RDRC S2 - Round 4 - Ulster Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
i must say i wasent looking forward to this event, but i actualy realy enjoyed it. in practice i was just driving to hard and crashing a lot. but in the event i took it a bit slower and had a great fight for 2nd in class with Chris, Bobby & Norman, so in the 2nd 7 stages i pushed a bit harder and managed to pull a small gap but had no chance to catch Yann. so once again no CFG`s and only small mistakes i was able to finish 2nd in class without any stage wins.

Big thanks to Rick for setting things up and well done to all that finished, and i would gladly drive these stages in future events :D

I loved the rally, and would like to see it unchanged for the next season. Might be because this was my first event without any major incidents, or the fact that I in general enjoy tarmac rallies :)

On a sidenote - when will the final session be run tonight? If it is a couple of hours earlier than normal, I might join in with a WRC car just to test my pace against the top :wink: If not, I will simply drive the PCC-race on Nordschleife with RLN instead :)

I loved the rally, and would like to see it unchanged for the next season. Might be because this was my first event without any major incidents, or the fact that I in general enjoy tarmac rallies :)

On a sidenote - when will the final session be run tonight? If it is a couple of hours earlier than normal, I might join in with a WRC car just to test my pace against the top :wink: If not, I will simply drive the PCC-race on Nordschleife with RLN instead :)

EU 4 at 19:00 GMT, US 4 at 03:00 GMT

Aaron was in US3, nobody signed up for US4, so EU4 might be the last one.

EDIT: no stage wins in OC4, I'm afraid :)

Ah, okay. Then I will have to miss out on a second attempt at the stages :tongue: But on a positive note, that would mean that if I am lucky, I will get to see how I've done before I go to bed tonight :D

Full provisional start list:

start_list_rd4.gif

[ Full size image ]

Lukasz,
I am just wondering, if it will be possible for the round 5 to make the classification with the provisionnal standing of the season 2 after the round 4 ? (only if it will not create to much more work for you)

Because, when we start a round, it will be great to see who will run and the classification compared to the other.

Lukasz,
I am just wondering, if it will be possible for the round 5 to make the classification with the provisionnal standing of the season 2 after the round 4 ? (only if it will not create to much more work for you)

Because, when we start a round, it will be great to see who will run and the classification compared to the other.

Told you Lukasz;)

Terrible rally last night, power went out for a couple minutes not even 30 seconds into SS10, so nothing I could do to finish.

SS1: Loaded a different setup I thought would work, turned out was too soft and traction rolled at each of the first 4 corners, retired.
SS2: Good run.
SS3: Good run.
SS4: Went into a gully on the left side and had to CFH, otherwise a good run.
SS5: Made a note of the bad bumps, got through with a good run.
SS6: Went off on a tight right hander, went through the field and grazed a tree, knackered the clutch so basically shifting did nothing, caught a tree 15 seconds later and totalled the gearbox, retired.
SS7: Landed off the jump just after 1st sector split and the car went left into a tree, killed the gearbox, retired.
SS8: This one is weird. Lined up for a bridge, was going squarely at it, then as soon as I touched the bridge it acted like I hit a pillar and threw the car into the creek, CFH only to find the steering and gearbox completely FUBAR'd, retired.
SS9: Good run, slight spin on a hairpin but not bad.
SS10: As mentioned above, not even 30 seconds into the stage had power go out, end of rally.

Other weird thing, sitting on the start line it said "retired of (stage name)", and in RSRBR even though I'd finish it said I retired on every stage even though it was counting my finish time, pretty messed up. Was going to save the times and post them up, but the power outage had other ideas.

Overall I really don't like tarmac, not sure at this point if I want to run any more all-tarmac rallies. Looking forward to the next gravel run, might actually finish one of these next time.

Did we at least come CLOSE? lol.

:wink::wink:

Thanks to Rick, Warren and Damien for keeping the pressure on tonight, had some scary moments here and there but overall happy with my performance, Rick did not give an inch on the stages were he clearly had a clean run, with Warren and Damien right there in the fight too. Sorry to hear Warren you had some issues early on, a repeat of our last club rally battle would have been great!

The first few stages were not as good as i had hoped, the first run of Tanner and Chirdonhead giving me the most trouble. Can't complain though no CFH or DNF's so very happy with were i ended up in the OC session at least, lot of fun watching the splits.:)

SS1: Kept it clean, no risk taking, trying to settle in and get a feel for the car and track again, tried not to push to hard. Rick was making me work for my stage times.

SS5: Chirdonhead, there are a couple of nasty bumps to avoid in this one, and getting airborne will punish you if you are not setup for the landing, good fun! lost 10secs though, pushed to hard going into a easy left uphill and spun-out, lucky no damage.

SS7: Falstone, lost time on this one too, another spin and trying to drive out of a ditch, made it bk in one piece. 4th fastest i think.

The rest of the stages were kind of clean, a mix of luck and cautious driving kept me away from the red ink, felt a lot more relaxed after SS8 so started to push a bit more.

However as i was not attacking at my max for the first 6 or 7 stages and loosing a bit of time i don't think it will be enough to match Seb & Jakub etc if they were pushing from the start, i think i could be 30sec + of the pace??, looking forward to the results.

Any points in this round(if any?) will make up for my last 2 rallies:wink:, Thanks to the organiser's, had a great time mixing it up the guy's in the OC, next one should be good & good luck to everyone in the final standings.

Other weird thing, sitting on the start line it said "retired of (stage name)", and in RSRBR even though I'd finish it said I retired on every stage even though it was counting my finish time, pretty messed up. Was going to save the times and post them up, but the power outage had other ideas.

That's normal, if you retire from one stage, you're listed as retired for all stages till the next service park.

it certainly builds up tension to read about all of those CFHs, however I suspect that most players who do not bother to write up a report are the more solid type who and up doing little to no red stages. waiting for tomorrow night and results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes