Redline Stars: Careers

Career Redline Stars: Careers 1.6.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
It is possible to change car while choosing a champioship? In GT3 for example we have many cars but by default we get the Lambo, it is possible to choose the car?

Last edited:
It is possible to change car while choosing a champioship? In GT3 for example we have many cars but by default we get the Lambo, it is possible to choose the car?
You don't get the Lambo by default, offers from teams are generated, so once you complete the current season you might get a different offer with a different car next time.

Where is the savefile stored at? I tried to make a backup of the "rsr_careers_electron" folder in %AppData%, but it seems the program loads from a different directory.

I want to do this because it seems the program can corrupt on some cases (I won a race and exit gracefully, but it put me on last place)

Where is the savefile stored at? I tried to make a backup of the "rsr_careers_electron" folder in %AppData%, but it seems the program loads from a different directory.

I want to do this because it seems the program can corrupt on some cases (I won a race and exit gracefully, but it put me on last place)
Settings are stored in AppData like you said. Save file is in the cloud, it cannot just "corrupt".
If you won a race but it put you in last place then most likely there's some issue with AC.

For example, did you notice if your driver name in AC (during the race) was the same as the one in the RSC settings?
Also, did you wait for all cars to cross the line? Seems like sometimes if you exit AC prematurely it forgets to save race results hence RSC can't get the results.

Last edited:
Save file is in the cloud, it cannot just "corrupt".
Woah, that's an unexpected feature, nice one!

I guess I will wait a bit longer before quitting. But I def expected a local save to do a multi-slot saving too.

So two questions. The stats you quote in the splash screen at the start - Are they made up or did you get them from somewhere?

And are there plans to do other versions of this. Maybe something involving historic or vintage racing.

And by the way love this program. So much fun!!!

So two questions. The stats you quote in the splash screen at the start - Are they made up or did you get them from somewhere?

And are there plans to do other versions of this. Maybe something involving historic or vintage racing.

And by the way love this program. So much fun!!!
Do you mean the "Did you know" bit? If so, then they're made up. Crashing into a car with a CVT is not in fact beneficial for our society and the average electric car doesn't weight as much as a tank used in World War II.

No other versions are planned, but there will be more championships with historic/vintage cars. There already is a couple (maybe you haven't advanced far enough yet). Definitely plan to add more since I like those cars as well.

Glad you like it!

Last edited:
The cars don't seem to recognize my controller preset while loading this mod in VR. Is there a way to select car control preset like in CM? Thanks again for this great mod.

The cars don't seem to recognize my controller preset while loading this mod in VR. Is there a way to select car control preset like in CM? Thanks again for this great mod.
Unfortunately, there's no way to launch the race through CM. I would make an option for that but CM just does not support it.
This means some of the settings that CM itself applies don't work when you launch a race through RSC. RSC itself doesn't have any control mapping and relies on vanilla AC settings. So if there's a way to setup your controls in Assetto Corsa's launcher then please do that, otherwise there's no solution at the moment :/

Last edited:
I see - It's mainly the reset vr view button assignment that I wish AC had an option in their menu. So not sure how if I need to hack that some how. Thanks for that explanation and looking forward to all your work!

noonecares11 updated Redline Stars: Careers with a new update entry:

Online racing is BACK, fullscreen support, 3 new championships and more!

This is a big one so no silly jokes this time.

View attachment 636569

Changelog:
- Online racing is back by unpopular demand. I just like pain. Now integrated in RSC, you can see when the next race, register and participate!
- 3 new championships using 3 new cars.
- Engine restrictor has been added to further improve the balance against the AI.
- Ballast setting now allows up to 600kg, since 200 apparently wasn't enough in some cases and would barely improve the balance.

Read the rest of this update entry...

First of all, congratulations on the mod. Incredible job. One quick question. Does the mod get the TC and ABS settings from the game or do i have to set them manually somewhere? For example, in the normal AC i have them set to "Factory". Does the mod recognise that? Thank you for your time :)

Last edited:
First of all, congratulations on the mod. Incredible job. One quick question. Does the mod get the TC and ABS settings from the game or do i have to set them manually somewhere? For example, in the normal AC i have them set to "Factory". Does the mod recognise that? Thank you for your time :)
Thank you. RSC doesn't modify AC/TC settings, so whatever you used the last time in an AC race will be used in races launched through RSC.

I'm having a recurring problem. After running a few career races, if I come back the next day and continue my season by clicking Next Race, AC doesn't fully launch and I get an error "Race results were invalid and not saved, please try again" from there, I can't continue my season and I may have to withdraw or restart my career. Any suggestions? Debug ID: 2619 (this has also been occurring w/ previous updates as well as the newest which I have downloaded.)

Edit: Also occurring w/ Daily Races

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 413 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 261 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 282 47.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 165 27.6%
Back