Season 6 - General stuff

Hi guys, feel free to discuss whatever you want here :) I'll start out with making a "scratch-calendar" here. Nothing is fixed of course, but it is a general wish to match the real f1 calendar as closely as possible. As it is now there are 3 spots to fill. Any feedback on this calendar will be apprechiated:

Round 1: ? 2nd of February
Round 2: ? 16th of February
Round 3: ? - 2nd of March
Round 4: Bahrain - 16th of March
Round 5: Melbourne - 30th of March
Round 6: Sepang - 13th of April
Round 7: China - 20th of April
Round 8: Istanbul - 11th of May
Round 9: Barcelona - 25th of May
Round 10: Monaco - 1st of June

my choice of tracks would be the next tracks in the calender after monaco brought forward to start our season, so it would be like this...

Round 1 Montreal 2nd Feb
Round 2 Silverstone 16th Feb
Round 3 Nurburgring 2nd March
Round 4 Bahrain 16th March
Round 5 Melbourne........and so on

then at least its all tracks being used in the 2011 calender, i realise Valencia wouldve been in there at race 2 but as weve just done it i dont think it would be great to race it again so soon, so silverstone and nurburg were the next 2 in line.

.........................................................................................................................

i also feel the rules need more clarification as regards the cutting/wide rules, i know i sound like a broken record but this is now the perfect time to discuss them, my view has changed slightly over the past week or two, what id now like to see is everyone police themselves fully, no more discussions about cuts or wides, its always going to happen no matter what we do and the RD definatly cant watch every lap of every replay, so like the FIA have done with team orders i think we should do with this rule, but...... it should still be enforcable in qualifying, every lap done in a race qual session should be clean and free from any form of wide or cut, in the race obviously lots of factors have to be taken into account so it should come down to each driver to show respect for their fellow drivers and not take advantage of any time or place gains by a mistake, we are all adult enough to be able to do that im sure.

.......................................................................................................................................

my last point would be incidents during races where a driver has taken someone out from behind i.e punting them off track, i think we should take a harder line stance on this, its happening quite regular and ive been guilty of it myself, everyone should be getting used to close racing now or well enough that we can judge the distances and braking so as not to take someone out the race, obviously incidents will still happen but we all need to be more carefull with regards coming up behind one another while braking, people practising for 2 weeks to be taken out by no fault of their own is not good especially when we all play for fun, we will all have closer more exciting races if we just add some care and attention to our driving next season.

as always i look forward to the start of the new season this season was great but next season will be even better :)

Merry Christmas to all and have a great New Year :)

like say David :

Montreal - Silverstone - Nurburgring

I tried to find Korea Interntional Circuit but at moment is better dont use it

-----------------------------

PS Miguel don think we will change the mod and I do not remember if anyone talked about change:) personally I like this mod

The calendar is looking great :)

Was there not some legality problem with Montreal? :( :( :(
I recall that we had to drop that track from the calendar before Season 4.... would be nice if I were wrong.

provided pac and euro divisions are going to be synced as they have been I can suggest that maybe we can use imola instead of montreal if in fact there are legality problems

it's not on the calender anymore but I'm sure others would agree it's a good track that everyone already has

Imola is a great track in my opinion, it would be nice to see it back on the calender:)

Silverstone also gets my vote obviously (the home of motorsport:cool:) and it would be interesting to pick one wild card track, maybe something out of the ordinary, perhaps not an F1 track? or a classic F1 track from the past? im thinking somewhere like Zolder, Zandvoort, Kyalami, Circuit Paul Richard or Jerez

My $0.02

Jim:D

Montreal was unavaileble, but I am not sure if I dreamt it or if it became availeble for real... but now I am starting to think it was a dream, because Peter usually knows this stuff :) If it is still an "illegal" track then we need to use something else, like Imola or other suggested tracks.

Most likely RF2 won't come out before season 6 starts, but if it did would you stay with race series? and +1 for Jim's idea.

Probably not, unless the whole league (the members) mobilised themselves :)

In general we value stabillity above cutting edge, no fun for those who just are starting to get a hang of it (F1 mod) and then we suddenly switch to something else.

But as I said, the move to the f1 mod was "natural" as our members starting to take interest, and before long it seemed that the majority wanted to change from f3000 to the mod. I think it will happen the same way next time we change as well.

Some thoughts from me about next season.

Cutting and wides:

I completely agree with Davids thoughts in the beginning of this thread.

mod:

I highly recommend to stay with the MMG F1 2007 mod, because the majority hopefully stays for the next season and will be used to the mod. This will increase the level of racing for all of us, because the whole fundamental knowledege is allready there. So we all can focus on great racing insteadd of learning a new mod. Even if rf2 comes out close to the beginning of the season, I'd vote to stay with this mod. So there's time to get in touch with rf2 besides the season and maybe switch to rf2 in summer 2011.

3 chooseable tracks:

Now that we've learned the car and most of the regular F1 tracks with them, why not add the extra challenge to learn those beasts on some other tracks? Of course no fantasy tracks but nice real tracks we know, but still didn't usually drive with the F1's.
I talk about tracks like Donington, Road America, Mugello, Macau (yes, I like Macau!).

Finally every choosen track will be ok for me, because every track is a challenge with these cars and the quick drivers here. But I'd recommend to have a look at the track in terms of "self regulation". For example Donington seems very self regulating for me, because there are no places where you can cut or run wide and gain an advantage, at least not by mistake. But at Zolder, which Jim votes for, there are very flat curbs in the first fast chicane. So every driver would need to concentrate lap by lap not to use too much of them, even by mistake. Don't get me wrong, I like Zolder, but at least for the tracks we choose, we should avoid tracks with too much critical areas...

I understand. I just wanted to say, let's try some other real tracks. btw, this season we had many tracks, which require low wing settings. I have an idea about a track where higher wings should be fine. I talk about Laguna Seca :)

no its cool Reik i wasnt referring to your post :) , i was meaning the guys debating if Montreal is legal or not, i dont think there was a problem with it, i think it was more that we wanted to modify something to do with the track but werent allowed to make changes, i may be wrong.

im not adverse to trying new tracks never raced in Presto btw, i just suggested those as Nico seemed to suggest he'd like 2011 calender tracks.

But at Zolder, which Jim votes for, there are very flat curbs in the first fast chicane. So every driver would need to concentrate lap by lap not to use too much of them, even by mistake. Don't get me wrong, I like Zolder, but at least for the tracks we choose, we should avoid tracks with too much critical areas...

Your right Reik:cool:, thinking back to my rtr experience there a number of very cuttable corners, it's perhaps best we don't go there

I was thinking about other tracks, has anyone tried Mosport? it's a beautiful track, fast and sweaping with hills and no fiddly little corners, it flows

Jim

Repeating the majority of the tracks once a year has a function to promote better racing. Preparing for a race on a track that you know takes less time than preparing for an unknown one. I think the more skilled you are, the smaller this "problem" is, but we are no better than the "weakest link" :) I can see how the parameters I look for (eg. spread in times at PrestoGP.com) are much better on commonly known tracks (eg. Monza, Silverstone) as opposed to "unknown" tracks (e.g. Valencia Street/Abu Dhabi). The same thing goes for simple/short tracks like Interlagos vs more complex tracks like... ehh.. Valencia Street and Abu Dhabi :) So the more unknown and complex the track is, the longer the learning curve is to become competitive.

Practically speaking it is much less work for Rune to do on the site if we do not introduce too many new tracks. Or turn it around and say; each new track not already represented at the site means a little work for Rune.

Never the less I personally enjoy trying out new tracks, and I bet many others do as well. Therefore we have sometimes devoted 1 or 2 spots on the calendar to a vote among tracks that our members wish to nominate, and this can be done this season as well.

I too like Macau, and Peter as well I know. How well it would work out in the league I do not know, but who knows what people would vote.

The last 7 races on the calendar should be regarded as more or less fixed because of the real f1 race taking place 3 days before :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%