RD Rally Championship Season 8 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
how about the photographer?? :p

I am more amazed that the two marshals felt so secure behind that quite small "fencing".
18192544_1542894865781444_5158952676511215715_o.jpg

But for the future, maybe sponsor-decals under the car as well? :whistling:

I just hope that Racenet will work better in Dirt 4 - checking the live leaderboards on the DR-website is driving me mad...some people disappeared after stage 6 yesterday without having a DNF :cautious: and lots of other issues, too :O_o:

I just hope that Racenet will work better in Dirt 4 - checking the live leaderboards on the DR-website is driving me mad...some people disappeared after stage 6 yesterday without having a DNF :cautious: and lots of other issues, too :O_o:
Yea I just noticed NickJackPT disappeared after stage one then appeared again stage 5 with about an hour and nine minutes run?! Hopefully it's not racenet screwing him over - I'm assuming he could have been badly damaged on stage 2 and maxed out the stage time limits?

Last edited:
As the final RDRC Season 8 event is in it's waning hours do you find yourself with clammy palms and unexplained panic attacks? It's the symptoms of Dirt Rally withdrawal. This non sanctioned marathon romp may be your last chance to be truly frustrated by Dirt Rally before Dirt 4 comes to town. Join the Last Dance league, a final waltz with the Killer "B"s. 24 stages, with 6 service area/checkpoints, all over the world, abysmal weather, and cars that want to kill you. A fitting sendoff to Dirt Rally. https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/83589/the-last-dance

As the final RDRC Season 8 event is in it's waning hours do you find yourself with clammy palms and unexplained panic attacks? It's the symptoms of Dirt Rally withdrawal. This non sanctioned marathon romp may be your last chance to be truly frustrated by Dirt Rally before Dirt 4 comes to town. Join the Last Dance league, a final waltz with the Killer "B"s. 24 stages, with 6 service area/checkpoints, all over the world, abysmal weather, and cars that want to kill you. A fitting sendoff to Dirt Rally. https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/83589/the-last-dance
Nice one Steve! I used it as a proper sendoff to this RDRC-event because I feel I've got to work hard for it. I am still learning the tricks of the Group B 4WD-car and hope that such experience can be of help in the future in Dirt 4-ever!

Results for Rally Wales will be delayed!
As we know, Codemasters did both fix and screw around with RaceNet lately, and we've also seen drivers disappearing, and reappearing and all sorts of things. This have also caused one driver to completely disappear from the RaceNet system after a stage, and that is causing our results parser to become more confused than a goat on astroturf or a homeless man with house arrest... So this have caused our RDRC-Crew coding guy to try to fix the issue, and this also causes us to have to look through the results before posting it, if we are able to get everything to work as it should.
Best case scenario is that the provisional results will be posted in 12-20 hours (timezone differences, sleepy-time and so on). But it can take several days to get it all fixed.

If we won't be able to get the results out like we want (every stage and so on) we still have the total times from all three leagues, due to making another session in the league, to save the actual rally result for longer. So no matter what, we will have a result from the rally. We are just working hard to get the results out the way we want, and the way you have all become used to over the season.

- Ole M

From the Directors Note Thread regarding Rally Finland.

Round 4 - Finland, Team Points changes.
18/5-17 23:17 GMT+2

While compiling the results and points from Rally Wales, we noticed a bug in the software we use for sorting out points positions, team scoring etc. As a DNF automatically meant no points for the drivers, we didn't think much of it in Finland, as it wasn't as easy to spot, but in Wales, with 2WD+ having so few finishers, we realized that while the drivers got zero points. The teams however, did get points for the positions listed, even though it said DNF and the driver got zero.
After we looked through the results from Finland, there is only one team affected by this, and that is Team Kiaby, who originally had 66 points from Finland, but as the team only had one driver that finished, and that driver scored 58 points, they shouldn't have more than 58 either.
This have been fixed for the final results, and Team Kiaby now have 58 points for Finland, instead of the original 66.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play