RDHCS - Merged Previous Season Admin Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Krzysztof Babij Ole Marius Myrvold

You are both fine to participate in the Watkins Glen Race, but to keep things in line as they have been all season, and to allow people who have competed all season long to settle quite a few individual season-long battles that have come down to this race, you won't score any points. It's double points for the finale, so I don't want to decide any of those battles through new people suddenly arriving.

If that is OK, you are both fine to drive on Saturday.

Be warned though - bad driving that ends up costing an another driver a finish in this Race will probably exclude you from next season.

Not sure I understand Peter. All the cars will be staying as they have been all season. The file Roland was referring to just changes the size of the Alfas fuel tank

Well, quite - I honestly don't see why suddenly this is a problem, all we're doing is carrying on as we have for every other race this season.

On a different tack, I've started clearing up the S9 threads that are no longer in use (Livery Discussion, Sign Up, Intro & Info), leaving this Chat one and the Attendance Reporting one live. I'll leave them open until after Saturday, and then merge them both into the Merged thread too. I'll leave the individual race threads separate, but will be removing the Round standings and Race Results from each race thread. I've been saving them on my own webspace to date, but I'll need space for Season 10. I'll leave them on the Watkins thread (including the final standings) for a week or so. After that time, I'll be collecting all race results & final standings and zipping them into an archive which I'll save in the RD downloads in the GTL - Misc area, and Updating the hall of fame.

Krzysztof Babij Ole Marius Myrvold

You are both fine to participate in the Watkins Glen Race, but to keep things in line as they have been all season, and to allow people who have competed all season long to settle quite a few individual season-long battles that have come down to this race, you won't score any points. It's double points for the finale, so I don't want to decide any of those battles through new people suddenly arriving.

If that is OK, you are both fine to drive on Saturday.

Be warned though - bad driving that ends up costing an another driver a finish in this Race will probably exclude you from next season.

Basically stay behind and watch the ones in front fight, pick up positions if they run off. Then let them by again, to be able to fight with the others in the champ?

No, just drive as normal, you just won't score any points in the results. No need to let anyone back past you again.

Just use a bit of sense if you go for a pass so as not to take anyone else off.

So you could come 3rd on track no problem, and you would show in the results as 3rd, but when I do the points for the race, i'd take you out and whoever came 4th gets the points for 3rd, 5th gets 4th and so on.

I think what Peter is talking about is the amount of adjustability some cars have versus others. Like how Roland doesn't have adjustable dampers or how some of the cars have much less gearing options than others.

Peter, we all got to try the cars before the season started and we all knew of the limitations in adjustability some of the cars have. We made our choices being fully aware of them.

We aren't the creators of these mods and we don't have permission to modify or restrict their setup abilities. It would be nice if we could make them all have nearly identical power to weight ratios, gear ratios, damper options, tire options (Nissan lol), and so on. But then the grid would lose one of it's greatest attributes, which is the differences between these cars.

No, just drive as normal, you just won't score any points in the results. No need to let anyone back past you again.

Just use a bit of sense if you go for a pass so as not to take anyone else off.

So you could come 3rd on track no problem, and you would show in the results as 3rd, but when I do the points for the race, i'd take you out and whoever came 4th gets the points for 3rd, 5th gets 4th and so on.

Ah, okai! I understood it that way that I wasn't allowed to fight this race :) Glad I asked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 378 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%