Season 13 - General Discussion

PB.JPG

I agree completely that this is the push we needed. We've stayed with Race07 much longer than I ever imagined we would for the simple reason that we didn't want to leave anyone behind. If waiting has meant we can take more (hopefully all!) with us, then I'm glad we waited, but the time has certainly come in my mind.

I have had much less time to practice lately but have still been enjoying the racing. If we change to RF2 the added motivation of learning a new and exciting sim will certainly make me find some more practice time from somewhere. At the moment I feel like I can't do anything with RF2 because I should commit whatever time I can find to Presto practice. The other thing that will be exciting is that I've been rubbish at practicing RF2 for no reason. If we decide to start Presto Season 14 on RF2 in January I know I'll find a way to be ready.

I think it would also be good to start a thread where people outline their opinion on the switch, any issues which would prevent them from moving (time, hardware, desire...). Then we can sort it out together.

On a purely selfish and southern hemisphere note... It would work a lot better for me if we avoided races in January (or at least until late January). Most people here have holidays and head to the beach after Christmas. Life resumes late in Jan.

Lastly want to thank David for all his efforts of late. Whether or not we race with Race and the work around, I have appreciated having someone on the case. I also very much appriciated someone having made a call on postponing last weeks race at a nice early stage. My alarm went off at 5:30am, I checked the forum on my phone (before having an energy drink and waking up) then promptly went back to sleep. Thanks David.

Long live Presto. Let the new day begin.

Tim.

It seems that we needed outside force to push Presto to new direction. Inevitable, we knew this 3 years ago.

In my opinion, we need to individually to stop caring about results for a while. First safety, then speed. First we make the races work so that everyone can finish. It may mean shorter races or even two shorter races, then gradually lengthening the races until we find that sweet spot again. I'm sure everyone wishes for ~1h races (basically, first few chaotic laps, then you got an hour on top of that, it is very nice format) but not before the majority can stay on track for that time..

We got time to do this now. With us helping each other, we can enjoy the change. I do suggest that if the lobby is not resolved, we start gathering each wednesday and arrange training sessions. We need those who have used rF2 to answer a LOT of stupid questions so embrace yourselves for bunch of grumpy old men that mutter to their beards while saying "fine" while thinking of the good old times and how easy it was. Of course no one remembers that learning Race07 and installing all the tweaks, mods, tracks made us equally mad.

I tried to get everyone together last night Reik, only 3 turned up, I probably shouldve made it a seperate thread so folk could see it, but anyhoo yes we can try wednesday if everyone would like, i'll have a server up with full race settings at usual presto times wednesday then, hope to see as many as possible there :thumbsup:

i'll start a thread for it :)

Its something to think about also Valter if we do end up go with rf2. I felt the formula isi was quite easy to get to grips with for fun. I've only few clubs races though not much full on practise but the fisi is easier than the Marussia.

Most time I had in rf2 was with formula Renault 3.5 older 1 which is also more difficult than the new 2014 fr 3.5 which are fun to drive. Maybe if and when we can decide buy having a few fun races and having a vote, personally I'd be fine with either of them. I still consider myself a noob with rf2 to I've done 3 to 6 club races, the test league we had last season 1 or 2 races, and the fr 3.5 season where I missed a few races all without a great deal of practise, rest of the time free ive had to practise with race07.
I do obviously miss the speed of f1 cars :thumbsup:

Last edited:
@Dino Paolini and @Frederic Schornstein

Hope you guys are paying attention here :) We will need all the help we can get from Rf2 pro's, from server help to vmods, from tracks to cars, setups and tips.

Stay tuned for when we get that far into setting it all up but both your help will be invaluable to us if possible :thumbsup:
Thanks for the tag. I will add the thread to my watch list :)

Just wanted to comment that the FISI is much harder to actually "race", meaning fighting for positions and everything than for example the F-Renault cars, that's atleast the case for me. For it to really make sense, it has to be atleast a full hour race, but a full GP distance makes actually more sense, as most times it boils down to following each other until the pitstops^^

I would still join that too as I had a very unsatisfying season with them and would love to have fun with them too for a change.
I can't really help with server stuff as I've never done any administrative work.

If my schedule allows I will definatly join you guys again on the track for that. I'm not sure what happened with R07, I guess it doesn't get supported anymore online?

I 100% agree with what your saying Dino, After watching a few of the FSR races and seeing how hard it is to pass and follow I think it would make sense for Presto to go were the best and closest racing is, which to me right now is the Formula Renault 3.5 2014's, They are not a huge deal different to F3000 but they feel a whole lot faster on track and the racing can be as close as you want.

We'll obviously get round to voting eventually on what we drive so in the meantime I'll do a mix of practise servers every week or two with diffrent open wheelers and tracks then all us drivers can form opinions and make an informed choice come the voting stage.

And I for one would love to see you back and can't wait to resume where we left off, with great battle's and respectful racing :thumbsup:

I will miss this race and maybe the next due to severe leg pain. I tried the RF2 server last night and only managed a few laps before having to stop.

Enjoy the race.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea