Rally - "The Ashes 2" - Mon 3rd & Tues 4th January 2011

Great stuff! The FFB and physics is just superb! (last time I played I made a mistake when setting the FFB and it was soo much better now).

Somehow I managed to get through SS1 reasonably clean, but after that it went downhill:D Had some offs and retired one stage. But oh my god this was so much fun! Will definitely try to join some more rallies:good:

I had a good rally till stage 7, I lost concentration and I lost almost 2 minutes :S (2 rolls, 1 tree, 2 calls for help...)

Then in Mineshaft I take a lot of risk loool you should have seen my jump, I landed on my bumper and continued without it loool

I took 1 stage win (Greenhills) and I am happy with that, its my favorite stage.

In the end P3, so not bad for a rallynoob :)

But oh my god this was so much fun! Will definitely try to join some more rallies:good:

Good to see you an good you like it Big fun he?

My race not that good first St making lots mistakes
Falstone 2 problem with orientation
Chirdon 80% of the St only 3 th gear
Sweet L not loading
East W same prob. as Falstone ( have to pract with Fog)
New Bobs so so
Mineshaft 3 time driving it takes more practice

All an All a good experience, Thanks Senad an Warren an all the gues who race

i m over the moon. my 1st club race..... I ve used to online circuit racing (rfactor) but this is a whole new experience. Still many things need to learn, car setups, physic etc. thanks guys for allowing me to do some rallying with u guys. cheers

What a ride! I haven't really practiced (I joined one of Dariusz's session and sucked badly, 20s slower than him on each and every stage at least - part of it was exhaustion at that time, but I wasn't hoping for much), just enough to remember ONE place on New Bobs and barely made it to the start because of that (it was already the one-minute countdown before SS1).

I started reasonably, nothing too fast but no big mistakes either. Not surprisingly I was miles behind Simone and just a tad slower than the TBR guys. SS2 seen me understeer-oversteer into a group of spectators, missing them by around 10 centimeters or so. Another hour or two behind Simone then :].

I've put my soul into driving on Chird but it still wasn't enough. Pushed like hell on every stage in Ozzieland, which resulted in beating almost every PB there. That still wasn't fast enough (go only on 2nd place on E-W, I think), but the fact that I... <wait for it...> ... <wait for it...> haven't crashed once <tada!> allowed me to get the Euro 2nd today. Awesome! I still don't have the pace, but at least I was consisten today. I used to have neither, so it's a step forward :).

Pity that Senad lost his settings during the RSRBR update :(. At least the Euro turnout was MASSIVE (17 names, I think?). Good times :). Thanks for making it happen, guys.

We should put some balast into Simone's S2000 cars, he is way to fast in those :D. 207s seemed wild Today, and Ben was absolutely stunning. Either huge amounts of pre-event practice, massive talent or some combination of both :). I'm almost glad he crashed, never could've caught him otherwise ;P.

SS1 - Not too bad, a few spins and overshoots but no damage and not a horrible time... not crying yet.

SS2 - A bit too cautious and lost time, again with silly yet small errors. Pushed late on in the stage but it really was a case of too little too late. An ok drive but not good or fast enough for me.

SS3 - My chance to shine and do some damage. Thankfully, I did, bar overdoing a 90 right the stage was faultless, 3rd fastest overall and a little victory dance to go with :)

SS4 - (HATRED)

SS5 - Hmmmm... I wasn't doing well and continued to not, do well and didn't do well at all :L

SS6 - Still not brilliant but starting to find something similar to a rhythm that I had earlier on, may as well see if my form can try and return.

SS7 - WooHoo!!! I am back, ish. A good time and a clean (ish) run. I can't complain at this stage and wont, Sweet Lamb though (HATRED) *shakes fist*

SS8 - Wow... I didnt even expect to finish this stage, well I never had done before. Instead I go hell for leather as i get a good rythm again and there was my second 3rd in stage of the evening. Brilliant. Oh yeh! And i beat Ryan ;)

Brilliant event, huge fun... will I be swapping my group N impreza for a S2000 car... nooope :)

Oscar. (my replays coming soon)

Not even one retirement, but a couple of CFH. I guess I reached my target, not to be the last :) . I have more to learn but it seems right now that is impossible :). Great race, so many participants, I'm waiting events with less powerfull cars :) maybe there I won't be so far behind.

First rally experience for me was as expected or what i hoped for...downloaded the game a few days ago and i dont think i finished a SS so far (before this rally) without atleast call for help.Goal for the evening,try to be slower :) and it went well,kept in the middle with Oscar and someone called smooth just beeing off pace at 1 or 2 SS.Not a single call for help or retired stage :D Next time i have to step it up a notch :)
Finished 8 or 9th in the server i think.
Thx for a fun event.

Aside from a frustrating DNF on Stage 3, this was reasonable performance for me I feel. Not a big fan of these S2000 cars frankly - I found they are quite instable and don't suit my style so well.

SS1 - Not had much running in the car so I got off to a rather cautious start, but kept it fairly clean.
SS2 - Another reasonable clean one, but unspectacular.
SS3 - Disaster. Got about 5 coners in, thought how the car felt a little better in the wet and promptly slid wide gently into tree, which insta-killed the engine. :frown:
SS4 - Surprised how much bumpier this was than the BTB version, but got though ok.
SS5 - Starting to get the hang of the car and pushed more, but still off the pace.
SS6 - Rolled the car early in the stage, losing a little time. Also got too enthusiastic crossing the line at the end and killed the engine on a tree - just scraped my way to the finish point lol.
SS7 - Rolled the car near the beginning and had to call for help - annoying since I knew the corner was bad, slowed down and still hit the earth bank.
SS8 - An usually clean run through Mineshaft and extra cautious over the jump.

Thanks again to the organisers! Also thanks to the guys on TS who made it an enjoyable night.

Replays:
SS6: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/26049942/Ashes_SS6.rpl
SS7: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/26049943/Ashes_SS7.rpl
SS8: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/26049944/Ashes_SS8.rpl

Enjoyed myself - although got very frustrated by having to CFH so much :)

SS1 - know this stage OK, so wanted to do well. Aside from a strange stall costing me a few seconds, I did quite well, until my co-driver said stay left and I clipped a photographer :), so 30 seconds lost there.

SS2 - again had to call for help, and got stuck in 3rd gear after a slow-motion slide into a tree.

SS3 - was doing OK, until that bloody medium left after the very fast downhill, had to CFH.

SS4 - was doing OK, lost around 8 seconds with a mini roll at the start and was running OK, until hitting a bump slightly sideways and disappearing down the mountain, again a CFH

SS5 - the nadir of my run - had to CFH 5 times and ended up 3 minute down.

SS6 - never driven here before but put together a good run to wind up 5th, despite false starting.

SS7 - was running OK, but went far too fast, into some trees and got stuck in 3rd, having to CFH also. To add insult to injury, the last sector is very very fast and I was stuck in 3rd :)

SS8 - run here a couple of times before and did fairly well, winding up 4th.

Thanks to Senad and Warren, much enjoyable. Speed is OK, need to work on the instinct reaction to understeering and not get CFH's so often :). On the plus side, for the stages I didn't CFH on, I came 4th and 5th, and managed to finish every stage.

Not what i've hoped for with my drive tonight but happy nevertheless with my improving speed. Only 2 clean..ish stages and lots of off's elsewhere, just couldn't glue with the car for some reason:confused:.

ss.1: 3 x off
ss.2: engine stall & 1 off
ss.3: high speed meeting with a tree
ss.4: ok..ish
ss.5: ok..ish
ss.6: very clumsy low speed headon with a tree 10sec into the stage & only 2nd gear afterwards
ss.7: wilde & clumsy ride with some luck
ss.8: 3 x CFH, worst of them all

Finished 5th in EU but i was in strong 3rd only a few sec behind Ben until stage 6 and after ss.7 only 20sec behind Lukasz, still in 3rd due to Ben's misfortune:cool::wink:. But Mineshaft has sorted me out:rolleyes:. In my practice rallyes i managed 34:29:13 as my best and that would have given me 2nd tonight only IF i could have had repeat that:rolleyes:. Maybe next time:wink:.

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/26051904/A_ss3.rpl
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/26051905/A_ss7.rpl
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/26051906/A_ss8.rpl
Congrats to Simone, Lukasz & Ben, its been great fun:)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 80 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 56 20.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.5%