Season 6 - General stuff

Yes, hungaroring would be an option if we want more high downforce circuits. Other than imola there are some other ex f1 tracks already on the presto website: Magny-cours, A1 ring, Brands Hatch and Watkins glen. There's also valencia (ricardo tormo) if we want to throw in a testing circuit which might be appropriate in the early season during f1 testing.

For the 3 undecided tracks, I think wide tracks or passing friendly tracks would be highly beneficial, especially if there is a large field of entries where speed differentials and lapping become issues. Tracks like Laguna Seca, Zandvoort, Macau, etc could be potential disasters in my opinion. perhaps candidate tracks that aren't "known" (where we can't look at the laptime spreads on Presto time sheets) could be added to Presto early and they could be "qualified" to check the spread times if it is not too much work. I tend to agree that the lowest time spreads are probably the best candidates for safe competition. I personally would like to see a round of competition at one of the Miller Motorsports courses, but I'm very biased towards that track.

Macau is wonderful - love them street circuits...

Though it is not here at RD [yet?] , there is a '79 Montreal track at NoGrip. I have not yet tried it but it is a thought...

I'd vote for any Street Circuit as a change/ challenge. Detroit [also at noGrip] was a F1 track in the early 80's.

We did a fun race at macau a while back and out of about 12+ starters we had 2 finishers :p it was a bit insane. I don't remember if we had less than 100% damage sensitivity or not though so I wouldn't rule it out just because of that.

Macau is wonderful.. Though it is not here at RD..
It is a standard track. Since it is in 2006, 2007 and 2008 folders I believe it was standard even in Race07. Laguna Seca is also very nice.

But I do agree also that wider and more sweeping circuits are perhaps better for avoiding accidents with big fields. Road America should be a candidate then.

Repeating the majority of the tracks once a year has a function to promote better racing. Preparing for a race on a track that you know takes less time than preparing for an unknown one. I think the more skilled you are, the smaller this "problem" is, but we are no better than the "weakest link" :) I can see how the parameters I look for (eg. spread in times at PrestoGP.com) are much better on commonly known tracks (eg. Monza, Silverstone) as opposed to "unknown" tracks (e.g. Valencia Street/Abu Dhabi). The same thing goes for simple/short tracks like Interlagos vs more complex tracks like... ehh.. Valencia Street and Abu Dhabi :) So the more unknown and complex the track is, the longer the learning curve is to become competitive.

Practically speaking it is much less work for Rune to do on the site if we do not introduce too many new tracks. Or turn it around and say; each new track not already represented at the site means a little work for Rune.

Absolutely understandable and realy sencefull!

Last seasons have shown, that drivers were perfectly prepared for the first event, because there was more time to do so and they couldn't wait driving. :D

So considering this and your two arguments, I'd suggest to take Watkins as one of the chooseable tracks.

I think racing would be close and interesting, because the track isn't too difficult for the majority. Only screwing out hte last tens is difficult, but in terms of safety and getting a close field, I think Watkins is good. And we'd have the enjoyment of an other track besides the standard tracks...

(as always just my opinion) :redface:

Edit: Yes I also think Road America matches my points. But then everyone would need to have Race On, right? It came with the muscle cars I think.

our freelance have take 2 snaps about new livery of Anthony,after hospital operation:D

Attachments

• mum-pit.jpg
    mum-pit.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 254
  • mum-car.jpg
    mum-car.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 238
So you gonna make a team with your "mommy" next season? :confused::tongue::redface: I bet this will be the first mother-son-combo in sim racing history! But internet makes everything possible. :wink:

(sorry mate, I couldn't hold back)

Ahhhhhhh!!!! lol.... never check as usual :tongue:..... well i will put Vales Mummy back in the car before he gets upset :D:)

Couple of things regarding next season.

2nd Feb was slightly earlier than I had hoped the first race would be. I think thats probably partly because of the amount of sun and sand beachtime that this brake involves for those of us down here. (sorry for mentioning it to all those up there). When I mentioned this to Mark he was thinking similarly. I will of course do everything in my power to be there for race 1 whenever it is, but I thought I would mention it in case there was a silent majority thinking a slightly longer break would be better.

More generally as I look at the calender I notice that season 6 is set to be an intense season. 2 week gaps with the exception of 2 x 1 week gaps and a 3 week gap. In an ideal world I would like to see us always have a 2 or 3 week gap. I feel bad for saying that I prefer to race less, it is against everything I believe in (okay maybe not everything) but I do feel like the racing benefits greatly from more time to practice and feel confident in the car. Obviously our schedule is brought about by staying in line with the F1 calender which I am completely in favour of.

So here are my key points (which I am aware are completely contradictory)

1. I want to race more because I love to race.
2. I want to race less often because I think it improves the racing.
3. I want our calender to follow the F1 calender because we love F1 and we love presto, so they should be the same.
4. I wouldn't mind having a bit more time in Feb for pre season testing.

As always I'm happy to run with whatever is decided and look forward to an exciting season 6. Sounds like its going to be harder than ever to finish at the top. I write this post based entirely on my own thoughts, but I think of them are shared by Mark who isn't all that confident posting with his English.

With all that out there I wonder whether a 9 race season would work well and allow for a bit more energy through to the end. Feel free to shoot me down!

Tim.

I agree with you Tim, I would like the season to start maybe a fortnight later, and I've always thought we should have not less than two weeks between races, back to back races do put us under a lot of pressure to find practice time.

Jim

I just want to let you know, that from my own point of view I don't care how long or how short the gap between races is. I also don't care if the season starts earlier or later. The only thing I care of is that race day, race time and the mod should stay the same. Then I'm more than happy!

In other words: I'll take things as they are decided. So I have no problem to follow Tim's, Jim's and Mark's wish :)

It's true, that short preparation is difficult for the majority...

im on the opposite end guys, id have preferred the season not to have ended, now i sit about for over a month waiting for it to start again, i totally lose intrest in the game if theres no season to practise for, tbh ive played it once since the season ended, the gaps between races is fine with me, but i think the gap till the start of next season is too long, 6 weeks or more is plenty time to get ready for the new season.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back