RD Formula Pro Series S3 (GTR Evolution)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All,

I know we have discussed that in the past, but since the cat is out of the bag I would like to hear more feedback. The format will be a little more official than discussed originally (we will be using all the GPCOS rules and scoring) and it won't start for another couple of months (until we finalize everything). The league will be opened to everyone, but priority will be given first to North American members then PanAmerican drivers finally everyone else. I am not sure which cars to use yet. I would prefer not to drive WTCC nor GT cars. There are a lot of WTCC events and a GT league will just end in Feb. Let's be a little more original. I would love to use cars that are not raced very often (F3000, Caterham, Radicals, WTCC 87, WTCC eXtreme, etc).

I want to hear from anyone who is interested in participating:
Driver name:
Race type: sprint/endurance
Car preferences (can list several):
Best day/time #1:
Alternative day/time #2:
Alternative day/time #3:
Should we somehow use weight penalties?:
Favorite track:
Remarks/comments:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drivers:

1. Eric Kaczmarek
  2. Yves Larose
  3. Timothy Miller
  4. Corey Theman
  5. Mitch Philipi
  6. Niklas Vesterinen
  7. Luis Carlos
  8. Sean Vohs
  9. Ian Landry
  10. Jan Wikström
  11. Keith Barrick
  12. Gaynall Hudgins
  13. Dave Stephenson
  14. Jean-Michel Rucheton
  15. Rhys Gardiner
  16. Marty Pierce
  17. Marcel vd Aa
  18. Leandro Lage
  19. Edenilson Penco
  20. Bob Luneski
  21. Bill Kaiser
  22. Péter Bártfai
  23. Chris Vick
  24. Rafael Barbosa
  25. Matt Alpeter
  26. Aritan Maia
  27. Nico Major
  28. Pascal Malenfant Tremblay
Cars:
  • F3000: 14x
  • WTCC 87: 9x
  • SR3/4: 11x
  • Caterhams: 12x
  • WTCC Extreme: 4x
  • WTCC/STCC: 7x
  • Camero: 3x
  • Mini: 2x
  • Production class: 2x (Audi R8)
  • FBMW: 3x
  • GTs: 7x
Tracks:
  • Barcelona GP
  • SPA 2003
  • Mid Ohio Chicane
  • Miller
  • Ledenon
  • Suzuka
  • Brno
  • Interlagos
  • Brandshatch
  • Nurburgring GP
  • Rouen
  • Mosport
  • Kaylami
  • Road One
  • Estoril
  • Valencia Street
  • Donnington
  • Cadwell Park
  • Sepang
  • Imola
  • Monte-Carlo
  • Ledenon
  • Zander
  • Valencia
  • Curitiba
  • Limerock Mountain
  • Hungaroring
Weight penalties:
  • 14x yes
  • 4x no (moved a no to a yes after some testing and chatting with Niklas)
  • maybe? 3x
  • 2x dont care

Hi Guys
Sorry to confuse you about my comment, what I’m trying to say here is very simple, I think 2 weeks it’s not enough for a pro driver to be ready for the race, and if you are not ready for the race you might skip it and its short time to organize a reserve driver. If its 3 weeks between the races, then you got plenty of time to practice and be ready for the race and if you can’t make a race you still have plenty of time to organize a reserve driver.
So if you make it 3 weeks between the races: first week practice, second weeks practice race and maybe anyone from the 3 divisions can participate and if you turn up you earn some bonus point, third week is the race. You should know by the practice race where you stand, so if you can’t make it to the race then you have one week to organize a reserve driver, so the grid will be full.
I think 3 weeks between the races with a practice race will give the drivers more motivations

It is an interestng point Joe. Actually I share that feeling and would not mind having races every 3 weeks instead of 2 to help those of us with busy lives (60 hours a week job, wife, kids, etc.)

Hi guys i was unfortunately involved in a car accident earlier today, someone drove into the back of my car. to make mater worse the driver in question left the scene of the accident without exxchanging details, and that after trying to punch me in the face through my open car window. I tried my best to get myself in gear for the race tonight but the accident has made me feel quite ill so i won't be racing tonight. Really sorry. Gutted as i wanted to finish the season on a high but my head is pounding from all the subsequent involvement with the police etc. Sorry everyone.

Hi guys i was unfortunately involved in a car accident earlier today, someone drove into the back of my car. to make mater worse the driver in question left the scene of the accident without exxchanging details, and that after trying to punch me in the face through my open car window. I tried my best to get myself in gear for the race tonight but the accident has made me feel quite ill so i won't be racing tonight. Really sorry. Gutted as i wanted to finish the season on a high but my head is pounding from all the subsequent involvement with the police etc. Sorry everyone.

Oh crap, thats no good mate, hope you feel better and everything turns out for the better...

I could not race due to the lag my graphic card was casing me so I leaved the race because I was putting all drivers at risk as the posibility for me hitting someone else was VERY big. Well it have been a great season guys, I dont expect to race in the S4 as I will have lots of books to read at school.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........How many times do I have to tell the family that after qual starts the door stays closed until I come out???? Went to race and the wife came down the stairs to tell me she had taken the new sun shade out of the box and would I put it up for her. WTF!!!!! After explaining the gravity of the situation, I turned around and time had expired to join the race. And I had a really good race setup too..........Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

Regardless, special thanks to all the great drivers that make this such a fun league and to Eric for his dedication and hard work in making this all happen.

FPWS S3: Round 9 Nurburgring - Pro Reports

Was forced to get rid of the wires in the house & used a wireless card in my PC for the first time. Was going to hard wire it again just for the race but decided against it because the connections been surprisingly good so far. Not the smartest decision though....wireless went down & disconnected about 10 laps in.

Looking forward to seeing who wins the final battle of the season between Ventis & Peter.

*Edit - Micro Race Report:

Firstly - apologies for not being prepared for this race. Have had end of semester Uni exams on ALL week & have had about 4-6 hours sleep each night & a lot of coffee. Didn't do a single lap of Nurburg GP until Friday - a day before the race. Not only that, but all up Josh & had less than 3 hours of track time to learn the lines as well as setup the car for quali and race. In warmup was still working on gears as well as learning the pit lane entry for the first time.

Q1: Managed the best time I could possibly do to get 5th.
Q2: 5th.

Race: Got a decent start & was behind Ventis. Was on the absolute limit into turn one breaking zone (thinking.... please oh please of please don't hit anyone). We touched so slightly (sorry Ventis) but it was only enough to unsettle his car the tiniest amount. My brakes were completely locked up & I proudly left a huge skid mark when watching the replay.

Phew!.....Was then 1st after turn one after Hellen was spun (sorry mate that has got to suck after the speed you'd shown) into the path of Reik (ditto). Checked up & glanced in my mirrors - who else but Josh in 2nd....from 9th as well. Luck was on our side & Red Bull was 1-2.

Didn't have anywhere near the pace of Peter & Ventis & they easily got pass at about lap 10 when I made an error I was lucky to get away with. 3rd was still great though with a decent gap to 4th. Half a lap later Ventis & Peter disappeared from the screen in front of me & a few seconds later it kicked in......my internet was down & I had been disconnected.

Game over.

Congrats Peter on two wins in a row. Ventis for the championship. And thanks to everyone else for all the great racing this season - as well as admins and hugely you Eric for the immense amount of hard work you put into every aspect of making this league the success it is. I'm sure you some times think we don't quite fully appreciate or comprehend the enormous amount of time and effort it takes but that definitely isn't the case! :thanks:

Disappointed Josh & I ended on such a low - but sometimes there are important events in the real world that just have to take priority. Catch you all next season! :)

Well a dissapointing end to the season...

Q1 - 11th
I knew there would be alot of people faster than me in q1 from looking on the presto time sheet, was happy with my 1.28.2 as that was .9 of a second quicker than my Q1 in the FPPS race so happy with that...

Race - DNF
Had an average start, went around the outside in turn 1 as there was quite a bit of carnage, got up to 8th position which I was happy about, going into turn 3 Chris Jacques (mate I know it was probably a mistake but its first lap dude, should've been more carefull) decides to hit the rear left of my car giving me suspension damage - as I was coming out of turn 4 I just spun straight away because of suspension damage and ended up hitting the wall...
Car was in pretty bad shape, thought might as well do a few laps, so I went straight into pits spent 20 seconds adjusting fuel down to zero and another 40 seconds repairing car.... came out just in front of Jonathon and managed to put in a couple of quick laps before the leaders started catching me and I had to let everyone through.. Nearly finished my stint but on lap 25 I put a wheel slightly onto the grass and spun and hit the wall again, again had aero and suspension damage, managed to get the car back to pits and readjust the fuel to give me another 30 laps and got the damage fixed, exited pits then got a message I was low on fuel.. WTF seems like the fuel boys didn't bother to fill my car up... at this stage I was heading towards 3 laps down and couldn't be f*k'd anymore...

It was a pitty as I had really good race pace, was on a 1 stopper as that was the only way I'd be able to try and keep up with the front runners... so was looking forward to the battle come the other end of the race...

Anyway thats life, its just a game...

Thanks to Eric and all the other admins for running this show, I was only in this league as my team needed a driver so I wasn't quite up to the pace of most but gave it my best and had some good results through out the season..

Q 1:
Managed to hit my PB with a 1.26.7 and with that got 4th spot.
Q2: A decent lap to stay in 4th think it was 26.9 but 2nd and 3rd was at 26.3 so no chance.
Race: A bit of wheelspin on green light but not much...going down to T1 on the inside and figured i'll play safe....too bad someone came running from behind and turned me around,was just praying i wouldn't take out the front runners as i was going backwards on the grass on the inside and knew i would be crossing T1 in quite some speed.....don't think i hit someone too hard but enough for me to get a suspension damage and on top of that a SnG for??? cutting??
Well,tried to get going again but first had to take the sng.almost a lap down and chase start...still damaged but could keep going before the first pitstop.
Did some overtaking and some ppl DNF that took me up to 8th with 20 laps to go...35 sec up to Jan in 7th....hmmm.....110% push and when i was at 7-8 sec behind i spun with 3 laps to go. 1 minute 38 sec back to 9th who was Jacob and too far up to Jan.......SUPERSOFTS :D got fastest racelap :D sorry Peter :)

Had the pace for a top 5 today but destiny thought i shouldnt have it but atleast i saw 60 laps of action tonight.Thanks for a great season and congratulations to all who followed through with the season.Also grats to Peter and rest of podium for tonights race....Ventis,well deserved champion congratulations.
Finally,awsome job putting this great league up for us,BIG THANKS to Eric,ivo and rest of the league admins.
Congrats also to our div 2 team Kevin and Ivo for a superb season finishing 1-2

First of all i want to say sorry to Mikael Helen for the tap in T1 sending him into a slide.
I did not notice it myself and I really thought someone else hit you, but I see from the replay that it was all my fault. really really sorry M8 :sorry::poke:

Qualifying
Got a 6'th spot and once again watched the top 5 battle for front row.

Race
Started great and had to lift of some since Mikael in front was a bit slower of the line and i had no where to go.
In T1 I gave Mikael a tiny tap in the rear.... but since he probably was on full breaking it didn't take much and he started to spin. When I saw the spin in front I braked to hard and on cold tires spun myself to.
I was undamaged from that but I think Mikael gut more unlucky....

The rest of the race was quite funny as I once again found myself chasing down Anthony.
Overall I think I was a little bit faster, but Antony had better straight line speed so I had no chance of overtaking. We made some 20-30laps with only 1/2 second separating us.
Just before the second pit stop I lost it and spun with worn rear tires.
After that Anthony was way ahead and I did not manage to chase that down.
I just thought I played it safe and was planning to bring it home..... but then all sorts of mistakes started to happened.... I probably was losing focus.
With 2 laps to go I lost it big time and spun into the wall..... the car was still rolling on its wheels but I had suspension damage and no front wing.

I crawled around the last laps for the finish line ending in a 7'th position

Grats all
Really sorry to Mikael
Thanks to team mate Tim who got a really nice 3'd spot.
Thanks Eric and staff

Q1 : 7th

Managed to string a half decent lap together :) Quite happy here!

Race : 5th

Off the line I got a good run, went wide at t1 to avoid the certain carnage but was concerned with the guy at my side and saw Mr.Hellen's spin too late and got a nice bit of suspension damage :(
Managed to recover behind David who muscled his way through then braked very early and i tapped, tapped his rear. He then spun on the exit of Mercedes complex. If I broke your suspension I'm sorry but to be honest from my replay it sure didn't look that way!
Anyway I then struggled for the rest of my stint until pits. The pit-crew put down their pizza and pasta and repaired my shiny red car :love: and gave me a new set of rubber.
I emerged behind Anthony and Jan and managed to get past Jan as he out-braked himself into the last chicane and I slipped past Anthony into T1 a few laps later.
I then set about Reik, closed the gap to around 11-13secs and on lap 39? I dropped it at the top of the hill exiting sector 2, all my hard work for nothing :)
So I pitted, took less fuel due to me not burning it when I had damage and set about hot-lapping. In the end the gap was under 10 secs so that's something to take away!
Sorry for all contact it was not vindictive I assure :redface:

Congratulations to the podium and whoever has won the team championship. I think BRM but who knows with this dropping points, penalties and drivers migrating teams etc :)

Big thank you to Eric, all RD staff, Gunthar for his fantastic mod and all the fellow racers :)

Now to have a break :)

Chris

o haven't much to say tonight....

Qualy 4th!!! was really happy

Race 8th only because i'm lucky.... :( i really didn't deserve it tonight :( i ruined the last race so i'm so sry.... :(

i must say really sry to Joao..... i started in my normal way, just relaxed like usual, but maybe too much relaxed because when it was time to brake i did a really stupid error......i had half foot on the brake and half on the clutch and so i missed completly the brake.... was enough lucky to not hit the back of Will, but that move made me spin in T1 and Joao couldn't do nothing for not hit me.....so i really ruined his race..... probably Ryan will punish me because this is a T1 accident and also it created a mess!!! Again i'm really sry!!!!

there was also another accident at (time stamp: 1686) between me and Bruno......again i'm really sry :( :( i think that this time wasn't completle my fault, but Race Director will judge it!!! ;)

ok the rest of the race was enough good in the bad, i spun also 2 time, but other drivers were really a lot kind with me because they let me pass also if i was one lap down!!! I must really say a BIG THANK YOU to all that guys that help me in that bad situation!!!!

ok the season is finish!!!! wanna say again THANK YOU to the ADMINS expecially ERIC for this nice work!!! THANK YOU RACEDEPARTMENT and MAK CORP. THANK YOU to all the guys that race with me in this long season and that give me a lot of fun and CONGRATZ to the podium of both division!!!

bye!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back