Real Challenge Physics MOD

RIDE 2 Real Challenge Physics MOD ULTIMATE 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
i
It's the tires in DATA/PHYSICS/TYRES. Increase the longitudinal grips. But the brake points will be affected too, not only the slip in acceleration. If you just don't want the instability while slips, it's inside eaxh bike files. Variables with rearslip at the end.

Hope it helps :thumbsup:

Dyego, i want to say that with your mod when start your bike from place it makes smoke, like traction control(TCS) is zero, but with game physics even when you have TCS deactivated u steel feel it on.
i used your file Tyres, but still when i start the bike from place no smoke, and TCS is like ON.
so where is that traction control remover?

oh, so is about when the bike is stopped and you start to move ( when the race starts )?
If so, try the LaunchControlSystem in DefaultBikeRide(Data/physics/vehicles/player...). change the variable "intensity" to 0. I don't remember if this config exists in all bikes, if yes you'll need to change each one...

oh, so is about when the bike is stopped and you start to move ( when the race starts )?
If so, try the LaunchControlSystem in DefaultBikeRide(Data/physics/vehicles/player...). change the variable "intensity" to 0. I don't remember if this config exists in all bikes, if yes you'll need to change each one...

Dyego, you helped me a lot! thanks man!

I have just seen this.. I haven't been around for a while. I will try it out Dyego. Thanks again for sharing your work!

So does this take the edge off the difficulty and sensitivity of the physics? To make it slightly more user-friendly?
I don't think it will be user-friendly for all... I mean, we always have someone that will complain about something... But you must choose to have a challenge or to play for fun... in my case the fun is the challenge!

In comparisson to previous versions it's more forgiving, but not enought to make you have a big advantage over the AI. We must remember in the vanilla version the IA is riding by "almost realistic" rules while you are completely arcade-ish...

I don't think it will be user-friendly for all... I mean, we always have someone that will complain about something... But you must choose to have a challenge or to play for fun... in my case the fun is the challenge!

In comparisson to previous versions it's more forgiving, but not enought to make you have a big advantage over the AI. We must remember in the vanilla version the IA is riding by "almost realistic" rules while you are completely arcade-ish...

It's horses for courses Dyego. Those who hanker after a significant challenge in the physics and handling aspect of the game will love this mod. Like I do.

There are always going to be those who prefer (and love to play) Milestone's "vanilla" Pro Physics.

Coming from many years of playing gp500 by Melbourne House I am one of those who fits firmly into the former of the above two categories. That's just me.

I think the mods made by yourself and Giovane have transformed my experience, for the better, of playing motogp by Milestone. And also RIDE 2.

Everyone to their own. Me? I still hanker after a worthy "out of the box" replacement for gp500. That we can also play online.

I am not sure it will ever happen now tbh. The computer games industry is not doing two wheels too many favours at the moment.. That's just the way it is now. Unless someone else picks up an SBK or motogp licence and gives it a more serious go..

But thank you so much for what you have done!

About the mod, how someone can think it is much difficult?! :cautious:

It's no more challenging on the "limit" than gp500 is on worn tyres..

The worrying thought is that I can remember my father (who raced himself in the 1980s) telling me that when gp500 came out in late 1999 many who purchased the game moaned about it being difficult.. They didn't compliment the brilliantly executed (for its day) tyres physics and the realism of front end "tucks" on cold or worn tyres. No. they moaned about it being too difficult.. They didn't compliment the "highsides" if you squeezed the throttle too much on worn or wearing tyres in the heat of the moment either..

Hey guess what? A real life racing motorcycle when ridden on the "limit" is a challenge to master also..

Bottom line simply put is do gamers out that want a bit of easy fun after the pub with their mates or do they want a challenge that is difficult to master?

The answer from what I can make out is that they just want a bit of fun.. And a bit of fun makes money for lazy developers like Milestone who cannot even be bothered to properly and professionally fine-tune their products..

What appealed to me about TT IOM (rear end handling quirks and front end braking/handling quirks apart..) was that it was and is one heck of a challenge.. Which is what I want from a racing game. A challenge for me is "fun". Easy is boring, boring, boring..

Otherwise (for me at least) what is the bloody point? ;)

Then we had motogp 18 on Unreal Engine 4.. Out of the box it was refreshingly challenging and "difficult" in its handling. At least for a version of Milestone's "vanilla" Pro Physics. But it understeered on corner exit on the throttle like a pig.. (no disrespect to our four legged friends intended). Also the graphical performance was appallingly unoptimised..at least on the consoles..

So what did Milestone do? They patched it and dumbed down the physics, although now it doesn't understeer anywhere near as badly.. We still have some very dodgy kerbs out there though.

This seems par for the course for Milestone. Oh and the online doesn't work. Not reliably and properly.

I cannot help but wonder if at the end of the day we end up getting the games we deserve..

Simple, unfinished and too easy.

Which is a shame if I am right to any degree in what I'm saying.

Last edited:
Thanks Dyego for the update. I have switched to "cockpit" cam (after years of having to race "chase" view because of my commitment to online league racing and Milestone not allowing us to lock online lobbies to a 1st person view..so everyone had to race "chase" view to be competitive) and I am loving the Real Challenge Physics mod on RIDE 2 and motogp 17 even more..! There's no going back to "chase" view for offline racing now I have got used to it.

RIDE 2 and motogp 17 with your physics and AI mods will remain on my computer hard drive for many years to come..

Thank you again for what you have done for us. :thumbsup:

Ok so i've read all comments and from what i understand is that this mode is unplayable with a keyboard. Is there a way to make it playable? What exactly do you have to change to have a bit more grip on the front? Is it possible to edit keyboard input and reduce the brake sensitivity?

Ok so i've read all comments and from what i understand is that this mode is unplayable with a keyboard. Is there a way to make it playable? What exactly do you have to change to have a bit more grip on the front? Is it possible to edit keyboard input and reduce the brake sensitivity?
Sorry mate! I think it will be impossible to play this mod with a keyboard indeed...

When I developed it I had in mind the use of the brakes like when we use a brake lever in real life. So things like pull the brakes fully and/or suddendly will mostly result in a fall...

A keyboard, as I see, is a binary thing: or you are preessing it or not. So to the game is more or less like you pressing the brakes fully or not pressing it at all...

I don't know what you could change to have a similar behavior without lose the braking difficulty (and this is one of the most important things modded to be more difficult to play against the AI)...

Maybe if try to decrease the Stability values of the bikes... but I really don't know...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back