S14 - General Discussion

We could have some practice starts instead of the long practice1 session next time?
Great idea Valter.

Next race we will take 15 minutes during practise and have as many practise starts as needed until we are at a point we are comfortable with ourselves and each other, we will keep this up every race until we are sure that we can go back to the normal 3 practise starts, with alot of new members and a new game to most it makes sense to iron these problems out in our first season.

guys all i can say is sorry for this, problems galore and right now im not in the frame of mind to carry this on tonight, so........ we will postpone the season opener to give more time to iron out all these annoying problems, my plan would be to push back everything and have melbourne in 2 weeks time.

what does everyone think of that? all i can do is apologise for seans router and say that if i ever meet it personally it will feel my wrath :devilish:
You should not apologize. You do a great job. Technical trolls must be expected when the system is charged in full for the first time.

guys all i can say is sorry for this, problems galore and right now im not in the frame of mind to carry this on tonight, so........ we will postpone the season opener to give more time to iron out all these annoying problems, my plan would be to push back everything and have melbourne in 2 weeks time.

what does everyone think of that? all i can do is apologise for seans router and say that if i ever meet it personally it will feel my wrath :devilish:

David I know a lot of effort goes in and its stressfull running a race.
Its a new sim and a new car for Presto so a learning curve is to be expected. So on the tech side its understandable and the bugs will get solved.

On the driving side I think some of us need to take a bit of a deep breath and ask if we would have done the things we did in a real car on a real track?
IE reversing onto the track in S3 lap 1 after spinning off and causing a multiple car pile up and at least 2 cars pitting for damage.

Race long battles that give such great pleasure begin and end with respect for the other drivers.
So despite the postponement I think we can learn from some race incidents and IMO they need to be discussed.

If David has sorted the server connection issue for most of us at the beginning of the event, and now has an automated/scripted tool that can store and apply the Q order whenever necessary, and now we have solved the ghosts/disconnection issues due to virtual rides, then next time should be much better. There's still possibility of technical issues with internet provider or hardware for the server, but for those we can't really do something.

David is a true hero, lots of people would have become crazy after all those issues!

I have a question: I play rF2 with a pad, am I the only one to play like that ? If someone is struggling with his pad, maybe I can give him some tips, controller setttings and car setups (especially with Open-wheeler) to improve his level ! :D
For the last 6-7 years all the sim games I played (F1 Challenge, F1 2010, rF1 and rF2, even Richard Burns Rally but I don't like it soo much...) were always run on pad...without problem...with good enjoyment and good speed I think, and so things can continue long time again, why not !

I know that Xavier Poirel has recently bought a G27 and he was the last I knew to play with the same pad as me...but now...am I the last resistant here ??!! :geek:

I have a question: I play rF2 with a pad, am I the only one to play like that ? If someone is struggling with his pad, maybe I can give him some tips, controller setttings and car setups (especially with Open-wheeler) to improve his level ! :D
For the last 6-7 years all the sim games I played (F1 Challenge, F1 2010, rF1 and rF2, even Richard Burns Rally but I don't like it soo much...) were always run on pad...without problem...with good enjoyment and good speed I think, and so things can continue long time again, why not !

I know that Xavier Poirel has recently bought a G27 and he was the last I knew to play with the same pad as me...but now...am I the last resistant here ??!! :geek:
Nicolas,
You are a legend in my book. The pace you have with a pad is astounding. I was always amazed in FR 3.5 in the RD League.

This is the Xbox 360 pad (wire version of course), before it was the Logitech Rumblepad 2 which was a very good one too (just like the PS2 pad but bigger and thicker) !

I like to do more with less than other people, it's why I decide to keep that kind of gameplay (I don't want my desk to become a virtual cockpit !!).
So if someone hesitate to run a sim racing game with a gamepad, don't be wrong: it's not impossible !
BUT the reverse of the medal is that I can't play RWD GT cars well and consistent, it's not doable !! Those like the DT5 suit good for me though.

Gamepad is not dead I think: The Street fighter 4 EVO 2014 winner play with a pad, and what model ? The PS1 pad, yes the one without any analog sticks ! Not even a fightpad ! :geek: And me too, I play USF4 with the same pad as rF2.

That kind of device is not DEAD in my POV !! :thumbsup:

Great control with a pad Nicolas I used to play f1 challenge and gtr2 with a pad and was ok once played around. I remember though I used analog stick for accel/brakes.

I always prefer the dpad for fighting like tekken street fighter etc way better for pulling off moves lol

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.