Resource icon

Database Reduced Tyre Wear 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Please guys, be patient. I don't know when I'll get a new controller (hopefully soon), but I promise, as soon as I do, I'll come back to make databases for all race lengths for both Career and GP mode. I apologize for this unexpected delay, but please, bear with me.

It might work OK, but the database was replaced by Patch 2.

So even though the database in this mod may work, by using it you don't know what other changes were made to the database by the patch. So you would lose those changes, whatever they are :)

For all we know ..... they just fixed a spelling mistake ;)

Edit - It looks like pit speed at Silverstone :-

Patch 1
Code:
<pit_speed_limit_race>27.778</pit_speed_limit_race>
    <pitstop_dry_race_time_cost>14.217</pitstop_dry_race_time_cost>
    <pitstop_wet_race_time_cost>15.189</pitstop_wet_race_time_cost>

Patch 2
Code:
  <pit_speed_limit_race>16.667</pit_speed_limit_race>
    <pitstop_dry_race_time_cost>12.633</pitstop_dry_race_time_cost>
    <pitstop_wet_race_time_cost>13.38</pitstop_wet_race_time_cost>

Last edited:
It might work OK, but the database was replaced by Patch 2.

So even though the database in this mod may work, by using it you don't know what other changes were made to the database by the patch. So you would lose those changes, whatever they are :)

For all we know ..... they just fixed a spelling mistake ;)

Edit - It looks like pit speed at Silverstone :-

Patch 1
Code:
<pit_speed_limit_race>27.778</pit_speed_limit_race>
    <pitstop_dry_race_time_cost>14.217</pitstop_dry_race_time_cost>
    <pitstop_wet_race_time_cost>15.189</pitstop_wet_race_time_cost>

Patch 2
Code:
  <pit_speed_limit_race>16.667</pit_speed_limit_race>
    <pitstop_dry_race_time_cost>12.633</pitstop_dry_race_time_cost>
    <pitstop_wet_race_time_cost>13.38</pitstop_wet_race_time_cost>

Wow, they finally decided to reduce the pit speed limit? Been wondering why it was still the old limit since it was changed long before the game was released..

As for the database, I made backups of the old ones, so, once the update finished downloading, I will update the new database with the mod values. Testing is still hard for me, but, I hope the new database didn't screw anything up, so, if you could tell me if it works as it should or not, I would be really grateful

Why are you guys so intent on cheating? FFS, get used to the game the way it is.

Thank goodness this crap doesn't work online.

Why are you guys so intent on cheating? FFS, get used to the game the way it is.

If Codemasters screwed things up and made tire wear terribly scaled for 25% distance races (haven't tried 100%), does it mean we should keep playing with a handicap compared to how the AI drivers just keep going as if their tires are still brand new?

Get a grip over yourself and stop posting aggressive comments that does your reputation no favors at all. Modders here are helping us play a better game, they should be thanked not targeted.

Hi E.T., thanks for feeling comfortable enough to share your opinion with all of us. I assure you that this mod does not give us any advantage over you, nor does it affect your ability to enjoy the game.

Also, I'm a little confused as to when you decided to spend $50 for me to play the game. If I recall correctly, I spent my own money to purchase a game that I wanted to enjoy in the way I would see fit. Now, if you want to buy me next years edition of F1 2014, I will be more than happy to let you tell me how to play the game.

I hope I don't come off as sounding upset or aggressive, and I truly hope that you continue to feel comfortable expressing your opinions on this forum, even if it isn't popular :)

Cheating? That is a completely ridiculous statement.

It is a BALANCE issue in SINGLE player.

How you come up with "cheating" and "crap" is beyond me. Of course it doesn't work on-line. THAT would be cheating, but of course you knew that already. Buzz off if you don't like this mod. No one asked you.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.