RDRC S2 - Round 4 - Ulster Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys,

Was on SS2 and my computer just dropped me and just went back to windows half way thru stage! something weird was up from start as i was in a 05 wrc and not a 07? have retired in anger now, can i restart tomorrow please?

lol I had to retire the whole rally today. I had absolutely no control of the car. Even when going dead straight the car would shoot up in the sky and roll for ever! I guess I should have driven the stages before but I had no time. Best of luck to the rest of you:good:

First rally with the big-guns!

SS1: I tend to like night stages because is makes us listen to the co-driver more than driving by heart. But every now and then the night stages gets way too laggy, and then I loose FFB and everything. This happended today - not the best experience.

SS2: Well... Not a rally for a default-setup guy this. Rolled on the third corner - and after that the tires was in a position that was more or less similar to a woman giving birth... not very... nice. Then had do to a CFH later on, but didn't find the pause button... Rally lost here.

SS3: The tires is still trying to give birth to the car... but it felt somewhat more steady on this stage.

SS4: Hopefully the last stage with this... The car was even worse. Whenever I applied the brakes the wheel went 90 degrees to the right, and when I applied the throttle the car went to left... a nightmare made worse be not being able to get the handbrake off 3-4 times. Lost a minute -.-

SS5: Oh well, I think I loose out massively by not pracitcing before the rally. Don't know how the car do react on bumps, and with many bumps not being mentioned by the co-driver it get's hairy!

SS6: That was it. Looking forward to the next rally. Hope to get some practice time before that.

Another rally gone, not so good for me. Had a blast with all 14 stages run in a row, haven't got the time to practice, all settings default, maybe that's why on every SS I had at least one mistake (off the course), always over the jumps I lost control of the car, one photo hit and one tree hit with the car runing 30sec with 15 km/h after.
One or two points is what I hope to get!
Thanks everybody who participate and special thanks to the creators of another wonderfull Monday night :)!
See you next Club event!

Congrats for Sebastien, who made massive progress on tarmac surface! You are now complete driver, same fast on tarmac and gravel made you perfect driver.

Rally bad for me, problems started when I hit a potographers (who was standing in wrong place - on exit of corner) and I tried to do everything to cach Seb, but he was faster than me and didn't made any mistake.

Thanks for all competitors and RDRC crwe who prepared such a nice rally

Yes very happy with this night. The fight was very intense with you Jakub. I though that the battle will be wonderfull and it was.
You win SS1, SS3, SS5, SS7, SS8 and SS14 and I answer by the win of the SS2, SS4, SS6, SS9, SS10, SS11, SS12 and SS13. All the stages are shared be us and till the SS10 (except SS2), the fight was so wonderfull.

I was happy to see that I really improved my skill on Tarmac, I made no mistake during the whole session. Sometimes I drive slower than usually to avoid the crash but it was definitively a very good run for me.
But to have a good fight, I need a good opponent, and you keep the pression to oblige me to stay focus and fast.

Thanks to everybody, Many thanks to you Jakub for this great night, Nice fight for the top 5 between Tor, Simone, Ludovic, Jakub and me.

Waiting for the results, see you later.

a great great rally but I threw it away (kind of) on the very last stage :(

s01 stuck a little in one of the hairpins but an ok run 5secs from PB, 15th of 21 on grid
s02 one off in one of the first turns, nerves again, lost 30 secs crawling back to tarmac but car ok, overall 30 secs off PB, 16th, overall 16th
s03 nice clean run, really like the Japanese stage in tarmac mod, bested PB by 1.2 secs, 13th, overall 16th
s04 another good run apart from one 180 degree turn because I put the rear wheel on the sand in the breakzone, 7 secs off PB, 14th of 19 still in contention, overall 15th

car totally intact at first service, proud of that :)

s05 the mother of all stages in this rally, one off in the treestump field gave me hissing water and steam for the rest of the stage, and this was only the first of three ..., 13 secs away from PB, 15th, overall 14th
s06 what to do if your motor sounds as if its dying on you any second: run for it, did a new PB on this one, lol! 5secs faster, 13th of 18 overall 12th
s07 another jog with steam and hissing sounds, missed PB by 6secs but brought the Punto back still hissing but very much alive, phew. 13th of 16 still running, 12th overall

overnight service had some work to do ...

s08 nice clean run, PB missed by 2secs, 10th, overall 12th
s09 another good Japanese run with another spin due to putting the wheel on the sand, missed PB by 5secs, 13th, overall 12th
s10 good run, one little off as I pushed for the first time tonight after setting a great second split, missed PB by 4secs, 13th, overall still 12th

service gets nothing to do

s11 second run of THAT stage, ever so carefully I survived, 12 secs down from PB, 12th of 14 still rising to the challenge, 11th overall
s12 what a run, the emotional climax of this rally, chopped an astounding 11secs off my PB from s06! 09th, 10th overall
s13 another good clean run just 3secs away from PB, 10th, 10th overall
s14 DISASTER: coming out of t2(!!!) in a nice slide I hit sth. rear left and was whirled around and thrown into the barriers, front wheels completely off after all of 50m :( how could I ever have let this happen? cannot believe it. lost 25 secs overall, 12th of 13 still running, dropped a place to 11th overall and probably mucked up my chances of another points finish, oh sh......

what a superb event again, pity so many guys dropped out, this was one rally that cannot be survived without some training because the co-driver has no idea you're on tarmac. Thx admins for another perfectly organized and planned night :)

I couldn't join the rally tonight, sry guys. Are there any session left ( apart of OC-time no good ) being setup? From what i can see no EU4 and no US but i,m maybe ( hopefully ) mistaken. If not, don't worry, i won't be pesky. Don't have to run it. Cheers.

I couldn't join the rally tonight, sry guys. Are there any session left ( apart of OC-time no good ) being setup? From what i can see no EU4 and no US but i,m maybe ( hopefully ) mistaken. If not, don't worry, i won't be pesky. Don't have to run it. Cheers.

If you sign up for it, it will be created :)

EU tomorrow night ok? If not, there a US session tonight (in 5 hours), and the next day.

Shii... Make the EU session, for me at least. Being a klutz I haven't put my signup in and it seem I might run tomorrow evenening, won't be concious for the OC one (in my usual morning state a DNS would be a better solution ;)).

@Mark - unfortunatelly the rules don't allow re-runs. Rick has the pover to override rules, but this isn't his style to break this rule, I'm afraid. You will have to consider your crash a mechanical failure.

I was hoping you wouldn't notice :p. That's the only problem with tomorrow, if there was a way to drive both at the same time (the huge grid looks awesome)...

Don't tempt me, or I'll just join the OC, it's an hour later than usual after all :]

Quite a challenging one this I have to say and it kept me on my toes all the way through. That said I had a largely clean rally and kept an ok pace despite my very unscientific first attempts at setup change.

The first half of the rally went well with my customary spin on Shepard's Shield the only time I had notable incident. Generally I was feeling quite comfortable with the car and the stages at that point though. The second run through the stages proved a little tougher and some mistakes started to creep in, dropping me further away from the leaders in class. Clipped the corner of a bridge on Stage 7 and despite not suffering any major damage, I had to contend with bent steering for the best part of 3 stages which made things a little tougher. In the session I ended up a couple of minutes off the class leaders, but comfortably ahead of Robb. Hopefully that'll be enough for a few points.

hey guys,

Was on SS2 and my computer just dropped me and just went back to windows half way thru stage! something weird was up from start as i was in a 05 wrc and not a 07? have retired in anger now, can i restart tomorrow please?

Sorry Mark, As Lukasz said we can't allow re-starts. I have had to say this to someone in each round so far. You are welcome to join in for the experience and to see how you could do but your results from your first session have to count. I have had my system drop to desktop in the past, I just CLIPPED a different button and it did this. some drivers have also had system updates and such that spits you out of the game.

As i said, i have been asked for restrats each round so far, please remember that if you were driving in a circut race (GTL or something) and your computer has problems you can't re-start either. In RBR just because you are not on a track with others it is still a serious contest.

The rule was writen to stop cheating. While I am sure you didn't cheat Mark, if we allow ANY re-runs that are not from server problems then we open it up for people to cheat next time and we will all loose the enjoyment. You will have to see this as a mechanical retirement which happens in motorsport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 155 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%