RD Formula Pro Series S3 (GTR Evolution)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All,

I know we have discussed that in the past, but since the cat is out of the bag I would like to hear more feedback. The format will be a little more official than discussed originally (we will be using all the GPCOS rules and scoring) and it won't start for another couple of months (until we finalize everything). The league will be opened to everyone, but priority will be given first to North American members then PanAmerican drivers finally everyone else. I am not sure which cars to use yet. I would prefer not to drive WTCC nor GT cars. There are a lot of WTCC events and a GT league will just end in Feb. Let's be a little more original. I would love to use cars that are not raced very often (F3000, Caterham, Radicals, WTCC 87, WTCC eXtreme, etc).

I want to hear from anyone who is interested in participating:
Driver name:
Race type: sprint/endurance
Car preferences (can list several):
Best day/time #1:
Alternative day/time #2:
Alternative day/time #3:
Should we somehow use weight penalties?:
Favorite track:
Remarks/comments:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drivers:

1. Eric Kaczmarek
  2. Yves Larose
  3. Timothy Miller
  4. Corey Theman
  5. Mitch Philipi
  6. Niklas Vesterinen
  7. Luis Carlos
  8. Sean Vohs
  9. Ian Landry
  10. Jan Wikström
  11. Keith Barrick
  12. Gaynall Hudgins
  13. Dave Stephenson
  14. Jean-Michel Rucheton
  15. Rhys Gardiner
  16. Marty Pierce
  17. Marcel vd Aa
  18. Leandro Lage
  19. Edenilson Penco
  20. Bob Luneski
  21. Bill Kaiser
  22. Péter Bártfai
  23. Chris Vick
  24. Rafael Barbosa
  25. Matt Alpeter
  26. Aritan Maia
  27. Nico Major
  28. Pascal Malenfant Tremblay
Cars:
  • F3000: 14x
  • WTCC 87: 9x
  • SR3/4: 11x
  • Caterhams: 12x
  • WTCC Extreme: 4x
  • WTCC/STCC: 7x
  • Camero: 3x
  • Mini: 2x
  • Production class: 2x (Audi R8)
  • FBMW: 3x
  • GTs: 7x
Tracks:
  • Barcelona GP
  • SPA 2003
  • Mid Ohio Chicane
  • Miller
  • Ledenon
  • Suzuka
  • Brno
  • Interlagos
  • Brandshatch
  • Nurburgring GP
  • Rouen
  • Mosport
  • Kaylami
  • Road One
  • Estoril
  • Valencia Street
  • Donnington
  • Cadwell Park
  • Sepang
  • Imola
  • Monte-Carlo
  • Ledenon
  • Zander
  • Valencia
  • Curitiba
  • Limerock Mountain
  • Hungaroring
Weight penalties:
  • 14x yes
  • 4x no (moved a no to a yes after some testing and chatting with Niklas)
  • maybe? 3x
  • 2x dont care

This is BAD LUCK!!! the Montreal Qualify is during the race... (NO!!!!!!) dammet I haven't missed a single live qualify and race and now I will miss my first qualify... my goal to not miss a single Formula 1 Race and Qualify is not over...

Well well, *aimes my car on Eric's* :wink:

I forgot about Qually, looks like my sky+ will be busy Saturday night:D also Tyler will be racing so can someone remove the provisional now thanks.

hello,

how long takes it to save? (show in presto list) if i do a lap in presto server for doing the 107%.
i am totaly full this week with races and test, so i think i can try to beat the 1.30.999 only on saturday.
is it to late if i do my presto server time on saturday after midday?
i did quick test and i did 1.32.xxx (again scandal slow i am), will be close to do the 107% for me.
if i beat the time and i can race, i hope i will make no problems if fast driver do lapping me.

if i do drive next season any races, i hope steve do put me in the slower league ;-).

servus

The Presto server should record your time a few minutes after you set it on the day so i think you will be ok!

Hi Guys
I read all your comments so please read mine
My brother Anthony Ishak was a member in PrestoGP F300, and in the beginning of this year he asked me to join PrestoGP, he said, we are going to drive F1 cars, I thought wow F1 car it sounds good, so I asked him how much will it cost to join and drive the F1 cars? he said $0. I couldn’t believe it, so it cost me nothing to join a pro team driving F1 cars, having all the fun and racing other driver and everything is organize for me (All admin parts) all I have to do is start my computer and jump onto the server, I don’t have even to change my cloth or fix my hair etc…. And I’m still not happy, yep anything is for free has no value to it. (Why is the grid full in semi pro division but not in pro division) the reason could be:
For a semi pro driver like myself, if I’m not fully prepared for the race, I still come to the race because it does not matter to me if I’m on pole or at the back, I just want to finish the 40 laps and have fun. If I was a pro driver like my brother Anthony, than I have to be ready at least 90% to the race and I have to be among the 5 front cars so if I’m not fully prepared then I will skip the race , I’m not going to embarrass myself . So I think, 2 weeks between the races it’s not enough for the pro drivers to prepare themselves for the race , I know from myself, I’m married and got 3 boys, 5, 3 and 1 year old (a lot of work at home) I have a restaurant with 20 staff ( a lot of pressure and work), so some weeks goes passed and I won’t have much time to practice but some weeks I do, so if you make it 3 weeks between the races and on every second week a practice race and if you turn up to the practice race, you get some bonus points, It’s just an idea. I hope you solve the problem and one day when I’m a pro driver I will join you.

If I was a pro driver like my brother Anthony, than I have to be ready at least 90% to the race and I have to be among the 5 front cars so if I’m not fully prepared then I will skip the race , I’m not going to embarrass myself

I hope you are not meaning what you are saying here that if you are outside top 5 you quit...
and I truly hope it doesn't go for the main part of the drivers, then we have a big problem....

I myself is in the pro division
I have a job with a lot of extra work at home, family, kids, dog, house and other hobbies
I have never been among the top 5 in the pro division
I have never quitted a race due to lack of performance or even being many laps behind due to accident as long as the wheels are on my car.
I have never missed a race on free will (only from internet disconnections)

I don't mind paying a small fee for racing, but with mindset like quitting if you are not high up in the charts, that wouldn't keep racers in the league anyway unless the fee is really high.

Yes, things could happened along the way, but Its mainly all about planning and commitment.
I really don't know how to sort that out prior to the season start other than earning the spot from previous seasons and/or recommending each other into the league.

Hi Guys
Sorry to confuse you about my comment, what I’m trying to say here is very simple, I think 2 weeks it’s not enough for a pro driver to be ready for the race, and if you are not ready for the race you might skip it and its short time to organize a reserve driver. If its 3 weeks between the races, then you got plenty of time to practice and be ready for the race and if you can’t make a race you still have plenty of time to organize a reserve driver.
So if you make it 3 weeks between the races: first week practice, second weeks practice race and maybe anyone from the 3 divisions can participate and if you turn up you earn some bonus point, third week is the race. You should know by the practice race where you stand, so if you can’t make it to the race then you have one week to organize a reserve driver, so the grid will be full.
I think 3 weeks between the races with a practice race will give the drivers more motivations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes