Added 'fradin' logos to front (more vent work! :laugh:) and driver names so we're done here. Just need to update map file for new logos and export to dds and give it a track test - that will all be done tomorrow so should be released later tomorrow hopefully ;)

40680872141_a1319e453c_o.jpg

pretty close I think. If anyone actually has GTR2 installed and can read that 3rd logo under the doors then let me know what it is :p
GTR202.png

Added 'fradin' logos to front (more vent work! :laugh:) and driver names so we're done here. Just need to update map file for new logos and export to dds and give it a track test - that will all be done tomorrow so should be released later tomorrow hopefully ;)

pretty close I think. If anyone actually has GTR2 installed and can read that 3rd logo under the doors then let me know what it is :p
GTR202.png
So would you would you say after doing all of that work that the livery has made you scream......................ill walk myself out.

Oh yes agree they look good! I might not be doing any skins for the 57 though :roflmao:
This is about as close as I'm going to get anyway ;)

and now it looks crap again with a different angle... such is life :rolleyes:
.. actually doesn't look too bad I think ;)
I don't think I have it in me to do the flag on the other side so just the driver names to add now and it will be finished
I have seen Team Frikadelli (the one Sabine Schmitz drive in) do their car wrapping in the pits = it wasn't as clean and perfect as you skinners try to do it :ninja: Add damage repair, water intrusion, stretching and tearing around cut outs like those vents.
1.jpg

I know it was probably a last minute job there, but I still wonder just how well all that vinyl held up after being applied between fuel hoses, brake dust and time constraints

edit: what I actually wanted to say was that real life "skin making" is probably never as perfect as you sim skinners try to achieve ;) Or rather that a little imperfection here and there make it more life like

Last edited:

GTR202.png
Got good news for you (yey more work! lol)
__custom_showroom_1520497173.jpg

Turns out logos can be painted there, it's tight, but works.

This is the texture you must add the logos to in it's original res (1024px uncompressed):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t29r4g9csH9ZphDzvZrK6ZG0l1P0y-hT

This is the example I've posted above:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DGNsjj8lUue-z0MhleB4DFXg0l8UMLCU

So you can see how it works. All you need to do is add the Michelin logo there and make sure the alpha for the logo is white, while the rest remains black so it'll keep the carbon fiber texture.

Got good news for you (yey more work! lol)
View attachment 239733
Turns out logos can be painted there, it's tight, but works.

This is the texture you must add the logos to in it's original res (1024px uncompressed):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t29r4g9csH9ZphDzvZrK6ZG0l1P0y-hT

This is the example I've posted above:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DGNsjj8lUue-z0MhleB4DFXg0l8UMLCU

So you can see how it works. All you need to do is add the Michelin logo there and make sure the alpha for the logo is white, while the rest remains black so it'll keep the carbon fiber texture.
Cool. The carbon is coming out with a red tint though if I do it with the 1st file. I notice on the 2nd one its different

Btw, just a nitpick on the Vortex model, given your sky high standards on car lights. The side orange marker light on the front might look a bit too "mirrored" as a map, even if the real light casing is symmetric.

Last edited:
Btw, just a nitpick on the Vortex model, given your sky high standards on car lights. The side orange marker light on the front might look a bit too "mirrored" as a map, even if the real light casing is symmetric.
True, it wasn't until now that I've found one for sale on Ebay while searching for the RT/10, back then it was the only good pic I've had but needed to mirror it 'cause it had a lot of reflection on it.
I'll make sure it goes into the final update:
Showroom_rss_gt_vortex_v10_8-2-2018-9-23-32.jpg

I'm not sure what you're doing, here's with the first file I've posted (downloaded again just in case):
View attachment 239743

And the modified with the logo:
View attachment 239744

No red tint anywhere.
Haha I often wonder if I don't know what I'm doing too! :roflmao:

Was just doing it quick so I could go and race it. I just opened in PS and everything was in the red channel like this. Very strange...

however when I open the example you did it looks fine :confused:

the rest of it is looking pretty good even if I do say so myself! ;)

Guys I think I have solved it! Short answer is I had TYRE BLANKETS set to ON in Content Manager. Turning this off resolved it. Apologies for my rant about it yesterday! :redface::redface::whistling::rolleyes::whistling::rolleyes:

Before I tried this, I tried the following (all at Spa) which had the same results as I was talking about previously:
  • Default AC launcher RSS GT Cars
  • CM GT3 cars
  • Default AC Launcher GT3 Cars
For all I started the race and then went straight to the pits and used the free cam to go and watch them through eau rouge and pouhon.

I have always had this option ticked in CM, as I mostly do hotlaps, I figured it would be better to have the tires warm straight away. I've done a little more looking at the files and I don't know exactly which one has the effect but I looked in Document\AC\cfg\assists.ini and changing the setting in CM doesn't update that ini file or if I change it and then go back to the default launcher. Perhaps this value is being passed to the AI some how and is making them think they have more grip than they actually have. I also tried a race with the formula hybrid with it set to on and they didn't have an issue (which is why I've not previously noticed it) as I guess they either have so much downforce it doesn't matter or they already have tire blankets on anyway.
Further to this, I found out this morning its Penalties that I had to turn off, not tire blankets. It's fine with tire blankets on! I did actually manage to have some races at Spa today, but it was me that was having the problems this morning with unforced driving errors! Also the lambo is a bit of a sitting duck on the kemmel straight :whistling:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back