Overall Rally Results

20110103rdrallytheashes.png

Congrats Simone, Lukasz and Rick :good:

Stage wins
Simone Demi: 6 stage wins :star::star::star::star::star::star:
Ben Buitendijk: 1 stage win :star:
Dariusz Swiderski: 1 stage win :star:

Seems like Simone is untouchable in these S2000 cars :trophy:
It was a nice day out for the "newbies", congrats to Ben for a great finish :good:
6 different cars in the top 7 spots.

Aaaand, no more comments from me, I'm late for my GTL event :D

Thanks to Warren for setting everything up, and to everyone that showed up :thanks:
See you all next week :parrot:

If anyone has any replays they'd like to share, please send them to senad.subasic@gmail.com, or upload them on www.speedyshare.com

Click on the attached thumbnail for a better view.

Attachments

• 20110103rdrallytheashes.png
    20110103rdrallytheashes.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 226
Wow, first up, I'd like to say "What a way to kick off our new 2011 Rally Club" . 23 drivers is an all time record entry list, and it was chock full of talented drivers, from our regular Rally stars to new and very fast entrants from various circuit racing sims. And some of our Rally aliens weren't there for this one.
It's going to be tough to make a podium this year I think, but it is so great to see our Rally Club looking strong. Thanks to all who joined us. :thanks:

Congratulations to Simone, yet another dominant performance in these S2000 cars, he has certainly unlocked the secret to driving these little rockets. Well done to Lukasz and Rick for the podium, but you are going to need exceptional driving to keep these new aliens at bay, once they get a little more experience.
Also amazing is the very little red ink in this one, considering so many new drivers. Maybe we need to crank up the difficulty a little next time, :evil laugh: :wink::tongue::D

Big welcome to our new drivers having their debut runs: Ben, Greg, Mikael, Kevin, Ashok, Azrin, Harald, Knut, hope you all had fun.

Huge thanks to Senad for the Server and Results Compiling which becomes a bigger job with a big grid like this. :thanks:

Hope to see you all next week, it will be in something a little more powerful. :cool:

!%(%$#^(*#$ Warren, less than 2 tenths at the end of the rally seperating us ;) :D

I am pretty happy, I wanted to win Greenhills which I did, and if I didn't loose concentration in stage 7 I would have almost surely been 2nd...

!%(%$#^(*#$ Warren, less than 2 tenths at the end of the rally seperating us ;) :D
Yeah!! :tongue: And I made a hash of Mineshaft about 2 secs after the start :redface:, but that is Rallying for you. You were clearly faster though (as usual :wink:) so you deserved the higher spot.

I am pretty happy, I wanted to win Greenhills which I did, and if I didn't loose concentration in stage 7 I would have almost surely been 2nd...
That is the challenge of this Sim though, it only takes one tiny mistake and the impact on your overall result can be huge. We have all learned that the hard way, but that is what makes Rallying with RBR such a tense, demanding, but brilliant experience. :rally::ups:

But it wasn't 1 tiny mistake :p I was 3 call for helps, 2 rolls and 1 time against a tree xD

But you are right, you can win 7 stages and retire the last one and there goes your result... :)

I think I'll do WRC in the championship, I think I have the pace and I think it's more fair to the 'regular' guys

No "woulding" when I'm around! What if you'd get cocky and crash out on Mineshaft instead then, eh? :] As the saying goes: "To finish first, first you have to finish" (and this comes from ME, oh the irony :D).

But I understand, was in this spot once or twice (first Volvo event, anyone? ;)).

And the results: SWEEEEET!. Seeing the TBR crew plotting their evil training plans I was setting my mind on finishing outside the top 10, just tried to practice concentration and focus on tackling the car and nothing else. I absolutely love the fact that I was so close with Rick throughout the event, exchanging a few seconds back and forth. What's more I wasn't miles behind in Australia, contrary to previous events, despite pretty much no training there in any car, maybe I'll be able to overcome my down-under deamons then :). <and, quoting a certain fellow Rally Club driver: "take that, practicing!" :]>

Without any false humbleness I must say I'm pretty damn proud of myself (and Rick for defending the "a-bit-slower" guys honor with me :)), also glad that Simone is standing strong and won't let the alien invasion win easily, although podiums soon are bound to swarm with TBR before we know it. Fantastic job everyone, both organizers (hats off to Warren and Senad for the solid job up as always) and every single one who started. Without you racing there wouldn't be as rewarding :).

EDIT: Oh, and by the way: don't you just wish that the GPCOS had RBR support right now (even if it had to be entered manually)? So many ranking points here... :D

You're making me feel uneasy with all those slightly negative posts about our TBR training Lukasz. I put considerable amount of my time persuading my team mates to join our RC for one purpose alone; for them to have fun with this great game, not to dominate the club. I really like the casual atmosphere we have here & all this training we're doing is to get a bit more familiar with the stages, and have fun at the same time.
Of course we all are competitive guys and everybody wants to win but not at all costs. It isn't my intention to change the fabric of our club, only to get as many guys as i can to join in the fun. The more the better, right?

BTW: there will be another 2 guys ( not from TBR ) joining us soon for some rallies, i've just helped them to install the game yesterday. And they ain't aliens :)

Keep recruiting Dariusz, you and the TBR are doing a good job and are most welcome. There are no problems with having more high quality drivers in our Club, it will probably inspire some others to lift their standards.

With a high number of regular drivers (at various levels of performance), it might even open up some new ideas to organise things here, maybe even help various drivers be more competitive with their own classes. I've had thoughts before but the numbers haven't justified it.
Only wild ramblings in my mind so far though. :wink:

The more the merrier! I think it is great to have all the new people come over and slog thru the mud with us! I hope we can get even more people and start talking about a three tiered championship again. Especially now that competition is heating up.

I am not going to lie, seeing a group of accomplished sim racers come in with the enthusiasm TBR has is intimidating. I know the first thing I thought of was "well, I just slipped 5 places overall in each rally". But that is a part of racing, any good league is going to attract strong competition, and I see the faster drivers coming in as a sign that RD Rally Club is doing things right.

I cannot blame you for wanting to "recce" the stages, many of us have run these stages over and over and it is not fair for us to say you cannot become familiar with them as well. But I can see some defensiveness because that stage familiarity is the only advantage the slower drivers have until the fast drivers get up to speed. Perhaps two tiered club rallies might help with this feeling?

I see the tension as nothing more than growing pains, but no matter how fast or slow, more drivers are always a good thing.

Keep recruiting Dariusz, you and the TBR are doing a good job and are most welcome. There are no problems with having more high quality drivers in our Club, it will probably inspire some others to lift their standards.

With a high number of regular drivers (at various levels of performance), it might even open up some new ideas to organise things here, maybe even help various drivers be more competitive with their own classes. I've had thoughts before but the numbers haven't justified it.

I cannot blame you for wanting to "recce" the stages, many of us have run these stages over and over and it is not fair for us to say you cannot become familiar with them as well. But I can see some defensiveness because that stage familiarity is the only advantage the slower drivers have until the fast drivers get up to speed. Perhaps two tiered club rallies might help with this feeling?

I see the tension as nothing more than growing pains, but no matter how fast or slow, more drivers are always a good thing.

Just to add..

I think the practice to win notion in the context of rally, is a non-issue imho, there's just to many variables in every stage/rally to practice for and get 100% right.
(yes i do know who Sebb Loeb is :wink:)

Yes stage knowledge is an advantage and memorization will serve you well with the more difficult bit's of a stage, but if your not in tune with the limit's of both your car and your limits as a driver then i think stage practice will not increase your chances of winning if that's your goal?

Personally i practice for consistency (consistently finishing :wink:), it's more important than out right speed i think, i get more satisfaction diving to just under the limits and bringing the car home in one piece.

Great effort spreading the word Dariusz, keep it going! good to have the TBR crew join us.

I'm sorry that I came out as negative even in the latest posts, Dariusz. Right now it's just humorous ramblings, just wanting to excuse myself for not being fast enough. You can practice, even should if that's how you like your sims, nothing wrong with that. I'm just gonna be even happier every time I'm going to be close to matching your and other "aliens" pace. It just some adjustment pains and right now if I was to be critical about training don't take it seriously and be sure I'm winking while writing it :).

Also more fast guys in league means a possibility for a "fast N4" class (or something similar) in RDRC and that's extremely good too. I don't want to be considered a fast guy anymore and you can make me an underdog again :D.

Can anyone check if any of these replays work for you?

Nope. neither work for me. It may have something to do with the latest Update for RSRBR2011 being released since the replays were made. The Skoda Evo 2 was "fixed" but don't know about the Ford.
For me, the Ford replay immediately dumps me back to the main RSRBR screen, and the Skoda replay loads but won't run.

EDIT: The Ford replay is only 2kb, so it is not downloading fully for me. I've tried several times and always only 2 kb, despite the file size indicating much larger before downloading.

Nope. neither work for me. It may have something to do with the latest Update for RSRBR2011 being released since the replays were made. The Skoda Evo 2 was "fixed" but don't know about the Ford.
For me, the Ford replay immediately dumps me back to the main RSRBR screen, and the Skoda replay loads but won't run.

Yup, exactly the same thing for me. Cheers Warren, and sorry Ashok...

I'll try to see how many replays are left, if there are just a handful, I guess I'll scratch the video.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.