RDRC S2 - Round 4 - Ulster Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa! I thought I was fast here, but Norbert outran me by a full minute! And in what a dominant way. That is just awesome!

Yann and I was also really close the whole way, this might be the start of a battle for second in the championship this seeason :)

Congratulations to all who finished any stage, this was a task as good as any this time around :)

The lon sought-after (at least by some drivers :)) team results after R4 are here. They're done manually ATM, so they might not be done for the previous round (at least not anytime ultra-soon).

Here are the full results:

[clik the image to see it in full size]​

To answer some question that might come to mind here is an extract from the rules:
RDRC S2 Rules said:
[...] To score points in the Teams championship both drivers must compete in 6 out of the 8 rallies in the season. If either driver misses 3 rounds or more the team will forfeit all points. [...]
Unfortunatelly 4 teams haven't made the cut already. Team Press on Regardless was formed after Round 3, so we've decided to include it, but since they can compete in maximum of 5 rounds only 1 absence/teammate is allowed in their case (and although it's not prohibited by the rules, we'd like to ask not to form teams mid-season, as it is a clerical burden).

I didn't remember this rules, it was a interesting challenge for me and my team mate to try to come back to the leading team. Now we have to think differently.

(is there a possibility that we can change this rule, to have more team in this championship and so more challenge ?)

I didn't remember this rules, it was a interesting challenge for me and my team mate to try to come back to the leading team. Now we have to think differently.

(is there a possibility that we can change this rule, to have more team in this championship and so more challenge ?)

12 teams is not enough? If someone is forming a team midyear they won't challenge you anyway so what would be the point? How would you change the rule?

The thing is that prior to the exclusion Norbert Leitner's team was in front. Despite him being the only active driver in it :). Other teams ranked lower down the order, that's a fact. (I'm not supporting either side of the argument, just stating the facts)

12 teams is not enough? If someone is forming a team midyear they won't challenge you anyway so what would be the point? How would you change the rule?

Yes, you're right, 12 teams is a good number. I was not clear with my previous message.

The thing is that prior to the exclusion Norbert Leitner's team was in front. Despite him being the only active driver in it :). Other teams ranked lower down the order, that's a fact. (I'm not supporting either side of the argument, just stating the facts)

Yes, for my point of view, the exclusion of Norbert's team, modify the challenge for my team. But I am agree with Rick, the rules are the rules, maybe we are not going to modify it this year, but for the season 3, maybe we can allow it.

(BTW I am also talking about this to tell to Norbert that I didn't ask for the exclusion of his team, I love to much the competition to be happy with this exclusion)

The rules were writen that way to try and get people to keep coming and if they choose to withdraw or not compete at all they damage not only their championship but the efforts of their team mate.

I wanted this to encourage drivers to keep coming even if their personal championship hopes are gone or not join a team if they are not going to be able to compete in enough events. I can understand if Norbert is upset with this system (I have not heard from him so I do not know either way), however I think the system is not at fault, where is Molnar Daniel?

I would suggest that all drivers stay in contact with their team mate during the season, and if they are no longer competing you need to inform us and find another team mate FAST. The rules do not stop changes to team mates and you can change car ONCE during the season to comply with the "same car" rule.

Norbert, currently there are 2 other drivers running N14 URT's and they are not part of a team. May I suggest getting in contact with them:wink: We would not be able to combine the scores from previous events however as Molnar is MIA you would be able to continue scoring points in the teams championship as both drivers would have driven in more than 6 events this year and Roush Fenway would again be able to win the Teams Championship.

Great job Lukasz, very nice and complete team result.
I'm totally agree with my teammate, I was surprised to see this result but rules are rules and I can just be agree with this one.
I'm pretty sure we can still have some great battles (like in all round for me) in the next rounds of this great championship.

12 teams is not enough?

4 teams of the bottom 5 are in a critical situation and will be out if one of their drivers miss 1-2 round(s). So we could very well get down to 8 by the end of the season.

I think it is a bit harsh to exclude people from the teams' championship when one of the teams' member miss a few rallys. Having one scoring driver instead of two is punishing enough, in my mind. And it isn't even proven whether that rule give better turn-up rates or not. I'm not part of any team at the moment, but I would agree for scrapping this rule for season 3. Now I'm aware this would represent a longer table so more work for the admins.

Team Press on Regardless was formed after Round 3, so we've decided to include it, but since they can compete in maximum of 5 rounds only 1 absence/teammate is allowed in their case (and although it's not prohibited by the rules, we'd like to ask not to form teams mid-season, as it is a clerical burden).

Thank you for including us, I didn't consider the participation rule or the extra work created by forming mid season.

Sebastien, I know that this particular situation is a bit of a downer for you, as excluding Norbert's team is stripping you of a strong rival right now. I think though that the rule limiting the absences is a good one. We have very liberal attendance rules, but the team ranking is done by hand and I think it's good that it requires a little bit of extra effort (and only from the non-regulars). Besides as it's done manually tracking it down and sorting would be a bit of a PITA (it's doable and not challenging, but if I have to do the tedious tasks the ones that are included in this table should show that they care :)).

Team Championship will be revised for S3, but I strongly oppose changing this rule in any way for S2.

And Aaron - no problem with you, mate. That's just for anyone thinking about forming a team now; almost no point (from a competitive standpoint) doing it as well.

Yes, like I have said already, I am sad to see this DQ because of the challenge for my team. But the rules were written before the beginning of the season so it is normal that admin apply this rule. I was just supprised because I didn't remember this rule.

I understand that we can't modify this rule for season 2, but maybe we can think about a modification of the rule for season 3, like you said.

BTW, thanks very much to all the admin for your great work !!!!:good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back