Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

In regards to porting cars from Forza apex or AC why not just have the cars come with a disc check similar to the one JDoug uses with the Shift2 converts? Or is that some legal red line that's not going to work with those two sources?

Well I can't really find any recent upload rules for RaceDepartment, and I rather upload it to many places rather than just NoGrip. CD Check is a good idea but at the end of the day, I don't really see the point on how it makes it better. Maybe I'll just release them and if they get taken down, so be it.

Pcars1 had the c9 Sauber which was ace but nothing else really in its class.... ok the BMW but that was it. The C9 v any of the modern LMP1 cars that the game puts in the same race class is ridiculous.

In regards to porting cars from Forza apex or AC why not just have the cars come with a disc check similar to the one JDoug uses with the Shift2 converts? Or is that some legal red line that's not going to work with those two sources?
AC ownership check is easy enough to implement. The only issue is with all of the updates, which could break the ownership check (the check looks at specific files in the game folder).

Forza 6 Apex and FH3 ownership checks wouldn't be so easy for the person installing, because they would have to take ownership of the app folder for Windows. That can lead to breaking the function of some apps. For this, we'd just have to upload to some hosting site and give people links to download.

@LamboMantisMan23
Ok...was looking over your list of cars and how Didouc had classed cars in his mod. Road A1 Class is basically cars that don't quite fit into GT1X class. So, here are my thoughts...
Ferrari FxxK = GT1X

Ferrari Fxx = GT1X

Ferrari 599XX Evo = GT1X

Mclaren P1 GTR = GT1X

Aston Martin Vulcan = GT1X

Lambo Sesto Elemental = Road A1

Mclaren SLR 722 GT = Road A1

Porsche 918 RSR Concept = Road A1 or GT1X...would have to test the car against others to really know

Maserati MC12 Corsa = Road A1 or GT1X...would have to test the car against others to really know

Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG 003 C = GT1X if going with 800hp version

Basically, if the HP falls below 800hp, the car falls into a grey area between choosing Road A1 and GT1X.

@JDougNY

Sounds good, my only issue is that we are putting these cars in Road A1, which would mean they are road legal, which none of them are, and are much quicker than the holy trinity. Hence why I think we should have a GT1X or a Road X.

So the classes would be as follows:

GT1X
- McLaren P1 GTR
- Ferrari FXX K
- Aston Martin Vulcan
- SCG 003 C
- Pagani Zonda Revolucion
- Pagani Zonda R
- Ruf CTR3 SMS-R
- Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione
- Ferrari FXX Evoluzione

I think that is an awesome selection for that class. Maybe too many Ferrari's :O_o:

GT2X/Road X
- Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
- Mercedes McLaren SLR722 GT
- Porsche 918 RSR Concept
- Maserati MC12 Corsa
- SCG P4/5 Competizione
- Lamborghini Gallardo Super Trofeo
- Pagani Zonda LM-R Ragno
- Praga R1R

Road A1
- McLaren P1
- Ferrari LaFerrari
- Porsche 918
- Lamborghini Aventador SV
- McLaren 688HS
- Gumpert Apollo S
- Lykan HyperSport
- Ruf CTR3 Clubsport
- Pagani Huayra BC
- Lamborghin Huracan Performante
- Dodge Viper ACR

And so on....

Let me know if this is good in your eyes too. I know the FXX based on the Enzo was found in the NFS Shift 1 DLC but maybe we'd have to go for a newer model like Forza. Up to you if you want to split the work or do your own thing with GT4 and stuff.

Last edited:
@LamboMantisMan23
I think the first thing is whether or not Didouc is going to continue to support his Car class mod, or if he wants somebody else to take over (giving him credit, of course).

Your list looks good, with my only concern being that Lambo Sesto Elemental. The Elemental only has 570ps for power, but is lightweight. The car would be slaughtered on the faster tracks, but would probably be competitive on shorter/technical tracks.

GVSE and I are both putting together cars now, due to moving into source models that require more time to put together. So.....how about this as a start for me....I would work out the following cars...
2016 Aston Martin Vulcan (model from FH3)
SCG 003 C (model from AC)
2004 Maserati MC12 Corsa (model from FH3)
2016 Dodge Viper ACR (model from FH3)

There might be wiper issues on one of the cars, but I'll check first before putting any work into the conversion.

If you could reply with the list of cars you have as w.i.p. and what you plan to work on next. That would ensure that we don't duplicate any cars.

@LamboMantisMan23
I think the first thing is whether or not Didouc is going to continue to support his Car class mod, or if he wants somebody else to take over (giving him credit, of course).

Your list looks good, with my only concern being that Lambo Sesto Elemental. The Elemental only has 570ps for power, but is lightweight. The car would be slaughtered on the faster tracks, but would probably be competitive on shorter/technical tracks.

GVSE and I are both putting together cars now, due to moving into source models that require more time to put together. So.....how about this as a start for me....I would work out the following cars...
2016 Aston Martin Vulcan (model from FH3)
SCG 003 C (model from AC)
2004 Maserati MC12 Corsa (model from FH3)
2016 Dodge Viper ACR (model from FH3)

There might be wiper issues on one of the cars, but I'll check first before putting any work into the conversion.

If you could reply with the list of cars you have as w.i.p. and what you plan to work on next. That would ensure that we don't duplicate any cars.

Yes, the Sesto seems tricky, but I am sure we can sort it out somewhere. And maybe we could just fix up Didouc's MC12 GT1 he did for MDMT and turn it into the non-homologated version? 3D is pretty much the same I believe, but then maybe you want a higher res model in game. Well my personal WIP stuff from other games goes like this:

Sesto Elemento (model from FM4 with self modelled engine and so on)
Porsche 918 (model from AC, work w/ Robillard3381)
Remodding of the P1 GTR (model from AC)
Huracan Performante (modelled parts by me, base model FH3)
Aventador SV (model from AC, pretty much done, w/ Robillard3381)
Chiron (model from CSR2, w/ Robillard3381)

Future stuff includes cars not on the list of classes I put up apart from maybe the P4/5 Competizione

So our lists kind of work out perfectly!

Last edited:
And for people who want some photos, have some of these:

af2effba_o.jpeg

2d1ea9ef_o.jpeg

7b2e0e00_o.jpeg

2ae4c1cd_o.jpeg

d08f3be0_o.jpeg
8ef8e6ef_o.jpeg

e2cf4cca_o.jpeg

f07a8643_o.jpeg

fb882132_o.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok I didn't know that disc check programmes for mod cars looked for specific details like that, I really thought they simply looked for the executable. Then again I've never used one because I've never really wanted to download road cars. Sorry if my thought caused any inconvenience

@LamboMantisMan23
I can become maintainer of the Car Class mod...unless you really want to..lol
A lot of this seems like prep work for pCars2, seeing as it will release in the near future.
Here are my thoughts on this...
Some people won't want to use the car class mod. With that in mind, each car that is released should be classed/grouped using the original classes/groups in pCars. It wouldn't be right to release a car and force the user to use the car class mod against their will. The person releasing a car can inform me (if I don't notice myself) and let me know what class the car should fit into for the car class mod. I would then revise the car class mod, and for the people that use that mod, would have the car in the intended class.

@LamboMantisMan23
I can become maintainer of the Car Class mod...unless you really want to..lol
A lot of this seems like prep work for pCars2, seeing as it will release in the near future.
Here are my thoughts on this...
Some people won't want to use the car class mod. With that in mind, each car that is released should be classed/grouped using the original classes/groups in pCars. It wouldn't be right to release a car and force the user to use the car class mod against their will. The person releasing a car can inform me (if I don't notice myself) and let me know what class the car should fit into for the car class mod. I would then revise the car class mod, and for the people that use that mod, would have the car in the intended class.

That sounds like a good way to do it, and it's all yours to work on.

Does this mean you will be moving some cars down in class and so on?

That sounds like a good way to do it, and it's all yours to work on.

Does this mean you will be moving some cars down in class and so on?
Well...I would need to review what was done by Didouc...could be some adjustments up and down.
When dealing with multi-class, I think we agree to this??
- Track day cars would only choose between track day tiers
- Road cars would only choose between Road tiers
- GT1X & GT2X/RoadX would only race with each other

No race spec cars will mix in, which was something that was happening in the original class mod.

@JDougNY Totally agree on that.

However my only concern is at the moment we aren't adding any classes, more just rearranging them, which doesn't add a very big plus to downloading the mod. I know we don't want to force people to download it if we don't them to, but in the end, I don't see a plus unless we supply two CRDs or something, but then it gets complicated. But if we are adding GT2X/Road X, then people would need to download the mod for GT2X cars anyway? Something doesn't make sense in my opinion.

I do like how you are organising the Vehicle Shapes though.

Personal I don't have any objection about a car class mod, I think it's a good idea to bring more cars into specific class where their have to be. I speaking for my self, but I think (or I hope) a lot of people would embrance car class mod without any inconvenience!

@LamboMantisMan23
The initial work done to car class mod groups the cars a bit better. Two performance tiers each for A, B and C class (Track day breaks out into more).

What I was getting at in my prior post was this....
I release Lotus 2 Eleven as class Road "B" for all to download. In the car class mod, I include a CRD that puts the car into a "Track Day" class.

You release Lambo Sesto Elemento as "Road A" for all to download (Road A is best fit). In the car class mod, I include a CRD that puts the car into "GT2X/RoadX".

Maybe this car class mod should be put on the back burner for now...until there are some cars to push the GT2X/RoadX issue.

@JDougNY
That sounds like a good idea. I understand what you mean now and what your plan was.

I think we should at least get the current releases sorted out and sorting vanilla cars too. We can still organise Road A1 and A2 and GT1X and so on. My P1 GTR though has pretty terrible physics and can't keep up with GT1X, and I'm not a physics guy, nor do I have anyone to do it, so I'm a bit screwed there, as it's the only complete competitor in GT1X at the moment ready for release.

But I do like where it's going. I guess we just need to create a spreadsheet or something and have a definitive idea of everything. I'm happy to do that if you want to discuss it in PMs or on Skype or something?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back