Season 13 - General Discussion

I wonder whether Sector3 only purchased the rights to R3E from the administrators ? not for GTR2, R07 etc in order to scale down the operation and try to make it profitable?

This is very worrying indeed, now where did I put my RF2 instruction manual?:unsure:

Edit: Jay Ekkel has stated that the intellectual property and rights are with Sector3 so that's encouraging :thumbsup:

Jim

Last edited:
ok guys so a bit further forward regards tunngle, myself, april and steeve tried it out earlier and sussed out that its only listen servers it enables us to play on, so if i go in and host a game from the ingame menu then all is good and we can connect and play.

thats all good but i think we have no way to control the server as much as we could with the dedi software, i.e session lengths and tyre wear, weather would probably be alot harder or completely out the window, another thing it means is that i or whoever is hosting the server needs to be running the game at the time so there would be no more servers on 24/7.

if i find a way to set it up ingame with regards session length and tyre wear then we might be able to continue races this season depending on a number of factors (lag, ability to connect, recreating roughly the same parametres) but this is deffo not a permanant solution, it may not even be a solution depending on what its like with a few folk on.

we need to hope and pray that things are sorted quickly before anyone looses interest, either that or we start setting the foundations for a change of platform.

Last edited:
Oh my, I thought I would only miss Zandvoort, but things seem to have taken a turn for the worst. Just back from last holiday and it has all gone wrong from what I have read. If the lobby is gone for good then it's farewell and have fun on the new platform. If not then it may still be farewell and have fun on the new platform as this may be the push you all need.

Why wouldn't you be prepared to change platform Bob?, Is it Rfactor2 or any of the newer games that you don't like? or that you just don't want to play or spend time on anything else (remembering there would be no Race07 MP either), It not a PC problem as your PC is far more capable of running it than most, So whats up?

Just to get an idea Bob you seem pretty certain that you wouldn't be following us away from Race07 no matter what we move to.

EDIT: Remember too that the lobby might still come back and all this is for nothing :thumbsup:

ok guys so a bit further forward regards tunngle, myself, april and steeve tried it out earlier and sussed out that its only listen servers it enables us to play on, so if i go in and host a game from the ingame menu then all is good and we can connect and play.

thats all good but i think we have no way to control the server as much as we could with the dedi software, i.e session lengths and tyre wear, weather would probably be alot harder or completely out the window, another thing it means is that i or whoever is hosting the server needs to be running the game at the time so there would be no more servers on 24/7.

if i find a way to set it up ingame with regards session length and tyre wear then we might be able to continue races this season depending on a number of factors (lag, ability to connect, recreating roughly the same parametres) but this is deffo not a permanant solution, it may not even be a solution depending on what its like with a few folk on.

we need to hope and pray that things are sorted quickly before anyone looses interest, either that or we start setting the foundations for a change of platform.

Hm ok. So Dave Russel's guys are not running a dedicated server? What's the actual difference?

It is possible to edit more server settings through the ini-files I think before starting listen servers. If this would be the only option I think it's definitely ok - same goes for all right :)

Chiming in briefly (this seems to be the most active place discussing the lobby situation on the net, anyway ;)) - the dedicated server's very first option is a checkmark stating "internetserver" (might differ slightly in other languages), wouldn't disabling it make the server appear in the LAN servers' list? :) (ignore my comment if that's already tested/out of question :))

Anyway, I think if it doesn't turn out to get too costly (and it shouldn't, under normal circumstances), Sector3 will get the lobby working again.
Even if they should be unable to transfer the ownership of the server to the new company, they are in possession of the copyright/IP as Jay stated earlier - in that case, they could still publish a small update to Race07 changing the server it is supposed to contact when accessing the lobby to a new one. Just takes time, I guess :(

My server is dedicated. One setting that just sprang to mind, not sure if will make any difference or if David has tried already, but in the creation settings of the private network, I changed the Network Range to 192.168.x.* emulation.

If this doesn't help then i'll write more about what I had to do later as the wife is getting on my case right now about making the dinner lol (I said I would earlier, so) :rolleyes:

Why wouldn't you be prepared to change platform Bob?
Don't really want to get into the old RF2 argument again, but I totally disagree with buying a game and then renting online play. I may look to other games that are buy a full game and get online included or just go to other sites and race GT Legends and GTR2 again. My wheel is falling to pieces and I have no intention of buying a new one. So once Race07 dies I have to find a new hobby.

Don't really want to get into the old RF2 argument again, but I totally disagree with buying a game and then renting online play. I may look to other games that are buy a full game and get online included or just go to other sites and race GT Legends and GTR2 again. My wheel is falling to pieces and I have no intention of buying a new one. So once Race07 dies I have to find a new hobby.

you know that if you pay 50 quid you have it for life? no subscriptions per year, and look at it this way, how much would another game like R3E cost or Iracing if you add the cars and tracks that you want, 50 quid right now is little to pay for a constantly developing and supported game for years to come, if it was bf4 that was 40 quid when released and 15 quid an expansion or more, to me 50 quid for rf2 for life is a great deal for anyone intrested in sim racing realism.

But don't you have to buy cars in RF2?

R3E is a no go because of all the different cars that need buying, that's a worse idea than expansion packs. So many people will have different cars and tracks it will be a lottery racing online.

I think the whole problem with moving on is that Presto doesn't want to loose anyone either, the ideal scenario is that every single person who enjoys and turns up for Presto races follows us to whats next..... I think Rfactor2 is most logical as around 80-90% of us have it already, the battle is breaking the habits we've had for years now, it will be hard nobody is denying that but we can make it work, we might have to make it work sooner than anyone imagined to keep our community together and active.
This doesn't have to spoil our fun, it may end up adding to our enjoyment, and if not then at least we tried and didn't sit around stagnating, waiting for the inevitable time that s3s finally do call time on a 7 year old game that's worth 0% in profits to them.

But obviously if the servers come back on Monday then we carry on and finish the season, maybe have another and then move on, but at some point moving is a must I feel.

My server is dedicated. One setting that just sprang to mind, not sure if will make any difference or if David has tried already, but in the creation settings of the private network, I changed the Network Range to 192.168.x.* emulation.

If this doesn't help then i'll write more about what I had to do later as the wife is getting on my case right now about making the dinner lol (I said I would earlier, so) :rolleyes:

Can someone please connect to my tunngle network "pdecker" with same pw as to prestogp and check lan servers? :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.