Resource icon

Database Reduced Tyre Wear 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Great mod,:)

The tyre wear was killing the gameplay..

I restarted my carreer with this mod. In Austratlia the wear was definately reduced, but then i had a wet race in Maleisiia and my wet tyres were worn at lap 5 with a scedualed pitstop at lap 7.

So i does't work with wet tyres??:unsure:

Why doesn't it work with normal grand prix mode?

Extensive testing for wet weather as not possible since Career mode has random weather. On what I tested (brazil and monza), the mod worked, but, I cannot guarantee it work on all tracks. I apologize, and wish you the best of luck in getting dry races.

Sorry for double post.

Hey Gabby,

thanks for the quick reply. In GP Mode your changes doesn't work at all tracks. So i think we have to change some values outside of the database to make the changes for career mode also available for GP-Mode. If you have an idea what to do, it would be great if you let me know,

thanks

Hey Gabby,

thanks for the quick reply. In GP Mode your changes doesn't work at all tracks. So i think we have to change some values outside of the database to make the changes for career mode also available for GP-Mode. If you have an idea what to do, it would be great if you let me know,

thanks

The changes in Career will never work for GP mode correctly. Reason is simple, the Career tests were done with a car that has no R&D updates, and is a lot lamer than the GP cars, which are fully upgraded. Yes, we need brand new values for GP mode, but not outside the database. I already have a quick outline of the necessary values, but, without proper testing, they are useless for now. To make it simple, the tyre wear in GP mode is reduced compared to the tyre wear in Career mode, therefore, the Career mode values will make the GP mode tyres last way longer than in career. (which can lead to a no pit strategy, unbalance and all sort of other issues). So, as I said repeatedly, DO NOT use these databases for races outside of Career Mode. (I think the 100% database works in GP mode only for Jerez and Brands Hatch, but I can't remember if I re-added the values for that to happen in the database after patch 2)

Doesn't work at all on 25% race distance on career mode with 25% or 50% files. Can't get to lap 4 without it resulting in F1 on ice for me. AI just drive past like their tyres are invincible; I've gone down two levels in difficulty for my career mode so far.

Got A Odd Problem Guys hope you can help!
Stared my Second year with Mclaren and all the changes dissapeard at Melbourne Opt 1.8 laps and Prime 4.9 on 50% race length.

Odd thing is that in GP mode Options are 7 Laps and Prime 15.5

Any Help would be great as this has just wrecked this game for me

Got A Odd Problem Guys hope you can help!
Stared my Second year with Mclaren and all the changes dissapeard at Melbourne Opt 1.8 laps and Prime 4.9 on 50% race length.

Odd thing is that in GP mode Options are 7 Laps and Prime 15.5

Any Help would be great as this has just wrecked this game for me

Well, that's interesting. If I have to take a guess, it's either the bugged tyre scaling (not sure if that's the proper name, but sometimes, seems like if you check how long the tyres will last in the pits, you'll get weird values, while the mod will still work).

Or it could be that the game overwrites the database as you finish a season and changes it to the values of the next season, if you made any R&D progress, so, in this case, just copy the modded database back in the game and give it a roll.

So far, that's all I can think of.

I can't see the game writing anything to the database, for one reason. If I were in a later season, and had to verify my game files, Steam would replace the original database, and I would be screwed :)

Thanks again Gabbynaru;)

After heaving heavy tire wear in Kuala Lumpur, the rest of the season is going pretty good

This is a REAL GAME CHANGER. :laugh:

With the previous versions of F1 20xx, there was always somehiing why i stopped playing it. Last year it was the understeer, which kinda took all the fun out of the game.

In F1 2013, it was the tyre wear that ruined the Careermode for me. Now with your mod my tyrewear corresponds with the wear of the AI and i have had numerous challenging en and exciting races.

This mod, combined with the Road feel and ultimate camera's mod together with simvibe (tactile feedback) make this the BEST F1 game i ever played

Had two exciting 50% races in my rig, can't wait continue my carreer tommorow

gdvu.jpg

This mod was working all right but now it's causing me a problem. After my first season, in which the mod worked fine, I signed for Ferrari, and now, on the first race on Melbourne, I cannot access the race strategy (it's greyed out and there are no scheduled pitstops), and my tyres wear out incredibly fast (like after 6 laps on a 100% career mode). I did not think that this mod could be the reason, but I reinstalled the game and then it works fine (I can access the race strategy) but as soon as I copy the database from this mod, the problem returns (no race strategy, tyres wear out fast).

Last edited:
This mod was working all right but now it's causing me a problem. After my first season, in which the mod worked fine, I signed for Ferrari, and now, on the first race on Melbourne, I cannot access the race strategy (it's greyed out and there are no scheduled pitstops), and my tyres wear out incredibly fast (like after 6 laps on a 100% career mode). I did not think that this mod could be the reason, but I reinstalled the game and then it works fine (I can access the race strategy) but as soon as I copy the database from this mod, the problem returns (no race strategy, tyres wear out fast).

Seams to be a Bug second year in Melbourne only i had the same thing with Mclaren. Just retired from the race and it was fine for Sepang will test China tomorrow night

Thanks again Gabbynaru;)

After heaving heavy tire wear in Kuala Lumpur, the rest of the season is going pretty good

This is a REAL GAME CHANGER. :laugh:

With the previous versions of F1 20xx, there was always somehiing why i stopped playing it. Last year it was the understeer, which kinda took all the fun out of the game.

In F1 2013, it was the tyre wear that ruined the Careermode for me. Now with your mod my tyrewear corresponds with the wear of the AI and i have had numerous challenging en and exciting races.

This mod, combined with the Road feel and ultimate camera's mod together with simvibe (tactile feedback) make this the BEST F1 game i ever played

Had two exciting 50% races in my rig, can't wait continue my carreer tommorow

gdvu.jpg

I will find u! and kill u :D!!!

Seams to be a Bug second year in Melbourne only i had the same thing with Mclaren. Just retired from the race and it was fine for Sepang will test China tomorrow night

I think from the third year on it's probably gonna be even worse. And I think I know what the problem is. The mod was made with a car without any R&D development at all. The tyre wear is so low without any R&D that, if you start upgrading the R&D, it will get to the poe the tyre wear doesn't exist. So, with that in mind, I hope that, when I finish the GP mode mod, it will work well in Career mode as well.

Actually, when I started work on this mod, someone (@BlazingRiCO, @LKC11 or @REGiSTERED ... sorry for forgetting guys) did wonder if working with the fully upgraded GP mode cars will benefit us in the long run in Career Mode. Whoever it was that said that, man, you were so right.

Therefore, finishing the GP mode mod is currently high priority here. Currently working on the 100% database, then I'll go lower. 100% is the one with the most work and that should be the focus point because of the tyre scaling, so, getting it out of the way first.

Quick update guys. Currently working on the 100% GP database. Had to change it 3 times before I got it working, but, I did. Testing done until Nurburgring. By tomorrow it shall be here.

In the meantime, here's a quick comparison video between the Codemasters database and the database I'm working on.

Enjoy!

P.S. That driving was done with a keyboard, so, don't kill me for it.

P.P.S. How do you do a spoiler here? Same as any other forum, or is it disabled (I see no spoiler button around)?

Quick update guys. Currently working on the 100% GP database. Had to change it 3 times before I got it working, but, I did. Testing done until Nurburgring. By tomorrow it shall be here.
Enjoy!

P.S. That driving was done with a keyboard, so, don't kill me for it.

Hi Gabbynaru,

I just want to thank you a lot for that mod, and for posting (up-thread) the changes I had to make to the database. Although I had to modify my texas tyre_wear_level value (in the track_model table) from 1 to 2, in order to get at least 1 pit stop in my test of 100% Austin Grand Prix, everything else is perfect so far. If any other values need to be changed in my database file in the days ahead, I'll post them here so members can read them.

And I play on keyboard also. You're not the only one. ;) I purchased an XBOX 360 controller for PC, but I get all mixed up when trying to use the controls and triggers (controllers are as un-natural to use as keyboards, but I'm used to using the keyboard).

Keep up the good work! I just had a fantastic Professional-difficulty level 100% Grand Prix race (race-only), full TC on, and everything was so cool with your mod! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Forum trophies