Rally - The Full Monte - Monday 25th & Tuesday 26th April 2011

Warren Dawes

Premium
”The Full Monte”

Mon 25th & Tues 26th April 2011

PLEASE NOTE THAT RSRBR 2011, (UPDATE 03) IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT
Update 04 has now been released and should be installed for this Rally.

Group N Cars on Monte Carlo Stages

(Realistic Damage test)

Full-Monte---on-fire.jpg

Sessions: RD Full Monte EU / RD Full Monte US / RD Full Monte OC / RD Full Monte EUX / RD Full Monte EUZ

NOTE: We may include additional time zone Rallys if requested.

Car Pack: N4_1 and N4_2 ( You must select either the Subaru Impreza N12 (N4_2) or the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 9 (N4_1) ) **

Damage: Realistic ***

SS01 - France – Cote d’Arbroz (Monte Carlo Mod, Good, Day)
SS02 - France – Joux Verte (Monte Carlo Mod, Good, Day)
SS03 - France – Bisanne (Monte Carlo Mod, Good, Day)
SS04 - France – Joux Plane (Monte Carlo Mod, Good, Day)
SS05 - France – Joux Verte II (Monte Carlo Mod, Good, Day)
SS06 - France – Cote d’Arbroz II (Monte Carlo Mod, Good, Day)
SS07 - France – Bisanne II (Monte Carlo Mod, Good, Day)
SS08 - France – Joux Plane II (Monte Carlo Mod, Good, Day)

EUX Start: 15:00 GMT Monday *
Europe Start: 19:00 GMT Monday *
US Start: 03:00 GMT Tuesday (11PM EDST (USA), 9PM Mountain Time) *
Oceania Start: 10:30 GMT Tuesday (QLD,NSW and VIC start time 8:30PM. ) *
EUZ Start: 19:00 GMT Tuesday *

* PLEASE NOTE: Changes have been made to start times as a result of changes to DST in most Countries.

Additional timezone Rallys may be created on request.
If the USA Session drivers prefer a different Start time, please let us know, we can be flexible to suit.

* EU, OC, and US events will only be created on request - so please mention which zone you're signing up for. If no one signs up for a listed Session, it will not be created on the Server.
All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can only run on one session.

** PLEASE NOTE: You must choose either the Subaru Impreza N12 or the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 9 from the N4_1 or N4_2 Car pack.

*** PLEASE NOTE: This is the first of a series of Test Rallys using Realistic Damage.

NOTES:
  • Click here to read the password!
  • You will require the RSRBR 2011 mod, ( Update 03 ), in order to participate, please see the installation and Usage thread.
    Update 04 has been released, please check this thread for further info.
  • You will also require the N4_1 and the N4_2 Car packs.
  • Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.

IMPORTANT:
  • Please sign up in the following format: RD Name (RSRBR2011 Name)
  • Take a screenie of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
  • You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
  • If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines and links to help you get up and running: Here

Drivers:

Please choose either the Subaru Impreza N12 or the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 9 from the two Car Packs available.

1. Troy Ament (tromoly) - US
  2. Rick Bamford (Lucifer) - OC
  3. Kevin Hopkins (Kevin Hopkins) - OC
  4. Dariusz Swiderski (swider) - EU
  5. Norman Biscuits (got_biscuits) - EU
  6. Robb Kulcsar (r27kul ) - EU
  7. Senad Subasic (mfodor) - OC
  8. Roy Magnes (Roy Magnes) - EUX
  9. Jeremy Loveland (Wol-Gran) - OC
  10. Ole Marius Myrvold (Ole Myrvold) - EU
  11. Hans Sneep (PeHaEe) - EU
  12. Ondřej Kapal (okapal )- EU
  13. Simone Demi (simonedemi ) - EUZ
  14. Alastair Walker (Al Walker) - OC
  15. Corey Twyman (theFlash) - US
  16. Reinis Dreijers (ReinisDre) - EU
  17. Mick Aspinall (Aspy) - EU
  18. Warren Dawes (WAD53) - OC
  19. Dubravko Sparovec (Dudo Sparovec) - EU
  20. John Cunningham (HH_BF1) - EU
  21. Florin Palade (Mexer) - EU
  22. Nigel Atkins (Marmiteman) - EU
  23. Lee Palmer (MrTk56) - EU
  24. Driver

Our next Rally is open for sign-up.

For this Rally, we are trying something new. Following our Forum discussions about Realistic vs Reduced damage, we want to run a series of Rallys which will allow us to test the suitability and popularity of using Realistic Damage. This will be our first Rally, using Realistic Damage.

First up, we go "The Full Monte". All Stages will be in France, using the Monte Carlo Mod. Whilst this will result in some slippery driving (and a good test for the damage modelling), we will keep the weather good and all Stages in daylight (to show some pity). :wink:

We have also chosen the Group N cars since these are quite stable to drive and are familiar to most drivers. To minimise any possible differences in damage modelling between cars, we have restricted this Rally to only two cars. Both cars are closely matched in performance, but may have slightly different handling characteristics.

Initially, this Rally may appear rather intimidating to inexperienced drivers, however, I have tested it using Realistic Damage, and based on my findings, the damage sensitivity may not be much greater than Reduced Damage. The purpose of this Rally is to see what others experience.

DRIVER BRIEFING NOTES:

1. These cars are lower powered Group N cars, and are quite stable to drive. The Monte Carlo Mod will make Stages quite slippery, so extra care will be needed, especially since damage sensitivity may be increased with Realistic Damage.

2. RBR Pacenotes are designed for default cars, Normal conditions and Good weather. Please remember to adjust your speeds to suit these cars.

3. Tyre selections are the drivers responsibility. If you use the automatic tyre selection option in RSRBR2011, please beware that sometimes it may give you the wrong tyre for the conditions. Always double check your tyres, it is critical.

If requests are made for any additional timezones, or changes to Start times to better suit your local needs, we will try to include them ( but within the Monday/Tuesday periods).

Please note that Start Times now take into account DST adjustments around the world, including the Server time. Please check your local times.

Good luck all, and we look forward to hearing your feedback on this Test Rally. :rally: :signup:

Special thanks to Damien for the HOT Banner. :wink: :thanks:

Here’s a little video to help you see the available cars and a few skins from RallyeSim.

In case you didn't see it Warren,

Rallyesim is saying unpdate 4 will be released on friday 24th. They have put it back at least twice I have seen but I haven't seen it get this close either. We might need to update before hand?

In case you didn't see it Warren,

Rallyesim is saying unpdate 4 will be released on friday 24th. They have put it back at least twice I have seen but I haven't seen it get this close either. We might need to update before hand?

Yep, I have been watching it daily, and I'd say it will almost certainly be released tomorrow. I'll post any needed advice here, but all drivers should be prepared to Update for this Rally. Lets hope the content we are using for this rally doesn't get impacted.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%