about the fast shiftanimation (especially downshift) in the lanzo...
setting it to POSITIVE_TIME=140 (before 120) and NEGATIVE_TIME=100 (before 80)
makes the animation much more authentic, smooth...

could you guys please have another look at this for the final pack.?

Last edited:
about the fast shiftanimation (especially downshift) in the lanzo...
setting it to POSITIVE_TIME=140 (before 120) and NEGATIVE_TIME=100 (before 80)
makes the animation much more authentic, smooth...

could you guys please have another look at this for the final pack.?

I've found this to be fast enough but not as much as it was released:

Code:
[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=150
POSITIVE_TIME=160
STATIC_TIME=30
NEGATIVE_TIME=200

So we'll test it on all cars and set them all to the same values once all the 6 are out.

I´m using the default filter
That's it, that very saturated red on a strong emitter will look whitish under the natural filter or similar 3rd party filters (I guess as intended).
Even if I'm not a fan of it, due to the awful chroma aberration, I guess it's safer to use it both to calibrate interior exposure (due to it's auto range that can be problematic) and light emitters. Something done in default will look ok on natural (as all kunos content), but not always the opposite.

The issue with Silverstone is that the grip for the tarmac is 0.75. I suppose the tires are not heated enough at start and with bad pressure. Backup the surface.ini and put new value for the "CONCRETE" (eg: 0.95) and the A.I will work fine.
Or use "TYRE BLANKETS" ON in your option, i think it' working for the A.I

Also tested Monza with 20 A.I at 100%, with or without "TYRE BLANKETS" ON: No issue at all.
I dunno what is the problem for some players (cpu, gpu???)

Also tested Monza with 20 A.I at 100%, with or without "TYRE BLANKETS" ON: No issue at all.
I dunno what is the problem for some players (cpu, gpu???)
I dunno. Cpu/GPU not an issue for me I've got an i7-4790k, gtx1070oc and 16gb ram. Hits about 80-100fps when not recording, 60-80 when recording and I've tried both.

Are you using content manager or stock launcher? There is a bit of a bug in CM at the moment it crashes when trying to pick your grid sometimes I'm wondering if that is screwing it up but i can't imagine why. I need to do some more 'problem determination'... I'll try with the stock launcher, and I'll try with CM with some other sets of cars e.g. GT3, road cars, RSS f4

I dunno. Cpu/GPU not an issue for me I've got an i7-4790k, gtx1070oc and 16gb ram. Hits about 80-100fps when not recording, 60-80 when recording and I've tried both.

Are you using content manager or stock launcher? There is a bit of a bug in CM at the moment it crashes when trying to pick your grid sometimes I'm wondering if that is screwing it up but i can't imagine why. I need to do some more 'problem determination'... I'll try with the stock launcher, and I'll try with CM with some other sets of cars e.g. GT3, road cars, RSS f4

i5-3570k, SLI 2xgtx970oc and 16gb ram, vsync off capped 63 fps, Stock launcher.

That's it, that very saturated red on a strong emitter will look whitish under the natural filter or similar 3rd party filters (I guess as intended).
Even if I'm not a fan of it, due to the awful chroma aberration, I guess it's safer to use it both to calibrate interior exposure (due to it's auto range that can be problematic) and light emitters. Something done in default will look ok on natural (as all kunos content), but not always the opposite.
Will test this later today thank you

This is the only real livery that's being worked on so far:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rss-gt1-championship.140452/page-219#post-2700998

Not that there are plenty of them anyway, the car debuted that year so there were few and uninspiring liveries. Even in later years, I haven't found a single creative livery for it.

The Diablo GT1/GT2 definitely was treated much nicer by teams in that department. Honestly I wasn’t even aware that the M‘lago existed as a GT1 racer.

By the way don’t you have a Diablo and are doing a pack called GT1...?! Nomad anyone?

Last edited:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rss-gt1-championship.140452/page-219#post-2700998

Not that there are plenty of them anyway, the car debuted that year so there were few and uninspiring liveries. Even in later years, I haven't found a single creative livery for it.

They were generally plain, but this one stood out imo:
94876.jpg

The Krohn-Barbour livery was quite good, no?
Still working on the Dams/Scream one. Was maybe going to the the Krohn-Barbour next

the car debuted that year

false :) the car was already in the entry list of the 2003 FIA GT championship in Estoril with a number 26 but there's no more informations nor any photos as it was just in the entry list. next, there is the test car: all carbon black with the N°36 seen in GTR and GTR2 that ran in the Monza 500KM in 2003. final round of the FIA GT 2003. yes, it started "officially" in 2004, but it really started in the last round in 2003 :)

Yep I always go to Racing Sports Cars to check out all the liveries, most important see what setup the cars had that specific year.
Still I've looked mostly at the R-SV and Huracan for inspiration when doing the skins for the RSS car.

Didn't noticed the date until now, I was always looking at race results so I went with that, but yeah the black car debuted in late 2003 that's correct.

I knew someone had said something about auto-blip but couldn't remember where or who! Sounds like it could solve it to me. I did try a race at spa with just lanzos, as someone mentioned something about newer tire physics, but still the same issue, although the carnage at Radillon wasn't quite as bad.

I don't care that some of the cars are faster or slower, IMO the cars should all be different speeds as they were in real life with no BoP - the 550 was pretty much dominant (from what I have read), I don't care about racing it against the MC12 as it is from a different specification, but please do something about the ability of the AI to drive so we can race them.

This is the first time I've mentioned it, but others have done so before. Please guys listen to us, as it's pointless doing all this amazing work if we can't have a race with the AI.

Guys I think I have solved it! Short answer is I had TYRE BLANKETS set to ON in Content Manager. Turning this off resolved it. Apologies for my rant about it yesterday! :redface::redface::whistling::rolleyes::whistling::rolleyes:

Before I tried this, I tried the following (all at Spa) which had the same results as I was talking about previously:
  • Default AC launcher RSS GT Cars
  • CM GT3 cars
  • Default AC Launcher GT3 Cars
For all I started the race and then went straight to the pits and used the free cam to go and watch them through eau rouge and pouhon.

I have always had this option ticked in CM, as I mostly do hotlaps, I figured it would be better to have the tires warm straight away. I've done a little more looking at the files and I don't know exactly which one has the effect but I looked in Document\AC\cfg\assists.ini and changing the setting in CM doesn't update that ini file or if I change it and then go back to the default launcher. Perhaps this value is being passed to the AI some how and is making them think they have more grip than they actually have. I also tried a race with the formula hybrid with it set to on and they didn't have an issue (which is why I've not previously noticed it) as I guess they either have so much downforce it doesn't matter or they already have tire blankets on anyway.

false :) the car was already in the entry list of the 2003 FIA GT championship in Estoril with a number 26 but there's no more informations nor any photos as it was just in the entry list. next, there is the test car: all carbon black with the N°36 seen in GTR and GTR2 that ran in the Monza 500KM in 2003. final round of the FIA GT 2003. yes, it started "officially" in 2004, but it really started in the last round in 2003 :)

Yep I always go to Racing Sports Cars to check out all the liveries, most important see what setup the cars had that specific year.
Still I've looked mostly at the R-SV and Huracan for inspiration when doing the skins for the RSS car.

Didn't noticed the date until now, I was always looking at race results so I went with that, but yeah the black car debuted in late 2003 that's correct.
I was looking on RSC too and it said for one or 2 of the early ones that the car didn't turn up as it wasn't ready.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 37 84.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 34.1%