RD Formula FG Championship Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather disappointing season for me, but nothing unusual in FFG. Having retired in more races than I finished says it all...

Edit: oh, and 2 mostly inactive drivers in the top 10 of the standings isn't something that should become common imo, either kick them or let their points only count for the team (from the moment they were inactive). Everything else is rather unfair to those who are active.

Rather disappointing season for me, but nothing unusual in FFG. Having retired in more races than I finished says it all...

Edit: oh, and 2 mostly inactive drivers in the top 10 of the standings isn't something that should become common imo, either kick them or let their points only count for the team (from the moment they were inactive). Everything else is rather unfair to those who are active.
That's something that we can look at. At the same time, we may just look at an overhaul of the drivers market.

I'll be disclosing the WIP plans of next season soon, changes here and there.

A really decent rookie season for me, though the first few races were quite frustrating. Also, the fact that I wasn't able to win at Japan was really quite disappointing, but I guess 2 podiums and beating my teammate is something to be happy about.

• Deleted member 161052

With Vimal "Pastor Maldonado" Ana gone for good for being incident-prone, and Jack Laskey off to Jawz, we are welcoming @Andy 'Mars Bar' Graham and @Mane Goddard fot Season 4! We are going to be Black Box Racing for the next season.

Wiki updated to completion of Season 3, all information is there, all races and standings. Many thanks @kedy89 for the help in getting that done!

In the meantime, do us a favour and get on the wiki and do some work! We have a couple of pages currently that don't exist, so feel free to go on, make one (and we have templates to help you get it looking fab) and edit it as you need in the future. We do police it somewhat, so try to keep it rather streamlined.

Wiki updated to completion of Season 3, all information is there, all races and standings. Many thanks @kedy89 for the help in getting that done!

In the meantime, do us a favour and get on the wiki and do some work! We have a couple of pages currently that don't exist, so feel free to go on, make one (and we have templates to help you get it looking fab) and edit it as you need in the future. We do police it somewhat, so try to keep it rather streamlined.
:thumbsup:

In that regard, if anyone has problems with wiki stuff, feel free to ask me for help. It's easier than it might look at first sight.

CORNES WINS SEASON 3 CHAMPIONSHIP
View attachment 128794
Nathan Cornes scored his first championship in his rookie year in record breaking fashion with third at Interlagos...

Press Paddock
@Matt Bailey One title, but not the other. What went wrong in that regard?

It's great to win the Drivers Championship with Nathan as in the end, this is the title that is most commonly remembered. However it does sting that we were not able to grab the constructors championship. It just goes to show that it is a team championship and for half the season it felt like we were a man down.

...2 mostly inactive drivers in the top 10 of the standings isn't something that should become common imo, either kick them or let their points only count for the team (from the moment they were inactive). Everything else is rather unfair to those who are active.

I agree, not only is it unfair to the other active drivers, it's also unfair to the team with the inactive driver.

That's something that we can look at. At the same time, we may just look at an overhaul of the drivers market.

I'll be disclosing the WIP plans of next season soon, changes here and there.

Maybe add some new wording for allowing a team to replace an inactive driver (one who is active on RD, but ignoring FFG for eg)

Overall with everything considered this was a fantastic season for us at Fanatec Razor BMW and I for one am looking forward to the upcoming season immensely.

Launch1.jpg

It's great to win the Drivers Championship with Nathan as in the end, this is the title that is most commonly remembered. However it does sting that we were not able to grab the constructors championship. It just goes to show that it is a team championship and for half the season it felt like we were a man down.

I agree, not only is it unfair to the other active drivers, it's also unfair to the team with the inactive driver.

Maybe add some new wording for allowing a team to replace an inactive driver (one who is active on RD, but ignoring FFG for eg)

Overall with everything considered this was a fantastic season for us at Fanatec Razor BMW and I for one am looking forward to the upcoming season immensely.

Teams can sack an inactive driver, there's a point about that in the rules somewhere. Similar for drivers who have an inactive manager.

I just think that something needs to be done in the former case if the manager doesn't react. Inactive teamowners get replaced by the series with ones on the waiting list, so inactive drivers should be dealt with as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes