Rally - "The Ashes 2" - Mon 3rd & Tues 4th January 2011

Hi Guys,

I have one issue starting with new rallies.. The issue is whenever I enter a public/online session, I don't get the first stage to start, but it vanishes or disables & I will only be able to start with the second or third stage onwards..

Why is this? Inspite of me starting in the exact minute of the start of the rally this happens!!

Can anybody guide me where I am doing wrong! :(

The start to SS1 will be counting down, then a chime with 10 seconds left, and a chime when the stage opens. The button to enter SS1 will change to a countdown with 60 seconds on it, you have to enter while the button is counting down like that. If you wait till after the countdown, you just missed SS1.

So basically you are saying; you can't drive this stage on pacenotes, but you are blaming us for practising? :p

I am just joking, but I am suprised noone has redone the pacenotes?

If someone tells me how, I want to do it, I think the pacenotes need to be much more detailed anyway

So basically you are saying; you can't drive this stage on pacenotes, but you are blaming us for practising? :p

No, like I said in one of my previous posts, I found nothing wrong with the voice notes, only the 3d buttons.

Practicing takes the fun out of it. In circuit racing, you have opponents to race with. In rallying it's just you and the stage. When you practice constantly, and know the stage by heart, there's not really that much surprise left, and there goes half the fun. It's just a chore. My two cents.

I am just joking, but I am suprised noone has redone the pacenotes?

See above. I'd like to switch to voice only anyway, more realistic/immersive.

If someone tells me how, I want to do it, I think the pacenotes need to be much more detailed anyway
I have yet to remind myself how the Falst II looks, but normally the answer is: Listen more carefully :). For instance on New Bobs there is a left 2 - right 2 sequence where you'll probably find yourself adamant that the game got you a wrong note on the first one. But usually it means that you've missed something - it happens on fast sequences, when you take one or two turns "on sight" and stop listening carefully, missing a part of the sequence. Happens less often in WRCs to me, as you are on the edge almost all the time :).

about realistic things and practicing... in real life, you are able to make the stage in a other car than the wish one you are racing one day before the "rally day" and not over 50KPH. and you can make at least between 3 and 5times or more if you are able to be in time at "control checkpoint" for each stage and take YOUR own notes.
i think that some practice in RBR is really not bad :D and like we say everytime, it still a game and we are here for fun, on a different way for everyone... :D

Just on a side note: Falst II, it is not that the pace notes or the visual notes are wrong, I did Falstone (normal as such) and Faslt II uses the same visual and audial notes only in a reverse format, this is an issue as the reversed format of Falstone (Falst II) leaves you at different speeds and angles for corners than when going through Falstone (which is just common sense) The pace notes have not been built to compensate for this but can still be used to great effect if a little more caution is taken to driving the stage itself.

Just on a side note: Falst II, it is not that the pace notes or the visual notes are wrong, I did Falstone (normal as such) and Faslt II uses the same visual and audial notes only in a reverse format, this is an issue as the reversed format of Falstone (Falst II) leaves you at different speeds and angles for corners than when going through Falstone (which is just common sense) The pace notes have not been built to compensate for this but can still be used to great effect if a little more caution is taken to driving the stage itself.

They seem changed (although probably you're right that the creator started with reversing the Falstone I notes), just way in front most of the time. Just like I said before no corner is called wrong.

@Greg - yeah. In league no one argues, but the club was always way more loose and almost practice-free :). Nothing wrong with practicing of course, especially if one has to get used to the sim or the car, we just don't take most of those event very seriously and that's the charm. If anyone feels that he needs to be fastest - feel free. I have tons of fun when faster than a driver usually wiping the floor with me, not holding a grudge against faster drivers, no matter if it's pure talent or just memorization :).

SS1
Horrible. I haven't tested my installation, I only set up my controls 5 minutes before the rally...
Anyway, I had automatic gearbox in the stage. Got a false start as soon as I pressed the gas pedal. Had a roll in the middle, and a big off later. Couldn't shift to reverse, so had to call for help...

SS2
Fail again. At that big jump in the middle, and later in the forest. The steering is totally messed up, I forgot to backup my original settings...
Mildly annoyed, but nothing can be done now.

SS3
Call for help.

SS4
That brought a smile to my face. Very challenging, loved all the bumps. Went off the mountain once or twice.

SS5
Yet another idiotic steering response soon after the start. Gave up.

GLHF all

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back