Rally - "The Ashes 2" - Mon 3rd & Tues 4th January 2011

Thanks Warren, I was running 1280x1024 resolution which was the issue, when I downsized it to 1024x768, its working :D

EDIT: Also I want to know how you people manage to make the videos of the new stages that are not part of the Original RBR? Can anybody shed some light please!!

Ashok, I couldn't run the Sweet Lamb too, there are problems with it on Vista/7 sometimes. Setting the RichardBurnsRally_SSE.exe's compatibility to XP SP3 worked like a charm, now it runs without any issues.

The replays work when you set the RSCenter exactly the way it was on when you ran the stage and just push the "Launch RBR SSE" button, then load the replay. Apart from BTB stages ofc.

@Warren - you were right, the surface (and some roadside textures) were completely reworked in the 2.0 version. Now it's a completely different ride. Also nice time, I am barely keeping up in a WRC when I tried it. The sheer size of the Focus makes in tricky to drive in a few places. Also botching the brakings at hairpins (my usual trait) doesn't help too much either ;).

I've tried the Fiesta two days ago with Dariusz and man, does it handle differently after driving a WRC :p. I just couldn't brake, used to feathering the left pedal in the bigger Ford :D. Couldn't keep the S2000 on the road for longer than couple corners. It's gonna be a tough one.

I was also having the crash to desktop loading Sweet Lamb. What fixed it for me was changing:

UseSoftwareAudio = false
to
UseSoftwareAudio = true

in RichardBurnsRally.ini.

I wonder if this can help with any of the other freezing/crashing/sound issues we have seen?

Hmmnnn!!! Sounds like a few people having issues with this Stage. Lots of helpful fixes though. :good:
Strange that I was running it on a fairly old Win XP system without seeing any problem. :confused:

I'd suggest all drivers should try a test run with Sweet Lamb before the Rally.

Ashok, I couldn't run the Sweet Lamb too, there are problems with it on Vista/7 sometimes. Setting the RichardBurnsRally_SSE.exe's compatibility to XP SP3 worked like a charm, now it runs without any issues.

The replays work when you set the RSCenter exactly the way it was on when you ran the stage and just push the "Launch RBR SSE" button, then load the replay. Apart from BTB stages ofc.

Lukasz, Yes with setting the compatibility to XP, it works in the highest resolution for me in Win 7!!

I was also having the crash to desktop loading Sweet Lamb. What fixed it for me was changing:

UseSoftwareAudio = false
to
UseSoftwareAudio = true

in RichardBurnsRally.ini.

I wonder if this can help with any of the other freezing/crashing/sound issues we have seen?

Tried, but this didn't work for my problem with the highest resolution (ie, 1280x1024), Aaron!!

So this says that the issue is definitely with the compatibility! :) Finally what I did was trying with the XP compatibility to the RSCenter, RBR Original game's all version (Original, SSE, NoSSE)!

I think whoever gets into this kinda issue can try doing the same before downsizing the resolution!!

and thanks for the support guys!!

This is a really strange one. I have now installed everything into my Win 7 PC, and Sweet Lamb runs ok still for me. Using 1920 x 1200 resolution and no need to use Win XP compatibility mode. :confused:

Works OK here, thankfully. But holy s.... I had to hang on for dear life round there.

On another note I'm not guaranteed to be there now, have company and I'm not sure she appreciates rallying, gutted after all the effort I out in to get it working. Hope I can make it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.8%