RD Rally Championship Season 8 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
AruHE0x.png

Welcome to the eight season of RD Rally Championship. For the first time in it's history we take the step away from Richard Burns Rally. And the whole RDRC-Staff hope that we have managed to create a championship that caters to all the different drivers needs and wishes.

This is the place to have a social, fun talk about the championship. However, serious talk is also allowed, we love to get feedback, no matter if it is critique or praise.

- Ole Marius Myrvold
RDRC Co-Ordinator & Event Director

Cool stuff you guys have put in the effort again to do a Championship, @Ole Marius Myrvold !
The magazine is superb work and really gets the juices flowing! It's pretty informative for a Rally newbie like myself as well, but I would appreciate a few car highlight articles in future magazine issues, where you guys put the spotlight on a specific car; what makes it tick, what are its strenght and weaknesses.
Also, perhaps a Rally driving techniques section? :)

Looking forward to the whole experience of the Championship.

Cool stuff you guys have put in the effort again to do a Championship, @Ole Marius Myrvold !
The magazine is superb work and really gets the juices flowing! It's pretty informative for a Rally newbie like myself as well, but I would appreciate a few car highlight articles in future magazine issues, where you guys put the spotlight on a specific car; what makes it tick, what are its strenght and weaknesses.
Also, perhaps a Rally driving techniques section? :)

Looking forward to the whole experience of the Championship.

Thanks for the kind words! :)
Specific cars can be done, hopefully with the aid from some awesome user-skins and screenshots, if not it is quite easy that us the RDRC-Staff end up doing the same cars we do in the championship, and with the same liveries time and again. That would be a bit boring. Unless it is the official RD-Polo :)
We thought about doing that for all the cars in the pre-season magazing, but decided against it. It would fill up way to much space, with many of the same words. However single cars for stand alone magazines would work. I'll put it on the list of "can do" :)
Techniques would potentially be covered in relation to the different rallies if some special skill or technique are of a big benefit (snowbanks in Sweden). You will most likely see some rally technique bits around in the magazines :)

@Ole Marius Myrvold ATM after my spreadsheet there are 24 in 4WD+, 17 in 4WD-, 6 in 2WD+ and 5 in 2WD-, at what point a class will become redundant? as with my limited testing time don't want to test for wrong class:))
other stats, 4WD+ is filled with Fiesta and Polo's, and 4WD- Subaru VS Mitsubishi :))

It is not decided on a particular date yet :) If you are unsure about what to drive, and you would like a 2WD car but are afraid that it would be removed, then my only suggestion atm would be to test one 2WD and one 4WD.

And the most awesome Metro 6R4 ever!

What? Is the Will Gollop, MG Metro 6r4 Bi-Turbo included? :O

i was hoping there would be more 2wd cars

I know that there are a couple of drivers that have not signed up yet, that are very interested in driver 2wd cars. Hope is not over yet. It is still a bit over 6 weeks until the first rally :)

Surely if there isn't enough for separate 2WD+ and 2WD- classes, then why not combine them to make just a 2WD class?

why not combine the 4wd classes too, so anyone that wants a - car has nothing to race for in both classes. [sarcasm]

theres now 7 or 8 ish for both 2wd classes. and frankly i'd rather race a small class in the car i want, than in a bigger combined class that would force me to pick a different car to be competitive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back