no drivers to fight.

Vettel compared to Alonso, Hamilton and Raikkonen is like Piquet compared to Prost, Mansell and Senna. Not quite as good, but good enough to take three titles by being in the right car at the right time.

Okay guys :D we will speak in about 7-8y and remember my words.

Vettel when gets in the Ferrari of Alonso he would succeed in what Alonso couldn't and will repeat what Schumi did. :))) I AM SO DAMN SURE i just wait once more for those great times, reminds me of Schumi and Ferrari ... what a love! :D

ps. to find in a right car in the right time you have two options.

One is with a little hard work and great team effort and bit of luck (Button Barichello)
Second is to fight hard with a twice slower team such is Toro Roso , win in a Monza race with pole and fastestlap and win on rain and scoring twice fantastic 4th position with a car that is nothing capable of fighting for 4th 5th 6th 10th place.

Not quite the same alike Alonso did with Minardi and build up Renault team, but he was really good.
Kimi proved in Sauber and Mclaren
More or less Button, i always knew he is fast and i hoped he would become champion, he did.
And Hamilton, well he is one lucky guy, i used to say that in the beginning but he proved his place. And people always told me that is harder to keep the highest grade instead of getting to it.

Vettel is fantastic driver, and is nowhere below anyone of Ham Alo Kim or But, he might be at least equal with his only 25y

Vettel when gets in the Ferrari of Alonso he would succeed in what Alonso couldn't
Yyyyeah, I'm sure he'd be on pole in every race... After all, he can cast a magic field, that makes the engine go faster and the car generate more downforce.
Second is to fight hard with a twice slower team such is Toro Roso , win in a Monza race with pole and fastestlap and win on rain
I wonder how the world would see him, if they had taken a wet setup, but it didn't rain as heavily in the race. Where would his uber-skill put him on the finish line?
Or even if the other teams took a more wet setup as well.

but before everything i want to sound logical and real.
Try harder :D

However he is the most successful driver of all times by his age.
Yes that is true, but luckily success isn't the same as pure skill.

Schumi won 5 in row and people were saying that he cannot win with another car and that there were no drivers to fight.
Unlike Schumi, Alonso or Hamilton Vettel didn't prove that he could win (or even fight for WDC) in an inferior car.
And don't come up with Monza '08. It was a good race from him, but he was pretty much the only guy with a wet set up, which makes his car superior.

And don't come up with Monza '08. It was a good race from him, but he was pretty much the only guy with a wet set up, which makes his car superior.

And you say i need to try harder being logical or reasonable...:S you have answer to anything...

Wet setup, what wet setup? They don't sleep overnight to work on their cars, wet setup, lol. Everyone has wet setup and preparing for one if it comes to rain.

We can say thousands "why" and "if" .... it is what it is and he is triple world champion in a row and you gotta respect that. It's one thing to have your fav cause of driving style its another to say who is the best and most successful in the moment.

Alonso wouldn't win 2nd title if Ferrari engine did not blow in Suzuka
Hamilton wouldn't be a champion if Timo Glock run over the softer part of the track
Button wouldn't be a champion if was driving in another than Brawn GP with those marvelous upgrades.
Kimi wouldn't be champion if it was not settled after the scandal with the spy's and the documents.
Schumi wouldn't be a champion if Hill succeed in continuing to drive on to the end
Schumi wouldnt't be 6 time world champion if he failed to score that 1 point in Suzuka

you see...there is no end...

my point was. He won cause he did something different, wet setup wet setup, why others didn't do it ?!

end of the story :)))

I wonder how the world would see him, if they had taken a wet setup, but it didn't rain as heavily in the race. Where would his uber-skill put him on the finish line?
Or even if the other teams took a more wet setup as well.

That's how God wanted that's how lucky he is courage he has, that's how he determined is, that's how he used the situation, that's why he is the best.

Stop IF IF IF ... read post above

Before u IF about HIM IF about others.

And you say i need to try harder being logical or reasonable...:S you have answer to anything...

Wet setup, what wet setup? They don't sleep overnight to work on their cars, wet setup, lol. Everyone has wet setup and preparing for one if it comes to rain.
Are you even familiar with F1 rules? First, mechanics aren't allowed to work over night and second, they can't change anything apart from the frontwing after the car has left the pits in Q1.

my point was. He won cause he did something different, wet setup wet setup, why others didn't do it ?!
Smaller teams like TR tend to take a gamble on wet setups because it gives them the chance to get some points or even hit the jackpot. That's what happened with TR in 08.

i know all of it, but u find answer for anything...you are not real :)

even if we put aside that whats with his twice scoring 4th position

wet setup?

even if he had one why was Vettel and not his teammate?

not liking him and not giving credit to what he has done is totally different thing

i understand u cheer for another but i don't understand why you don't give credit to him

not liking him and not giving credit to what he has done is totally different thing

i understand u cheer for another but i don't understand why you don't give credit to him
Just to be clear, I do not want to diminish Vettel's accomplishments. His victory in Monza 08 was pretty incredible, wet setup or not. But I don't like it when people spread falsehoods ;)

Schumi wouldnt't be 6 time world champion if he failed to score that 1 point in Suzuka
He would because Barichello won in Suzuka not Kimi

I never said I didn't give Vettel credit for what he has done. He won 3 WCC and is therefore the most succeful driver over the past few years.
However most successful doesn't mean best or skilled driver. Those are two completly different things.
I (and I'm obviously not alone with my opinion) just don't see that Vettel has done anything that can match Hamilton, Alonso (or Kimi) when talking about skill.
I have no problem if people like different drivers, but all I see you are doing is praising Vettel in every sentence. That's the only logic I see in your posts.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 4 6.8%