Season 6 - General stuff

Edit: Yes I also think Road America matches my points. But then everyone would need to have Race On, right? It came with the muscle cars I think.

Yes Road America came with Race On.

It includes official 2008 versions of Imola, Okayama, Laguna Seca, Road America, Sturup and Karlskoga

Race On is available on Steam now for just over 6 Euros:

RACE On includes all the cars and circuits from the 2008 seasons of WTCC and STCC, it also adds a massive selection of US Muscle cars and circuits to the mix, as well as the 2008 International Formula Masters and the 2008 Camaro Cup Challenge.

Hello all and "welcome back". It has been very quite here during the Christmas break, but I think that is the way it should be :) Now however it is high time to look towards the season start.

I have seen that there have been some thoughts on both tracks, dates and time of race. A combination of what I see in this thread and my own thoughts I've come up with the following:

Tracks:
Round 1: Silverstone 2nd of February
Round 2: Nurburgring 16th of February
Round 3: Voted track - 2nd of March
Round 4: Bahrain - 16th of March
Round 5: Melbourne - 30th of March
Round 6: Sepang - 13th of April
Round 7: China - 20th of April/27th of April
Round 8: Istanbul - 11th of May
Round 9: Barcelona - 25th of May
Round 10: Monaco - 1st of June/8th of June

Time of day:
From the very start we have stayed true to the time and day we race. This to make our league a predictable happening in everybodys daily life. Wednesday at 8pm. I bet Jim's wife knows that very well :) Even though we will not stick to it at all costs, it is not something we change easily.

If we are to change it I think slightly adjusting the time when we start would be the only option. And I think that means no more than half an hour in either direction. A vote could help settle this (gives me an better idea of the situation).

Race length:
Will not change dramatically, iow approximently 1 hour. But I am curious to know what our members would prefer if they could make it slightly longer or slightly shorter...

Start of season:
A couple have called for a later start of the season. That would mean a later end or fewer races. Personally I would not like the season to end much later or be any shorter, but again I am curious to see what the majority thinks.

Looks good Nico, what would be the tracks to be voted on?

I personally think that 10 races is a little too long for a season, people tend to drop off by the end... I think 8 races is a good length for a season, this would also allow a later start for the season...

just my 2cents :)

Hi all, It's nice to be back...

Tracks - Looks good to me

Time of Day - I'm happy with where it is. If we move it much later it will end up in working hours down here. Though thats only when summer time is happening. Summer time is a big issue as its suddenly makes for a 2 hour time shift for us, but I suspect lobbying the governments is out of the question, so I'll cope.

Race Length - I'm a very big advocate for longer races. If they were real F1 length then suddenly various pit strategies and tire choices become an option. It also increases the rewards for safe steady driving. Finally it mean we get to race longer. Any increase in length I support.

Start of Season - I raised this a while back, and its not a huge deal, I would be in favour of just skipping round one. It does sound like a weak option, summer is just quite busy and I feel like we had lost some momentum by round 10 last season. Whenever round 1 is, I will be there.

Looking forward to racing.

Tim.

The Schedule looks Great Nico & I think adding in a voted track adds a little spice also.

I was the one who instigated the Macau fun race because I love the track. It was hard going and I think that in the end I was the only survivor. So of course I'm keen to run there again lol but not sure that anyone really shares my sentiments.

I was the only other survivor of the Macau fun race but 3-4 laps down because I lost my splitter then pitted so many times. I can't remember if we were still using 100% damage sensitivity or not in that race. If we did that would explain the carnage and it makes it a viable option with 70% because the monaco races weren't that bad (although in my opinion that's an easier track). If we used 70% in the fun race then I would think it's better not to race there without radically lowered damage sensitivity relative to the rest of the season.

Time,Race and Start in schedule are OK the formula is tested for a long time. 10 races are good balance for a championship plus my wife have spoken with Jim wife:D and a little alteration is a big earthquake:D more I have 3 daughters and 2 dogs too long to explain at all:tongue:

There should be some practice servers :)

Filter class for "F1 2007 league edition" and then look for the servers with "PrestoGP" in it's name.

You get the server passwords only by signing up at www.prestogp.com. Then your best laps are stored at the laptimes page there.

yeah, very well done Danny! Enjoyed it much.

Only had some trouble with posting a short reply. It didn't show up, so I wrote one after an other. Later they showed up and I needed to delete some...

The Race Director is still missing the e-mail addresses of Gaetano Zizzo, Cristian Di Filippo and David McCradic. Please send him an e-mail as soon as possible. His address is rd prestogp com (I hope you are able to fill in the blanks, he's trying to avoid spam:wink: ).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back