RD Rally Championship Season 8 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offseason again in Dirt? Season 8.5?

Working on the very last magazine (and some updated stats). And to be honest after that is done I am looking forward to a proper simracing/rallying holiday :)

Also, hopefully leagues will be added fairly swiftly so we can start having some club events again. I think that is smarter then an half-arsed semi-league :)

• Deleted member 217114

If D4 become terrible I will sell my rig and take another hobby. :O :confused:

edit: Maybe I will become an beekeeper or so. My neighbours already has lots of pigeons, so I want bee's :inlove:

Last edited by a moderator:
As a little sneak peak of what's to come, I must say Dirt 4 is quite the step from DR.

The key things that they improved.

• The cars feels like they have alot more weight to them
  • Braking is much trickier. Longer braking distance and it's pretty easy to "fold" the car when hard on the brakes.
  • FFB is a massive improvement in my opinion. I've always been very skeptical about DR FFB.
  • Tarmac is indeed much tighter. Don't expect Assetto Corsa, but it's much better than in DR.
  • Ligting is gorgeous :p

As a little sneak peak of what's to come, I must say Dirt 4 is quite the step from DR.

The key things that they improved.

• The cars feels like they have alot more weight to them
  • Braking is much trickier. Longer braking distance and it's pretty easy to "fold" the car when hard on the brakes.
  • FFB is a massive improvement in my opinion. I've always been very skeptical about DR FFB.
  • Tarmac is indeed much tighter. Don't expect Assetto Corsa, but it's much better than in DR.
  • Ligting is gorgeous :p
Sounds good! Are you a beta-tester?
What do you mean btw, by "fold" when braking, and "tight" with respect to tarmac?

Sounds good! Are you a beta-tester?
What do you mean btw, by "fold" when braking, and "tight" with respect to tarmac?

If you're not careful you will lose the car, almost like a folding knife, if you get what I mean? It can also be used to your advantage though ofc :)

With tight I mean that you feel more connected to the road.

It is very different from DR though. Trying to throw the car around as aggressive as I did in DR often leads to the mass of the car pushing me off the road. I feel like I have to be more careful.

There will be opinions about grip, and some cars might need some tweaking.

It'll be very interesting what everybody thinks when it's out :)

The M3 on tarmac is now pure awesomeness!
Hmm, maybe I'm being unfair but the turn-in response of the car looks really... arcadey. :-/ You know what I mean? Impossibly quick?
I'll reserve judgment I guess for now; maybe it feels realistic when you're actually behind the wheel.

Hmm, maybe I'm being unfair but the turn-in response of the car looks really... arcadey. :-/ You know what I mean? Impossibly quick?
I'll reserve judgment I guess for now; maybe it feels realistic when you're actually behind the wheel.

It's very hard to judge when not driving yourself. I wasn't trying to be particularly smooth :)

I glanced at the Dirt4 Steam page the other day and it was full of bad reviews. Have you had a chance to try it yet yourself?

Nope, as I am without a job - I cannot justify buying a game at the moment. We in RD were in contact with Codemasters regarding an interview months ago, and again closer to released and I tried (a bit selfish) to get a review copy as well, but we at RD are currently being ignored by Codies by the looks of it, as no-one got any replies.

However @Jack Hintz from the RDRC-Crew do have the game :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back