RD Formula FG Championship Season 1

I will let you know once I've had a chance to actually view it. ;)

I'm watching every race in order, and I'm only at Monaco now.
I wouldn't bother watching the Monaco one as the results of the televised race got scrapped and the qualifying and race were reran, because 4 drivers (including me) didn't pit at all and therefore ended up 1st to 4th. Still feel robbed of 10 points, but hey ho life goes on.

PS. I'm impressed with the level of Tim's English in the commentators box, seems pretty impressive for a young Dutch lad (well, he sounds like a young lad):thumbsup:

I wouldn't bother watching the Monaco one as the results of the televised race got scrapped and the qualifying and race were reran, because 4 drivers (including me) didn't pit at all and therefore ended up 1st to 4th. Still feel robbed of 10 points, but hey ho life goes on.

PS. I'm impressed with the level of Tim's English in the commentators box, seems pretty impressive for a young Dutch lad (well, he sounds like a young lad):thumbsup:
Thanks, english is one of my better subjects:cool:

Happy just to make the finish if I'm honest :roflmao:

Although if I'm correct the title can now be won in Indianapolis right?
I know how it feels to spin at the final corner:roflmao:

DTK finally release Season 2 car
After a lot of previews, the soon-to-be-British-again team have finally released their car.
DTKv2_zpsec4585fd.jpg

Each car bears the flags of Nauru, Finland and the United Kingdom. The team will be using Bridgestone tyres for a second year too. Numbers TBD of course.​

Apex Racing set to release (much better) season 2 car after the Indianapoils race.
We ain't getting the good result we wanted, and we didn't have materials to release the car after Hungary when I wanted to. So it isn't going to be THAT special in the end.

• Deleted member 161052

Viper Racing to facelift their car for the season finale
Viper Racing will facelift the look of their car after the United States Grand Prix because of Andy Black's favour of "what the car should look like for my Japanese fans". They stated that a facelift will be done to the Powered by Megatron logo and there will be extra logos on the sidepod and the front wing endplates.

TAPIO HOLDS BACK JACK
R15 - Italy - Race.png

Tapio Rinneaho took his chances in a fiercely faught Italian Grand Prix that ultimately saw the championship go another round to Indianapolis. Rinneaho capitalised on a first stint that saw those around him struggle to open up a lead to be able to make his one stop strategy work. With Hunsley chasing him furiously in the final stint, it seemed that the British driver was on his way to a crucial victory, possibly to see him with one hand on the championship. But Rinneaho was not to play that game, and some neat defending saw Hunsley crack under the pressure, making a mistake at Parabolica on the penultimate lap, so close to ending his race for good, but enough to see Rinneaho over the line easily from Hunsley and Diehl.
Manolis Sigoulakis too made a late grab for position on his teammate, taking Engberink into Parabolica on the last lap to snatch 4th from the Dutchman's grasp. Something we are fairly certain hasn't been seen before in FFG, a last corner overtake (Sepang was second to last). Stephan Bohner continued his great run of form, taking 6th in yet another strong run in his N-Tech, home ahead of Foro in his Cedars, Rob Sharp in the points again for EvoGP, Ben Utzer who recovered from an unknown problem in 9th and the amazing début for Dewald Nel netted him 10th and the final point of the race.
The race went down well, many skirmishes developed across the field with racing kept (fairly) clean.
It also seemed to be the last race for Josh Noack, as the Australian makes way for another débutante in Matt Bailey from next round, all but ending Noack's association with the series at this time.
But to some Championship scenarios then. With two races left, the drivers championship sees Hunsley leading on 190, Diehl 170, Rinneaho 167, Engberink 150. A win for Hunsley in the USA will see him crowned the first Champion. Finishing with at least 5 points more than Diehl should see him win as well on countback at worst. Rinneaho only has two points up his sleeve in that case, and would not win a countback. Engberink is the unlucky one, he must beat Hunsley, and must gain 16 points on the British driver to keep his chances alive, as he would not win a countback either.
Diehl or Rinneaho beating Hunsley will keep their championship alive.
In the Constructors championship, it is rather a lot more straightforward. With 86 maximum points up for grabs, DTK hold an 84 point advantage. The maths plays out that BRT must finish 1-2 in both races to win, where DTK cannot get anymore than 1 point in those two races as they would win on countback. Speedy cannot win, but can catch BRT for second as they are only 33 behind.

Next round is at Indianapolis, but we do things differently there, and we go 'backwards' and have both left and right turns. Market closes 10am AEDT Thursday.

R15 - Italy - Teams.png

RDFIA Press Conference
@Tapio Rinneaho You made it all work for you today, can you sneak the championship with this form?
@Twigster151 Well you made it to the podium again then! What were you thinking as you got caught on the grass at the end there?
@Diehl Nothing is over yet, but are you struggling a bit for pace, or are you still confident of the championship?

Press Paddock
@Jimlaad43 Seemingly one race from the Constructors Championship then?
@Ho3n3r A superb debut, scoring the last point, how do you feel with that?
@Manolis Sigoulakis @Tim Engberink A last corner overtake, were either of you nervous about coming out the other side?
@Lesley Buurlage Were you worried they wouldn't come out the other side?
@Benutzername While you recovered for 9th, you were sandwiched by your 'other teammates', happy with their performance?
@Smartbean You must be very happy with your current form, thinking of a title push next season?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back