RD Formula FG Championship Season 1

As people are correcting their name's pronounciations, perhaps I could too, although you say it a lot better than most foreigners :)

The Rinn- part of my name is easy but I can understand the rest, "eaho" is just gibberish :D The name actually contains two words, "rinne" and "aho" so they should be pronounced separately with almost unnoticeable pause between the two words.
I don't know if it helps to understand but even some Finns write my name "Rinne-aho" when they first hear my name because the pronounciation is the same. I'm not sure if you'd pronounce it differently if there was that hyphen.

Anyway it's not important to me as I'm used to my name being pronounced more or less wrong and you are actually doing very decent job with it :thumbsup:

Now that we are discussing people's names, do you Aidan mind if your last names was pronounced the finnish way as "Keränen"?

As people are correcting their name's pronounciations, perhaps I could too, although you say it a lot better than most foreigners :)

The Rinn- part of my name is easy but I can understand the rest, "eaho" is just gibberish :D The name actually contains two words, "rinne" and "aho" so they should be pronounced separately with almost unnoticeable pause between the two words.
I don't know if it helps to understand but even some Finns write my name "Rinne-aho" when they first hear my name because the pronounciation is the same. I'm not sure if you'd pronounce it differently if there was that hyphen.

Anyway it's not important to me as I'm used to my name being pronounced more or less wrong and you are actually doing very decent job with it :thumbsup:

Now that we are discussing people's names, do you Aidan mind if your last names was pronounced the finnish way as "Keränen"?
I always think of it as Rin-nee-ar-ho. Is that right?

Well as I heard from Joel about Finnish spelling.. :D

Finns like to "roll" the R, and the a is like aa but shorter, at least he told me that :D So Rinne-aa-ho?
https://translate.google.com/#fr/fi/rinneaho
Rinne-aa-ho (use the same sound you would need to say fast, but not in a faest type that Americans would say). And then add a bit of Finnish mumbling laziness into that.

EDIT: And yes, we roll our r's. That is correct Milos :D

''Joel, the speedy's are faster than you, do you understand this message?''
1000xthurs9.jpg

Last edited:
Apex Racing targets Speedy Racing as "Hard Rivals"

In an interview with the team boss Ancevski, he said that he was very unhappy about the Speedy racing driver Manolis (Sigoulakis) taking out his driver Daniel (Harvey) while fighting for the lead of the Australian Grand Prix. He said "this is something that should not be tolerated! If it was for lower positions maybe it's okay but surely the stewards had to give out a penalty for that one! Losing a lead like that is something I am not happy about, especially considering the Maldonado Greek was in front of both my drivers. We hope to take big revenge in the next race that will take place in Malaysia."
Team Radio (please do not take this seriously thanks :D):

In an interview with the team boss Ancevski, he said that he was very unhappy about the Speedy racing driver Manolis (Sigoulakis) taking out his driver Daniel (Harvey) while fighting for the lead of the Australian Grand Prix. He said "this is something that should not be tolerated! If it was for lower positions maybe it's okay but surely the stewards had to give out a penalty for that one! Losing a lead like that is something I am not happy about, especially considering the Maldonado Greek was in front of both my drivers. We hope to take big revenge in the next race that will take place in Malaysia."
At least your drivers didn't take each other out.

My vision was bad sitting so low :D

Speedy racing reacts to Ancevski :p

In an post race interview after the australian grand prix Speedy Racing team owner Lesley Buurlage reacted to an interview earlier with team boss of Apex racing team, milos ancevski, who wasn't that happy with the fact that speedy racing driver Manolis Sigoulakis would had taken out Apex racing driver Daniel Harvey. Buurlage's reaction: ''i can't believe it that ancevski wanted to have manolis penalised! several other actions where drivers collided with eachother had much more effect on the race, the track was wet and manolis just couldn't go elsewhere than sliding into daniel. in my opinion it was just a race incident. it's sad that the collision had more influence on daniel than on manolis his race. but that's the risk of racing. i hope we have a race with less collisions and more clean racing in malaysia. so we can have a fair race with the apex cars. and of course i hope that we'll finish in front of them again :cool:

General Impression:
Wow, just seen the second part of the race (wanted to see the whole race before commenting) and I have to say it was very enjoyable! :D Very good job @Aidan Keranen :thumbsup:

Pronounciation:
You pronounced me as "bauner", but the "ö" is pronounced differently...it's difficult to explain in writing lol erhm...maybe take "Räikkönen" as example, without the dots on the "o" it sounds like an "o", with the dots on it it sounds more like "eu" or "ue" if you get what I mean. As you like to be a Fin, I'm sure you get it :laugh:

Questions:
What is the purpose of "Variation"? Is it like a good day / bad day factor? What's the impact of decreasing qualifying and increasing race variations (or vice versa)?
I'll attempt to get it right :D As for variation, you are pretty much right. It is a mathematical value that is random every race, you might gain or lose 250 skill in either session or something in between. This (as much as some people really dislike) is what makes the AI quite amazing in GP4, it isn't just the best drivers that will win

haha, you wouldn't believe how many people here get Keranen wrong! But I am aware that the more Finnish way of saying/spelling my name is Keränen, I actually use the 'ä' in some places (e.g. Facebook). Looks cooler, but I guess we have Australian-ised our name a bit :D

ANNOUNCEMENT
Elite Two Racing backed by Vodafone and Nokia have released their livery for round 2 in Sepang, Malaysia. This livery made by @Lesley Buurlage has a striking red and black colour scheme that will make the cars blend into the tarmac making them INVISIBLE to drivers allowing for sneaky overtakes. So without further writing here is the new livery.
mijjoh.png

2426i3c.png

Speedy racing reacts to Ancevski :p

In an post race interview after the australian grand prix Speedy Racing team owner Lesley Buurlage reacted to an interview earlier with team boss of Apex racing team, milos ancevski, who wasn't that happy with the fact that speedy racing driver Manolis Sigoulakis would had taken out Apex racing driver Daniel Harvey. Buurlage's reaction: ''i can't believe it that ancevski wanted to have manolis penalised! several other actions where drivers collided with eachother had much more effect on the race, the track was wet and manolis just couldn't go elsewhere than sliding into daniel. in my opinion it was just a race incident. it's sad that the collision had more influence on daniel than on manolis his race. but that's the risk of racing. i hope we have a race with less collisions and more clean racing in malaysia. so we can have a fair race with the apex cars. and of course i hope that we'll finish in front of them again :cool:

Harvey responds to "racing incident"

After avoiding the press, Daniel Harvey, apex driver, has spoken out over the incident which caused him to lose the lead

" personally, I thought I was going to get a penalty, I felt the other guy did nothing wrong, he was fast, I was comparatively slow, he put me out of position and I didnt react fast enough."
He later said
" no disrespect to my team boss, ,Milos but i feel he over reacted, the plan for the race was to get points, we had no intentions of winning the race. So therefore we had a solid race. I got the 4th fastest lap and got some valuable experience in the car."

Harvey then praised his teammate, Joel. " I might have been in the limelight, but Joel led the race for longer than me and if wasn't for some unreliability issues, he could have got a podium."

ANNOUNCEMENT
Elite Two Racing backed by Vodafone and Nokia have released their livery for round 2 in Sepang, Malaysia. This livery made by @Lesley Buurlage has a striking red and black colour scheme that will make the cars blend into the tarmac making them INVISIBLE to drivers allowing for sneaky overtakes. So without further writing here is the new livery.
mijjoh.png

2426i3c.png

Actually, it's orange xD

I'm actually quite dissapointed that @Benutzername's team didn't make the cut, only for that beast of a livery :sneaky:
What do you mean?
That OMR hasnt joined so far?

--

Atm i think i wont join as a team in the series, even if there is a seat left. Driver seems more fun in his series for me personally. Still i would like to do next years livery of the team im driving for :p

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.