S14 - General Discussion

It's obviously not an ideal situation going on with servers, I've tried loads to get it to work but having no luck it seem's, Once again I'll bring the dedi back here, format it, reinstall all servers, also instal another nic card to see if its onboard is causing problem's, If all that fail's again then will try get hold of a new router and instal that, I will eventually get on top of this problem but thankfully @Peter Decker has his server that we can use, having no access during Peters vacation though makes it a bit awkward but plenty time before that, I'll try everything I can to sort this out. :thumbsup:

Hello, I have been reading and researching Presto GP for about a week now and I really like the attitude of this club. I have, of late, picked my speed up enough to consider myself a safe mid-packer. I would like to get involved with the league long term. My only problem is I am a freelance contractor so my schedule is hit or miss. I would like to race when I can. I put up a time on the Austrian server to show my speed and I am a gentleman racer that loves RF2 so hopefully you have room for me. Thanks for reading.:)

Good for PrestoGP to welcome another player, we needed that, 'cause we dropped from 24 to about 16 from the beginning of the league !

I have a question about the next race: how will be the rule concerning pit entry ? Is it mandatory to enter the pits from the beginning of the white line before turn 8 ? Or can we do it like hell ?

It's very important to be clear on it 'cause it's such fast and blind corner which may creat some carnage.

Hello, I have been reading and researching Presto GP for about a week now and I really like the attitude of this club. I have, of late, picked my speed up enough to consider myself a safe mid-packer. I would like to get involved with the league long term. My only problem is I am a freelance contractor so my schedule is hit or miss. I would like to race when I can. I put up a time on the Austrian server to show my speed and I am a gentleman racer that loves RF2 so hopefully you have room for me. Thanks for reading.:)

Very welcome Jeff!
Sounds like you fit our desired type of driver perfectly. :thumbsup: Our primary focus of stable pace and safety may sound easy to achieve, but demands some serious practice. Just keep putting in laps at the server, practice spatial awareness by battling some AIs and try to run a couple of 30 or 60min race simulation stints. Also, ask for setup tips or use someone else's - we are all obliged to share as you know already I guess. Then you should be all set I'm sure! :)

Good for PrestoGP to welcome another player, we needed that, 'cause we dropped from 24 to about 16 from the beginning of the league !

I have a question about the next race: how will be the rule concerning pit entry ? Is it mandatory to enter the pits from the beginning of the white line before turn 8 ? Or can we do it like hell ?

It's very important to be clear on it 'cause it's such fast and blind corner which may creat some carnage.

Yeah, this pit entry reminds me of what destroyed my race at Singapore once - a suddenly slowing car on corner apex so the car could keep inside the white line after corner too.

The solution we concluded after Singapore maybe should be applied here - hit the apex but at higher speed, just smoothly braking.

In my opinion, at Austria, the pit line should be ignored. The main focus should be to not brake hard before apex. Just take the same line on corner entry but keep braking slightly, and more after apex when one should be inside racing line by that point. What do you guys think? This pit entry is a bad one - please practice it carefully everyone!

Personally, I don't see what the problem is!!?
Racing this circuit on different formats sticking to the entry white lines has never created any problems!
When pitting, sticking to the inside (right side of track) prior to T8 along the straight indicates to any driver behind you, your intention to pit.

I'm just afraid it wont be enough clear of a move. The pit entry lines are so wide, you could make a similar corner compared to the regular one entry just that you need to brake hard IF the line has to be obeyed.

I'm more into this way:

I'm just afraid it wont be enough clear of a move. The pit entry lines are so wide, you could make a similar corner compared to the regular one entry just that you need to brake hard IF the line has to be obeyed.

I'm more into this way:

I know exactly what you mean ....................except, .........a car (very close) wishing to dive down the inside will get 'side swiped' (or at the very least, get distracted into a mistake for the last corner) by the car wishing to pit!
(I know it's not a great overtake position, but with varying lap times, someone will go for it!)

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 423 69.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 265 43.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 46.7%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 125 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.5%
Back