Season 13 - General Discussion

Vale

What CAD software do you use?

Jim

currently in new workplace/farm I use Visi Cad-Cam and I know the best solution is a "Quadro" video-card but no good for the games the Quadro :D.With Cad I do mechanical stuff like moulds,you know the moulds Jim?:DI think any video card is good I don't do drawings of style( or Im wrong Jim?), as you can do with Catia:rolleyes:( i love this software) .

PS I want you tuned like on track Peter, back winner from exam:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Vale

I have a new PC recently which came with an Nvidia Quadro FX3800 installed, I very quickly reverted back to my old ATI Firepro V5800 after having issues both with Solidworks and R07 while running the Nvidia

The ATI runs both very nicely:geek:

I see your software does recommend running either a Quadro or FirePro for best results http://www.visicadcam.com/faqs/

The rest of my unit is fairly sweet... i7 2.67GHz, 12GB fast ram, decent mobo, PSU etc

After running for a few years with 2 x OCZ 128GB SSD's I now have a Samsung 840EVO 250GB paired with 1 x OZC 128GB and a HDD 500GB + a 1TB archive on USB

I would highly recommend the Samsung SSD (250GB for under £100 here in the UK) and an ATI Firepro if you can stretch to it:unsure:

maybe used from eBay? I've seen them at £55

Jim

Last edited:
I'm RF2 ready in so much as I have it... and the gear to run it, though I've hardly used it, I'm just too comfortable in my old R07 hardly need to practice slippers, turn up and drive suits my life/sim balance right now:coffee:

Jim

We received reports that the server was down yesterday (thanks for the reports), we looked into it and found that the problem is that the server never moved as an asset to the new studio. Even though it was supposed to. Our IT guy is working on solving the problem. I have no ETA.

Still no ETA on the servers being back up but the good thing is we now have a reason why they are down and hopefully they will be back up and running soon :thumbsup:

In the meantime it may be wise to stick an hour or two into offline practise to see you right in case the servers aren't back for a while.

"We have investigated the issue as soon as we received the first reports,. As the server is still registered to SimBin we cannot access it (we are sector3) and we have no rights to acces the sever.

So for that reason there is no ETA when we can have access, or when we can fix what ever is going on with the lobby.

So some patience is required, it been online for 7 years now, its not the easiest system to keep up an running in 2014!"

taken from sector 3 studios facebook page.

this aint looking good guys :(

I just hope this isn't there R3E sales tactic lol Obviously they make no money from r07 now so if there sales spike they will never put lobby back up.:roflmao: I can say wont be any purchases from me lol

Worrying thing is they cant access server because they forgot to bring it lol sounds a bit fishy to me. Just what will the next thing be someone has moved it but we cant find it :giggle:

It would be funny if after all this time putting off going to rf2 we end up with Sector 3 forcing us to, the very least thing is we have plenty time till next season to do so if indeed its the end of r07 because its sure going to make a mess with this season :(.

I've only used Lan over network once before not this game and it didn't work very good, but be willing to try anything :cool:

Last edited:
Maybe we can organised a trial for Sunday night usual times or when ever ? I just also noticed something else its season 13 :confused: unlucky for some ..... going to check rf2 is installed correctly :giggle:.

That what I used also Peter maybe year or 2 ago now and same it was free and a bit laggy and I only played fifa between couple of mates living it same town.

Hey guys! During this period of hassle, I just wanted to share with you a solution I found which has got the regulars of our private steam group back on our server! :cool:

I don't know if it's already been previously discussed, but I seen a mention of Hamachi above. Personally, I've had no luck with that in the past, or recently! Anyway, I stumbled across a program called Tunngle, which works quite similar to Hamachi in the sense that it acts as a conduit to connect you to a Virtual Private Network, allowing you to play any game that supports LAN, online! Except, It really works and was relatively hassle-free to get going. Also, as far as I believe, a standard account will let you make a network/room capable of 32 slots.

I just thought it's maybe something to consider?! ...For those who need their daily 07 fix! lol

...if there's anyone that fancies a drive and still has MakCorp, then you're more than welcome to drive with us in the meantime! My server is called pbfanatic F1 which some should be familiar of, or have previously joined in the lobby :geek: But more info about how to join us on Tunngle and setting up if interested, is at our Team MAD steam group page here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pbfanatic

It's a pain in the backside, but at least it's a way around for others like our group!
Good luck plus I also hope they fix the lobby soon!
Cheers :)

Thanks Dave, The help is appreciated :thumbsup:

I've setup a Tunngle account and created a private network, now to see if anyone can connect :confused:

Instal Tunngle, https://www.tunngle.net/en/
Make an account and login.
Hover your mouse over community, then networks and click join an existing network,network name is PrestoGP and join using the mydrive/serverx2 password
Now load up Race07 and goto multiplayer and select Lan
Hopefully the server shows up in there.:)

If it doesn't work then let me know it may need some tweaking or ports opened.

Last edited:
Yes, Tunngle is another LAn over IP solution. Worth looking for. but as far as this season, hiatus.. Sorry.. i do think that hamachi/Tunggle type solution is worth looking after as future is uncertain.

About Sector 3 and SimBin. I can not say i have heard this officially, nor do i have any kind of connection to SimBin or Sector 3, as far as i know, they are some type of Swedish burgers. (lol, lawyers...) but: Sector 3 is Simbin. They have great pride of Race07 and it is the second to last server to be offline. That is the priority, if it is at all possible, it will be back online. Note, they are much smaller company now but if it is at all possible, the Race07 servers WILL be online ASAP. If i get any information that states otherwise, i will let you know.

AFAIK, it is simply a transfer of assets type of situation, every god damn game company has contracts with 3rd party server farms (EA, UBI, everyone and your uncle) and that is where the problem lies: previous contract has not transferred; it has been simply forgotten, the race07 server lobby is so old and has "just been there" for years so no one even thought it as an issue (i'm pretty sure it has had the same hardware for years, dusty and moldy but running). But 3rd party server farm can not continue to provide service if there is no one ordering it anymore ;)

Only hear say and rumors, i have no knowledge what has actually happened (seriously, i don't.... And contract over server lobby means control over the game, it may involve another round of lawyers.. Or it may be as simple as renewing contract.

Thanks Dave, The help is appreciated :thumbsup:

I've setup a Tunngle account and created a private network, now to see if anyone can connect :confused:

Instal Tunngle, https://www.tunngle.net/en/
Make an account and login.
Hover your mouse over community, then networks and click join an existing network,network name is PrestoGP and join using the mydrive/serverx2 password
Now load up Race07 and goto multiplayer and select Lan
Hopefully the server shows up in there.:)

If it doesn't work then let me know it may need some tweaking or ports opened.

Ok, Ive just tried it. Actually took a while to find out that there was no "existing network" to click, but a "Private Networks" :ninja: And I tried the mydrive server password twice (ie. some "other servers' " four times), a had to scratch the head. Yeah, it was a party last night, even if exam is Tuesday :coffee:

This seems like a great program. Once set up, it is like just another game server login to do :thumbsup:

I first got a location mismatch message due to windows security settings. It seems to be pretty common that either you miss in the popup dialogue when game starts to set the windows firewall rule to accept BOTH private and public network, or the dialogue dont even show at all so it must be done manually.

http://www.tunngle.net/wiki/Error:2...Windows_Firewall_.22Allow.22_message_comes_up.

In my case, my Symantec Endpoint Protection was part of the blocker. So maybe we'll have to help eachother out about this.

I could however not see any server after joining the vpn, restarting game, all firewalls off. Could be the server ports. Is there a possibility to put it out in DMZ?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%