Rally - "The Ashes 2" - Mon 3rd & Tues 4th January 2011

Not a big fan of these S2000 cars frankly - I found they are quite instable and don't suit my style so well.
Funny, I drove the exact same car and I had to stiffen the real stabilizer to make it just a tad more tail happy and less "I'm a brick" understeery :).

SS8 - run here a couple of times before and did fairly well, winding up 4th.
Have you noticed how close we were throughout the stage? Something like +1.2, +0.06, +0.48 for me on the splits :D.

The start to SS1 will be counting down, then a chime with 10 seconds left, and a chime when the stage opens. The button to enter SS1 will change to a countdown with 60 seconds on it, you have to enter while the button is counting down like that. If you wait till after the countdown, you just missed SS1.

Thanks Aaron,

I was still not be able to join in with the first few stages, since it used to skip before I got the option of starting the stage within the specified time frame.

Ok, I got to know about the issue. I had not set my system time to GMT+1 & was still running with GMT+5.30 which happens about my time zone. Tried with +1 didn't work, so now that me setting it to GMT+5 & was able to do a test rally setup by one @abelaustegui I successfully did the test rally, so I must be able to join in the OC session without any issues.. Just keeping my fingers crossed!! :)

Ok, I got to know about the issue. I had not set my system time to GMT+1 & was still running with GMT+5.30 which happens about my time zone. Tried with +1 didn't work, so now that me setting it to GMT+5 & was able to do a test rally setup by one @abelaustegui I successfully did the test rally, so I must be able to join in the OC session without any issues.. Just keeping my fingers crossed!! :)

Ashok, you must have your timezone in the File/ Settings set up to your own timezone. Therefore, if your local time is GMT+5 hrs, then you must set your GMT/UTC Setting to +5. If you choose to set your GMT/UTC to +1 (some people do this to get around sync problems) then you must set your own PC clock to GMT +1 hrs as well..

I hope that helps.

Ashok, you must have your timezone in the File/ Settings set up to your own timezone. Therefore, if your local time is GMT+5 hrs, then you must set your GMT/UTC Setting to +5. If you choose to set your GMT/UTC to +1 (some people do this to get around sync problems) then you must set your own PC clock to GMT +1 hrs as well..

I hope that helps.

Oh!! I got it thanks Warren. Now I understand why I used to miss the first few stages, cos there is no +5.30 which happens to my timezone & I had set it to +5, so was the issue!

Thanks now I understand how it works pretty clearly! :)

And also I successfully did couple or more test rallies now & am sure with how to compete!! So:letsgoracing:

Ashes 2

For my first club Rally i am reasonably happy.
Finished all stages bar stage 2 where a tight left caught me out and i slid off into ......a tree,killing the car.
Having a bit of trouble getting the car turned in to the very tight corners and need to do some more practice on handbrake turns,but will get there. Very different to circuit racing but very challenging and so much fun...which is the main thing.:)
Have to listen a bit more and understand the pacenotes better,but my goal at the moment is to finish,hopefully the speed will come.
Thanks to everyone involved in putting the Rally on ...had fun.See you all at the next one.kev.

Its been my first club rally too Kevin :)

I foolishly missed the first stage (my mistake this time, was doing recce when the race was on.... oops!!) Killed a marshal on the second stage (my first stage). Loved the rest of them, but was experiencing fatigue over the last couple of stages as my fingers were getting numb (EDIT: my kb is my sim driving kit so... :tongue:)
I ignored the co-drivers call a few time & had to pay the price!!:eek:

What to say, LOVED IT TO THE CORE!!

EDIT2: BTW, where can I have a look at the results?

I really love to see so many participant now, remembering our first Club events with almost 10 participants :). Just love to see so many rally lovers (and RBR) :) in one place!!
Congrats in those who believed in the game (Warren :thanks:) and everybody who participated and will from now on!
PS: not to forget Seand and Rick!!! ;)

Good fun in the Oceania Rally, quite a good roll up and some close Stages. I managed a reasonably safe and steady run overall, with only a few smallish crashes. I did my best to push Rick all night and even managed a few Stage wins in our Group, but Rick was too consistent.
Well done Rick.
My worst stages were Falstone II, where I got caught by a tighter than expected turn, locked everything up in a panick brake, and slid off into the fields. My worst effort was the final Stage at good old Mineshaft, where I managed to smash into a tree on about turn 3 DOH!!! The car felt sick, but I drove the wheels off it trying to make up some time, resulting in missing one of the hairpins. DOH!!! again.

All in all, heaps of fun, I quite like these S2000 cars, you can push them harder with some confidence.

Thanks to Damien, Rick, Ashok, and Kevin for joining our session. As usual, TS was lots of laughs. :D

EDIT2: BTW, where can I have a look at the results?

Ashok, Senad will post the full results after everyone has run their Sessions. There is one more Session (EUX) to be run tomorrow morning our time.

Senad will post the final results in this thread.

I see that you are another keyboard driver. Yikes, I have no idea how you guys drive this game with a KB, let alone post those times. Amazing. :eek:

Ok, thanks Warren!!

KB... lol It was initial days of me driving myself crazy to master the keys (assigning various time in diff configurations) & having suffered from a lots of RSI, then finally managed to drive without crashing after a couple of months of dedicated RSI practice session... lol

I think you guys saying of the noise from my mic, could be from my driving. lol.. Please don't mind, I couldn't guess the noise which you guys tolerated of me.. Sorry!! Also I never knew that TeamSpeak was a voice chat!! I thought its only for type chatting! :)

S2000 cars really surprised me with the stable behaviour (except the Satria) which was like a cake walk compared to the Mitsu Evo's I used to drive & love.. Anyways I may not have the same timing with my Mitsu Evo9 in the RDRC, but practising & hoping for the best outcome.. I used to practice in Realistic mode to get to know about the severeness of any bangs.. lol

Just waiting for the timings to come out, I have done good driving in the Chirdonhead I guess, no glitches or errors, may be a little slower though!! Keeping my fingers crossed !!! :)

EDIT: How could I forget you guys for the company?? Damn!!

Thanks for everythingy guys!! It was an Honor competing against you all the gems in my first rally!! I will make sure I get the mic fixed for the next rally onwards (as I said earlier, never expected to literally speak via TeamSpeak!!)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.