Rally - The Full Monte - Monday 25th & Tuesday 26th April 2011

Lol on the 2nd stage my car ran into a 1 meter tree at 5 meters before the red line (to finish the stage) and got totaled, and then in the 3rd one I drove into a bump or something, hit a wall and died.

This is my official bad luck day.

The most idiotic rally I run so far ,

Start with the same probl "not conect etc"start the ss over but not online, start SS2 Retire, start SS3 Retire-start SS4 Finis yes!
start SS5 Retire-start SS6 Retire-start SS7 Retire-start SS8 FINIS but lost engine with 900 mtr.to go,free wheel down hill to the fin an faster then SS4 LOL..

Not a great success that Realistic damage for me than!!

Don´t no if I thank you for this but I do,Thanks Warren great experience ha ha

In the 1st stage the game kicked me out and it said that I wasn't online, which wasn't true. Then I was in a hurry to start the rally again so I didn't noticed my mistake.

Once again my apologies especially to Warren and Senad who will later calculate the results. I hope that putting my results with A8 car in red will be punishment enough.

To bad since I'm good on ice. :(

Yow!

Managed to bag 2nd in session, assuming Dudo is toast in the wrong car (unlucky mate).
Actual thing went way better than pre-session practice, 1/8 vs 5/8 - and I dropped one due to the bug.

Enjoyable stuff, though even more stressful than usual. :D

As I mentioned previously, a move to realistic damage is a significant difference for drivers who are accustomed to a number of spills over an event. Anything that you can normally get away with, with a lost front bumper or an overheating engine usually ends in absolute and instant death. The one stage where I did get a blown radiator it only drove about another mile.

I totally appreciate the challenge though, nothing quite focuses the mind like the conditions we had this evening - and I may switch to realistic for RDRC practice. :bomb:

That said, I think any sudden move to realistic will kill the experience for a lot of drivers. It's a huge step up and will kill participation from people coming to RBR for the first time. Occasional rallies, definitely a good thing though. I always say, variety = good.

Using it in RDRC will definitely stop it being a championship open to everyone.

Everything said, much entertainment, cheers Warren. :cool:

s01 same problem as most
s02 always like this stage, did one crazy flip breaking into one of the hairpins, car turned over twice and round once, ended up sunny side up and facing in the right direction on the apex of the turn, lol.
s03 first encounter with realistic damage, had a little bump into a wall just as the downhill section begins meant car was all but unsteerable afterwards, one CFH, dreadful time, noticed a host of DNFs
s04 great run till another lil' touch to a rock made steering all wobbly again, picked up a CFH a little later and posted a bad time
s05 one of my best runs in RBR ever, just went great from start to finish, finished second only 3 secs away from Dubravko, yipieh!
s06 bit of a dreadful drive, had no mental image for this stage, really messed up the three plunges before hairpin towards the end but survived
s07 hit a marshall early on in one of these ugly slowmotion slides off the track where you see it coming from miles off but the dumbo marshall just sticks glued to his spot, looking the other way :( hectic ride from there as I tried to get closer to Dubravko, never found any rhythm at all, still finished third and second overall at this point.
s08 my favourite RBR stage cause it's the closest to a) my real life everyday driving experience b) my sim roots in touring car tracks; enjoyed every single second of it and finished the event with a huge grin on my face.

overall a great night out with the boys, thx all for turning up (too bad there was so much red ink), the realistic damage is great because it is - wait for it - realistic: you just lean slightly into a wall to slow the car down because you misjudged the approach to a turn and - bang - you're saddled with a seriously bent axle for the rest of the stage. Now who in real life would lean into a wall with any car? really like it.

I totally appreciate the challenge though, nothing quite focuses the mind like the conditions we had this evening - and I may switch to realistic for RDRC practice. :bomb:

Using it in RDRC will definitely stop it being a championship open to everyone.

Everything said, much entertainment, cheers Warren. :cool:

I totally agree. The damage set to realistic, especially in these conditions, made me think about every move I would make earlier so my stages were pretty clean. Coz one little mistake and your out and the car dead.

Some things I forgot to mansion,

Grats Eckhart with the session win.....

First I love the Subaru first time I had the feeling that I could control the car (instead of the car lol)

Second I have run al most all the stages offline with Realistic dam.having less trouble when I hit something than on line? Imagination?

Right, where to start...lol.

Got the same problem
JBhw5.png
at the start of ss1, and i did make sure my firewall was aware of the RSCenter update. Joined for ss2 after RSC restart and it was fine, i suppose i should have joined on-line rally before the event.

My thoughts about realistic damage.

1 hour before the start of the rally, i tested both cars on ss1, 2 passes in each. And had very similar thoughts to Warren, not much difference as i went ( lightly ) into some barriers, the damage received was only slightly more then it would had been with reduced.
On ss2 i didn't hit anything, ss3 still enjoying myself i hit this little tree on right hand bend, 80% down the stage. It wasn't very hard at all, but the engine was dead. Ok, i thought, this is realistic damage and i can't expect to get away with broken radiator or gearbox. A bit hash imo, but i could accept that. ss4 started very well and i was still enjoying myself, but with this cloud over my head, i NEED to stay clean. 90% over and i went into a tight right out of shape and hit a post with 5!!! km\h on my clock, engine dead:mad:. Thats not what i was expecting at all. Very unrealistic. ss5 comes and the fun is totally gone, replaced with caution. I still push and get the car to roll, when it comes back to track after CFH i expect a wreck. Another surprise, no major damage:confused::confused:. The car feels very lose and on edge but drivable, i think i would have got worse ( or at least similar ) damage with reduced. I continue and got head on with a post near the end, not hard but not very light either. And guess what, i only got radiator damaged and could finish the stage.
ss6- light hit small tree at the very beginning, engine dead
ss7 - i,m thinking of quitting, very 1st time in my RBR carrier, but continue, no fun
ss8 - 50% down, tree again, engine dead

Out of 7 stages i run, i didnt finished 4. This hasn't happened to me in a long time. I didn't pushed to hard or was over aggressive with the car, in contrary, i really calmed down and understand how to drive in this game lately. Almost all my rallies were 100% finishes in the last few months. I think there is a problem with the realistic damage, IT IS NOT REALISTIC AT ALL TIMES, only sometimes. Its like a lottery to me.

I would recommend not to use it in the club rallies, its suppose to be fun, and realistic kills it imo. As for the championship, well, it would definitely put it on another level. Just to finish with cumulative realistic damage you would either need; a lot of practice or a very very cautious drive. Not fun. If we were ever to use realistic it would have to be only for the top class, as an extra challenge. But i still wouldn't like to see it.

Summary.
The realistic damage is to inconsistent imo, if you are a very clean driver you may get away with it for some time, until that little tree or post will reminds you of it. Its only for those who know the stages by heart, not for the casual player. I,m sure the red ink will back up my words.

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/28146284/R_ss5.rpl

This is my replay from ss5, with the big roll and head on post later, i shouldn't finished this stage at all if you could see how lightly i damaged the car in the stages i didn't finish ( no replay from those obviously ). Have a look Warren, you will see what i mean by saying this is UNREALISTIC ( inconsistent ).

Big GL to those still to run lol.

Looks like we might have two issues to investigate here, The Start Up glitch, and the Realistic Damage modelling.

The Start glitch: This must be something introduced with Update 04. Al Walker and I ran a test run (to help show him the ropes) with the first 4 stages of this rally the day before the Update was released, and neither of us had a problem (apart from impailing ourselves on a wooden fence in SS02 lol).

Based on Roy's comments, maybe it is related to AntiVirus blocking something. :confused: Did anyone successfully get SS01 to Start correctly? I'll see if anyone has reported the issue at RallyeSim, but it might be best if our members post their problem there.
I'll try to set up another test rally to see what happens to me, and try running with and without the AV.

Realistic damage: Keep the feedback coming, it will be helpful. I still didn't notice any major diferences to Reduced during our brief on-line test with Al. I wrecked the car in Ss02, but that would have happened in Reduced as well. However, I have since noticed some wheel wobbling after bumping the banks or guard rails, this seemed more sensitive than Reduced. Unfortunately, due to lack of feedback from experienced RBR guys, we can only find out the effects by testing this way. I'd like to test it again using a gravel Rally, maybe Monte Carlo is too slippery anyway. :confused:

Sorry to those who had problems and didn't enjoy this one. :redface:

Something definitely is strange here. :confused:

I just tried to enter Public Sessions from the main RSCenter, and got a windows error message. Then tried three more times, one more failure, and two successes.
I'm wondering if they have a Server problem. :confused::confused:
Off-line seems fine.

Anyway, i managed to set up another Test Session, using the first 4 Stages of this rally, if anyone else wants to give it a go.

Name: "WAD Test Rally" starting at 23.00GMT.

Hmmmnnnn!!!!! I just tried to run my Test Rally on-line, and got the exact same problem with Stage 1, same error message just after I started the Stage .

After rejoining, I was able to run the other Stages.

Something has definitely been screwed up with Update 04. :frown:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back