Season 13 - General Discussion

Jay
Realistically are we looking at just a few days to get the lobby back up or a couple of weeks, or possibly longer?
We over at PrestoGP have our season on hold whilst this is resolved
King Regards
Jim

I really cant say, simply because i don't know, "its complicated" as they say. As soon as the word legal drops and lawyers enter the conversation it the first signs that things might take a bit to get handled.

As soon as more news becomes available I will share it.

Hmmm

It's that uncertainty that makes me think that if we don't do something then we might not have a league soon, will people hang around when nothing is happening?, if we set the ball rolling on a change of game then at least it keeps us active, it takes nothing to run a server on Rf2 and I've already got one waiting with a few F1 tracks and Renault3.5 2014, its ready to rock and roll :) if in a week or two the lobby comes back then great news, we can continue with Race07 until we are happy that everyone is ready to move, then it wouldn't matter to me if we had 1-2 more seasons of Race07(provided the lobby is back) but the ball would be rolling for a change and thats what I hope to see, that some change will come sooner rather than later, not just waiting for when we get shut off altogether, start setting it up now and we wont be without our racing together for too long :thumbsup:.

I find the responses from Sector 3/Jay so confusing :O_o: also more so on the steam community race07 forum. (right click r07 forums in steam library/ view forum)

I guess we will find out sooner or later anyway, but ye I'm up for 'rumble in the tunngle' tonight and some rf2 funs races anything while we to wait however long it will be.

How many of us will be there tonight ?
I only have time for a short run only, other things people need to have ready is tunngle installed account made login/server info.

I did some test and even had some club race with rF2, the least I can tell is that it certainly requires a lot of practice at first (about ~10 hours for me before having sensations equivalent of what we currently have with our race07 mastering), but it's a lot better than race07 : you don't wait 20 seconds for a tire change, there's a formation lap, weather can include wind, DRS, etc. It even has a disconnect/rejoin feature, so people having a network issue can still finish the race after rejoining. And the TrackMap plugin is great. And it's a modern game (64bit !). And it's still improving. And the ISI tracks are crazy with details. :)

However I share David's concern with the fact that it's a jump most of us should do if we want to keep our league populated and competitive. I hope nobody will be left behind when we'll switch platform. I don't know how things will turn up with this lobby issue, I just hope that we can continue racing together.

I have rF2 and hope soon also a decent Pc for it :D, problem is How many people would like to RF2? sure we have to finish the season or will try ( if I look the server now), is also correct move up the problem: next sim? Race07, rF2, or ....
we have a lot of time for the debate now, server is down:p:D

PS Jim if you have a demo don't run anything

A vmod is something anyone can create to have selected cars and tracks you want in like a small series, everyone installs vmod and then the files needed so they know they can get on server etc.
For example if we used in a season we could use individual vmods for each race or one for the complete seasons tracks.

You can have the vmod also with all the files needed(makes it quite large) or without the files and these are downloaded and installed one by one making it easier to share vmod by each individual.

You put in packages folder in documents/rfactor 2 and install with the manage mods part of launcher. :thumbsup:

All I can say is at the moment I really do not like RF2, but if you all moved to it from Race07 then I would put more time into it and yes, go against all that is natural in my life and buy the damn thing to keep racing here. I am, I know, a dinosaur who hates change, even the smallest change brings me out in a sweat, so I need to be pushed into it.
So push me, or I stay content with my lot.

Ye felt good to get back on, maybe even some on tomorrow for some usual practise ?

Install tunngle create account, allow firewall, and click community/networks>private network and the login with PrestoGP and twice usual password :thumbsup:
Then click join done, launch game and goto multplayer/lan and should see servers.

It may take a few times clicking to join and navigate that part rest should be fine with a restart and router reset sorted fingers crossed.:geek:
tunngle_zps41d7938c.png

tunngle2_zps6c83b2a8.png

Came home from the capitol of Kennett, Helsinki, last night, and there was a lot to read up on in this thread. But the city was very nice :)

From what I have read it doesn't look too likely that the lobby will be up any time soon, and the need to prepare for swap of platform seems logical. As others already suggested I agree the best we can do at the moment is to start practicing rf2. I suggest we do not rush the start of a new season. For me it makes sense to start season 14, our first in rf2, when we normally would, sometime in January. Obviously we can still arrange whatever we want to help prepare and enjoy ourself, but we should allow time for everybody to do whatever they need (new hardware, sufficient practice) to be ready and prepared (PrestoGP quality) for the first race of the official season.

If the race07 lobby should be availeble again within reasonable time, or if the lan program works well, that would obviously affect the matter.

(...) with R07 and this league as it stands it enables me to do a little practice then turn up, be reasonably competitive and have fun without having to dedicate too much time to it, which for me is perfect:ninja:
This has always been a key factor for both me as a driver and the league itself. If we had to practice as much and have so many incidents as we did the first seasons I do not think we would have lasted this long. I acctually remember that towards the end of season 2 you (Jim) communicated to me (don't remember if it was a pm, chat or something else) that you were getting a bit worn out from always having to learn a new track. Luckily this was towards the end of our first two season track cycle and we were soon to repeat (more or less) the tracks of season 1 in Season 3.

I did some test and even had some club race with rF2, the least I can tell is that it certainly requires a lot of practice at first (about ~10 hours for me before having sensations equivalent of what we currently have with our race07 mastering),
I think I can relate well to what Nicolas sais. I am however at maybe 90 min experience, so it is motivating to see that there should be light in the end of an approximate 10 hour tunnel (8,5 to go) :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I've just had 2 hours on rf2 around the Melbourne track, at first it was almost undriveable, but after Nico R joined and gave me a workable setup and I'd reduced the brake pressure, played with steering lock etc. I was lapping reasonably well

Didn't have to learn a new track as such as it looks the identical to the Simbin version, it's not pretty, I guess it's converted from something older and the brand new ISI rf2 tracks would look much nicer?

I think the bit that cheers me up is that if we all move together then there's going to be lots of help from the whole Presto community so it should be much easier than picking up a new game one your own:thumbsup:

I'm up for it

Jim

Nico....

You just made me the happiest guy alive, maybe not as happy as the guy who holds the key for the playboy mansion, or the guy who cleans the toilets in the ladies changing rooms but I'm happy :D

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies