Sebastian Vettel

True but you could argue that Michael didn't really have to work too hard for a lot of those championships.
Judging Schumacher merely by his WDCs isn't doing him justice. He was right on the pace 91-93 going head to head with the legends of the sport (and he basically single-handedly retired Piquet). 96-99 he was driving far beyond what the crappy Ferrari was capable of. Same goes for 05+06. Oh and: many people forget that 2000 and 2003 were actually fairly close.

As far as Vettel goes: This year, out of six races, 5 times the winner started on the front row, 4 times even on pole. So this is hardly limited to him.

I'm not saying it's just him, but if you take Button and Alonso, who have won races previously as an example, they've won a lot of races from actually racing people and coming through the field a little bit.
Something Vettel has yet to achieve.

Yes, that it's true, but it seems in the moment Vettel has a decent car, a car capable of winning, he inmediatly scores the pole, so it's difficult to see the situation where he has a winning car and has to go through the field.

Another question is which drivers are able to win with a non-winning car, and I don't think vettel is one, he needs a top 4 car in that precise track to win I think.

I'm not saying it's just him, but if you take Button and Alonso, who have won races previously as an example, they've won a lot of races from actually racing people and coming through the field a little bit.
Something Vettel has yet to achieve.
Another question is which drivers are able to win with a non-winning car, and I don't think vettel is one, he needs a top 4 car in that precise track to win I think.
Apart from chaos races such as Malaysia, I think that is nearly impossible to achieve this year, simply because of how close the field is. Raikkonen came close enough in Bahrain, but the Lotus was by far the best car that day. Generally, you just get held up by everyone when coming from behind because the other cars really are not much slower. There have been a lot of complaints that qualifying doesn't matter anymore, but in my opinion, at least pole position is actually much more valuable this year than it was last.

Apart from chaos races such as Malaysia, I think that is nearly impossible to achieve this year, simply because of how close the field is. Raikkonen came close enough in Bahrain, but the Lotus was by far the best car that day. Generally, you just get held up by everyone when coming from behind because the other cars really are not much slower. There have been a lot of complaints that qualifying doesn't matter anymore, but in my opinion, at least pole position is actually much more valuable this year than it was last.
Considering the present situation it was Absolutely right and Pole position makes the Things easy for driver's they won't held up by traffic and the Pirelli tires will go away quickly when some one was holding you up

An area in which detractors are keen to wag their fingers at is the fact that Vettel is perhaps not as good as his rivals when overtaking. There are several reasons for this. The first is that he is frequently as the front, so does not need to pass his rivals. Another is that the inferior top speed of the RB Versions means that it is difficult for him to draw alongside another driver. However, Vettel’s early season wins came about because of crucial passes at key moments. For example, passing Button on his out lap in Melbourne, passing Felipe Massa in the pit stop phase in Malaysia and then passing three cars in one lap after his pit stop in the Spanish Grand Prix. Despite that, the critics remained. However, he subsequently drove around the outside of Rosberg at Blanchimont during the Belgian Grand Prix. If that wasn’t enough, his move on Fernando Alonso at Monza was sensational. He forced Alonso to defend into the chicane, enabling him to gain superior acceleration approaching Curva Grande. Alonso gave Vettel a gap as wide as an RB7 and Vettel took it, taking to the grass at 200mph and not backing out. Even with a massive points lead, he was taking no chances
His Move on Rosberg in Lap 2 at turn 10 the Clark Chicane was proved that he can be More Aggressive for Positions too and also in Spain we can see Sebastian passed almost 4 or 5 cars in last moments

Sir Jackie Stewart thinks Vettel is not yet a great. I know it's an opinion long established by many.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19969175

I am a fan of Vettel, but I agree with the Scot. It is too early to be comparing Vettel with the greats of the sport. Let us wait a few more years and see what transpires before Vettel is compared to the greats. Actually I think the greatest man who has ever been involved in F1 is Adrian Newey. But that's just me. :whistling:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back