RD Formula FG Championship Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor Racing

win.jpg

CORNES CAPTURES MAIDEN VICTORY
View attachment 108518
Nathan Cornes ended his Simulated Career drought with a dominant victory in Shanghai. The Australian driver found himself down the order early, but the Razor coupled with the safer one stop strategy meant that he was able to easily secure the first race on Chinese soil.

Press Paddock
@Matt Bailey Again we see Razor to the front, breaking through for a second victory. Is this the start of something?

Yes! Victory! Well done Nathan on a superb drive, well done.

We really struggled in the wet, starting from 15th and 20th is really not acceptable for us. If we can ensure we don't start at the back of the field I certainly hope this is the start of something Aidan, as you could see from Takumas race, he was every bit as fast as his teammate but his side of the garage opted for a 2 stop strategy. I spoke to his race engineer and even though it was the wrong call for this race, I backed him to follow his gut each time.

We now need some luck to go our way for Takuma and for Nathan to continue his fine start to the season.

Buys

Team
+2 Q-HP

Ishikawa
+10 R-Skill

Cornes
+40 R-Skill
+20 Q-Skill

Stats after buys

Engine
Q-HP 792 - R-HP 797 - COF 4095

Ishikawa
Q-Skill 16020 - R-Skill 16115 - Var Q/R 250/250

Cornes
Q-Skill 16055 - R-Skill 16180 - Var Q/R 250/250

Last edited:
General Impression:
The maiden voyage around the Shanghai International Circuit for the FFG series produced a straightforward race. Of course there were some bumps, shunts, spins, technical faults and overtakes, but pit stop strategies were key.

A well earned win by rookie Cornes and another stunning podium for fellow rookie Costello, whilst Kederer snapped up third spot.

Drivers view / RDFIA Press Conference / Press Paddock:
"Things looked so bright after the pit stop, but then that awfully timed water leak occurred and I panicked somewhat resulting in not going down the pit lane. The feedback from the pit-wall was that the leak was in such a position that they could not reach it, so pitting was not going to help. Driving on, however, did little good as well. But ohh well, the season just started, next week in Kyalami there's a new chance to shine and I got there early to get a tan on...ehh...I mean work on the car."

Upgrades:
Budget: $0
Income: $50
No buys
Total of Expenses: $0
Remaining Budget: $50

Personal values after buys:
Quali BHP: 791
Race BHP: 795
CoF: 5075
Quali Skill: 16030
Race Skill: 16090
Quali Variation: 300
Race Variation: 250

These figures already includes Néron's team buy.

• Deleted member 161052

Driftslide's values after buys
  • Quali HP: 784 (+2)
  • Race HP: 786
  • Vimal Ana: QS 16050 - RS 16020 (+20)
  • Jack Laskey: QS 16000 - RS 16125 (+10)

RINNEAHO RACES TO POLE
03 - South Africa - Qualifying.png

Tapio Rinneaho snuffed out the 2KF1 domination of pole position so far in S3 with a small margin, but no doubt very big repercussions for the race. The Finn was able to get his Falcon around the short and monstrously fast Kyalami Circuit in 0.004 of a second faster than previous season winner Sigoulakis in his 2KF1.
Ben Utzer showed he had the pace after missing out on FP1, but might struggle a bit more in the race. He lines up alongside the second 2KF1 of McNamara, the Australian team finding both cars in the first two rows for the first time this season. Row 3 is a very yellow affair, the DTKs of Harvey and Kederer very close to only themselves. New Championship leader Nathan Cornes is in a strong position in 7th, ahead of Stephan Bohner, Joel Rautavaara in the second Apex and his teammate Takuma Ishikawa in the other Razor is in 10th.
Outside of that, champ Jamie Cocks lines up in 18th at a track he made a mark in last season. Double podium man Harry Costello has it all to do starting in 20th, while Rob Sharp splits the two in 19th, only a mere 18 spots behind his teammate.
Commentators Comments: After some rain that hit at the end of FP1 and continued in FP2, it is a relief to see some dry qualifying action for once. That being said, it doesn't change anything as it's all about race pace here! Sigoulakis will have his work cut out to defend his win from last year, Rinneaho has snatched pole and I think that he should hold a strong lead through Crowthorne and from there it's up to him. Don't discount the Razors or DTKs either. Utzer is a fighting chance, but that Playlife engine is going to be at full pelt for a long time, and I'm not sure it'll hold together.
Podium Tips: T. Rinneaho, N. Cornes, T. Kederer

I wish to inform everyone that we have encountered a large bug and are looking into what will happen.

To the series:
22/10/15 - Kyalami
At the end of lap 47 of the South African Grand Prix, three cars made their way into the pit lane entry, with the entry of Car 12 (R. Martins) missing the pit lane entry and spinning down the straight. Over the next 4 laps, the same bug was encountered by Cars 1, 2, 8, 9, 10, 14, 18 and 22 all encountered the same bug, contributing to the retirement of all 9 cars from the race. Further inspection has found the bug was reproduced from the same racing save file to a lesser extent, but has not been found in other fresh races.
Currently the series is looking into calling the race official after the completion of the 46th lap, however we understand that this may cause a problem so we will fully investigate all possibilities before giving our solution. We understand that some people aren't going to agree with the decision, however this is the most common course of action in this sort of situation.
We apologise for the situation as it is not what we expected to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back