RDHCS - Merged Previous Season Admin Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Available on the same link here

I have taken this link on top of this page so I dont no

That link covers the skin pack which includes car #22.
However, you need to install the main Mod for the BMW to get all of the cars.
The link to the main mod for the BMW is in the League Info Post.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/rdhcs-season-9-intro-info.51103/

Also, make sure to get ALL of Car Mods listed there, or you will not be able to join the Server.

And now I wonder, why nobody chose Skyline in S6?
Many 911's, a little bit of 914's/BMW's/Ford's/Panteras and one Corvette. And not a single Nissan.
As for me - I was in my begining of online simracing career :) and took P914 as one of default cars without in-game versions. To have some reference points of times.
Skyline now and then - the same car. BMW was a little bit weaker than now as I understood, but BMW's took several guys in S6. Probably the majority of people were under the hypnotic influence of P911. :roflmao:

Also - there are quite a few "regulars" missing from the sign ups so far.

I know we probably won't get up to the old 30 driver heights of a few seasons ago, but we normally have >13 sign ups by this time.

Is that down to the difficulty of car choice (I hope) or more depressingly, a lack of interest?
It's definitely no lack of interest in my case! Just lack of spare time and too much stuff to take care of. Will definitely signup though after tonight's event!

How weird that the best looking car of the whole bunch (IMO that is) wasn't getting any love from anyone yet! So after finally biting the bullet on picking the Pantera for this season, I really wanted to quickly come up with a skin, as the default white one doesn't do anything for her looks..:( and the season will be starting SOON.
So after 4 consecutive very long nights :sleep: of learning very much very quickly about GIMP, PSD, DDS and Alpha channels, and harvesting Skinning manuals, company logos and color combos, here's what I came up with: My first ever GTL skin !!!:)

For timesaving's sake I did take some shortcuts: The design is based on a skin for the GTS I found online and the wheel/tyre combo is borrowed...:whistling:. I know to some it may seem a little loud and not really time-correct, and there will probably be some flaws in it, but so far I am quite happy with the result. Oh and of course I couldn't turn down the offer from that Japanese Synthesizer manufacturer with that really nice name:roflmao::laugh:

pantera71.jpg

Files sent to mr. T for checking; hopefully I've got it all right and he'll be kind enough to make an updated skinpack...

Many thanks to Gauche72 for a superb Pantera GTS skin, to Saul Boucher for an excellent RACE07 skinning tutorial and to Nissan-Man at Simjunkies for his GTL skinning guide, as I would never have found out all this by myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back