Rally - The Full Monte - Monday 25th & Tuesday 26th April 2011

Just checked the Forum at RallyeSim.

Found this:

http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=434&t=8420

I'd say they have problems with Update 04, and will be posting a Patch, or we have to re-download it again (but I don't know when, it's rather unclear to me).

I have posted on behalf of Racedepartment, hoping to get it made more clear.

Fingers crossed, but this Rally is probably ruined, or at least we'll have to drop Ss01. :confused::confused::redface::frown:

My thoughts about realistic damage.

i went into a tight right out of shape and hit a post with 5!!! km\h on my clock, engine dead:mad:. Thats not what i was expecting at all. Very unrealistic.

Dariusz, this is where it becomes difficult to compare. eg. I did exactly the same thing in the last RDRC Round, gently nudged a tree going extremely slowly, and it killed the engine. And that was using Reduced damage. :confused::confused: Seb and others reported similar things but were able to restart the car (I couldn't).
Getting a meaningful understanding of the differences between realistic and reduced is not going to be easy.

Re the Stage 1 Start up problem:

I have now tried many things to see if I can get it to run correctly, but no luck. :mad:
I've re-downloaded and re-installed Update 04, tried disabling my AV, and a few other things as well.
Still get the same dump after driving off with the same message (as posted by Dariusz). But you can drive all other Stages after rejoining. Weird.
All I can suggest is that we wait and see if RallyeSim release a Patch or "fix" whatever was introduced with Update 04. :confused::confused:

For anyone still to run a Session, if you get the Stage 1 Start problem, just rejoin the Session and you should be able to run the remaining Stages. We will most likely not count SS01 in the Results.

Sorry guys, this is extremely frustrating. :frown:

BTW: Senad has advised that a couple of people were able to run SS01, I can only assume that maybe they didn't have Update 04 installed. :confused:

Dariusz, this is where it becomes difficult to compare. eg. I did exactly the same thing in the last RDRC Round, gently nudged a tree going extremely slowly, and it killed the engine. And that was using Reduced damage. :confused::confused: Seb and others reported similar things but were able to restart the car (I couldn't).
Getting a meaningful understanding of the differences between realistic and reduced is not going to be easy.

No Warren, i know of the gentle taps you may get your engine killed by in reduced damage, but what i've experienced is different.
I may get engine dead like 1 in a 50 with reduced, not 3 out of 3. We are talking about such a little taps i shouldn't even get the splitter off. If i did that in real, i would have dent in my front bumper, nothing else. Very unrealistic. I really really hope you are not thinking about introducing realistic damage to club rallying, it would get many many people off rallying imo ( especially new ). Club rally should be about having fun first and foremost, i can't relax and have fun when i know the slightest of front end touches will most likely end my rally. But again, this is only my opinion.

If i have to fully honest, i even think safe damage would have been good for the rally club ( for some at least ). Looking from a distance at my RBR beginnings, i was always looking for rallies with safe damage to join, as it would more\less guaranteed that i can finish. Don't get me wrong, i,m not asking for it to be changed, i,m very comfortable with reduced and i wouldn't drive any different ( read: more risky ) with safe. It really doesn't matter to me tbh. But the new guy may get more comfortable ( read: more fun ) knowing he can experiment ( learn ) with the car and track, without the dreadful dnf hanging above. I know there are two sides to a coin, and many of you would oppose such a move, and i think i would too lol. I did learn from all those crashes, frustrating as they where :).

I'll try to join OC session since I have time. LEt the red ink pour :)!
I've already done the 04 update, so I'll guess I'll have the same error as you, since I didn't played anything yet.

i might give oceanic zone a whirl (cant be bothered going to work today =0)

(Ps. Thanks warren..... no real panic here as I am not used to the mod or the car so I am only in it for the beer (and certainly not any glory =0)

So, the second one doesn't count, right? :)
What I exepected to be a bad, ugly race, it turnd out to be a interesting one and very challenging. Of course Warren was always up ;)!
Thanks guys for making this happen!

Well, that was a mixed bag, but not for the expected reasons. I drove very well and didn't hit anything, so the realistic damage didn't affect me.

BUT:

SS01, the game crashed as expected.
Rejoined and all seemed ok.
All was going very well until we got to SS04, started and thought "this doesn't look like Joux Plane." :confused: Realised it was Bisanne again, thought it was another bug in the Update, so quit.
Then noticed that the rest of the Stages looked correct, and at that stage I realised that probably the Server set up was wrong. Oops!! Oh well.

Then ran the rest of the Stages, SS05, SS06, SS07 all went ok.
Then when it was time to run SS08, everything slowed to a crawl. It was taking more than one minute between button clicks. By the time I finally worked my way through the menus, to the start of the Stage, my computer seemed to have ground to a halt. :confused::confused::confused: So SS08 was a no go.
Never had this problem before, but in the end I had to re-boot the computer to get out of the game.

Don't know what was going on but the gremlins were out to get me.
At east I had won most of the Stages when I actually run, so I had some fun. :rolleyes:

It was good fun chatting with Al and Rick over TS.

I can't comment much on the Realistic damage comparison, I didn't hit anything, lol. However, Realistic seems to suit my driving style though, I always drive as though I own the car and pay the repair bills anyway.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back