RD Formula FG Championship Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a large shame because up until that point it was a very exciting race with plenty of overtaking and numerous battles up and down the field. Unfortunately this incident soured what was otherwise a spectacular round in the championship.

hmm why did it not happen last season or earlier into the race too..
rain?

also, if that was under 75% distance I'd also award only half points

it just snuck over 75% distance, so no problem there. However there would be a problem with one driver pitting earlier and that then provides a problem with race distance. Again, we have to look at what options we have and which one gets used.
No rain, no idea at all. For some reason it just completely dropped the ball.

It's just a typical Red Flag situation really. Unless you and (apparently Aaron) are happy to try and fix it and re-commentate, just go for a Red Flag at lap 46 and carry on from there. If someone's just pitted, unlucky them, but look at the 2003 Brazilian GP, Coulthard pitted from the lead just before the red flag and lost a load of positions.

• Deleted member 161052

So Vimal retired, damn. If I'm right.

At each dry session my results were good. Finally a strong one in an important session now, too.

-

About the race, dont know... I guess Aidan will make a good decision, cause he always did in the past, always trying to choose the best and fairest solution.

So it seems that the current course of action is that we are going to call a red flag at the completion of Lap 46 of the race, e.g. the completed lap before the first bug encountered.
In the end, I cannot justify going back 3 laps further to accommodate one driver. Their car developed a problem early in the race that changed their pit windows and we just have to believe that the car was maxed out. But that being said, I do also apologise to that driver.
The full 58 laps will be posted (soon, not right now as I don't have stuff ready). You will hear from me and Aaron and understand some of our thinking and also our immense disappointment after what we felt was a fantastic race that had played out. That being said, the bug itself was pretty awesome to watch too :roflmao:
I will be looking to get results that are exact beyond reasonable doubt for a lap 46 finish, including the fastest lap up until that point.
More than anything I'm gutted about this, as I feel that there is no right answer to how to approach the situation and I know that some people aren't going to be as happy as others :unsure:

So it seems that the current course of action is that we are going to call a red flag at the completion of Lap 46 of the race, e.g. the completed lap before the first bug encountered.
In the end, I cannot justify going back 3 laps further to accommodate one driver. Their car developed a problem early in the race that changed their pit windows and we just have to believe that the car was maxed out. But that being said, I do also apologise to that driver.
The full 58 laps will be posted (soon, not right now as I don't have stuff ready). You will hear from me and Aaron and understand some of our thinking and also our immense disappointment after what we felt was a fantastic race that had played out. That being said, the bug itself was pretty awesome to watch too :roflmao:
I will be looking to get results that are exact beyond reasonable doubt for a lap 46 finish, including the fastest lap up until that point.
More than anything I'm gutted about this, as I feel that there is no right answer to how to approach the situation and I know that some people aren't going to be as happy as others :unsure:
You handled the situation well imo, though what you're actually saying is that the driver's who encountered the bug, won't be classified dnf?

Who pitted three laps earlier out of interest?

I like that you have mentioned the problem BEFORE any results or videos were revealed. Thats also the reason why the pitter wasnt named so that noone gets influenced by that information.
:thumbsup:

--

Will we still be able to see the race til lap 46 and maybe some bonus for the pit action, as you mentioned, seemed to be entertaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes