PC1 Project CARS is very good SIM

Hey,

I have been sim racing since my 16 (now 28), TOCA Race driver, richard burns rally with my brand new Logitech Momo, I have played almost all race/rally game out there.
Rfactor, GTR 1/2, Race 07, all the colin, GT Legends, F1 2010-2011, IRacing, you name it.

I have bought rFactor 2 and CARS, and I have to say they bought feel realy good, but the looks and sound of CARS are amazing! Its almost like real.
What I also like is that every week you get a new build and its is better and better each time.

Believe me its becoming the best sim game out there ever!

If you like to drive on pc and have a good wheel just try it your self, its only 10€ for Junior memeber ship, thats cheap : http://forum.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php

http://forum.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php

I guess that's the goal for SMS now. However I question that they'll achieve that level of quality GT5 and Forza have to offer since both titles have come a long way and can look back to more then one successful installment upon which their gameplay has more or less improved. Pcars has no (successful) predecessors.

Or simply its (more or less direct) predecessor Race Driver, especially Race Driver 3, which is a bit more focussed on professional motorsports then GRID and very good track selection and amount ;) GRID focussed a bit more on action which I'm not sure is planned here (just if not, someone better tell the AIs)

Has nobody said the obvious here? They're aiming to have an accessible sim; one with the accessibility of GT5 and Forza4 but with the sim physics and feel of iRacing, GTR2, etc. This should shock no one as that's what Assetto Corsa is aiming to do as well with its limited UI and easy to play mentality (judging by Kunos' past games and recent articles).

Read the threads about FFB and Physics on the forum and you'll know SMS isn't messing around. Physics are hard to judge without communicative FFB and that's been lacking overall as they tinker with everything. That being said, there are FFB Tweaker files (Game Controller sub-forum) that are extremely good overall.

I started sim racing in 2009....but I do own

For me at least, the two most convincing sims are RACE07+Evo and Game Stock Car, but that's based off the physics, FFB and overall controllability, which I always thought was the most obvious way to judge a sim....
i see that some peaople say only rfactor is good..race 07 ...is **** for them ..so evrything is subject..for me also race 07 ...for now...in future i hope PC...

Hmm i dont know whay we compare here pcars with other games..i mean its not finish...we only can say what is good for now or bad..without comaparation..for me race 07 is still numero uno..someone will say rfactor is one..i dont like it..0 feel...but that we can compare..project what will be finish i hope in next 6 months...we cant...for now in my opinion they go in right way to be a great sim (great team from almost all simbin sim)..every weeks (last month was every day because MP) is better and better with new builds so you can see people work something.....tyers have only few paramters for now..maybe 17% of what will have ..i mean all game is finish 15%....they say it will be true simulation ...one for guys with console one with pc..i am not defending i just say it have a chance...not compare to other games..

Finished or not but its available to "public" so in my oppinion its fair to compare it to other sims. As far as I know Iracing is still adjusting their physics and tires. Should we call it alpha or beta because of that so it would not be fair to compare it to other sims ?. ;)

Developers can promise you the moon but there no quarantee that they can fullfill their promise.
Only way to see if you like it is to try it. :)
You never know that future brings.....

Finished or not but its available to "public" so in my oppinion its fair to compare it to other sims. As far as I know Iracing is still adjusting their physics and tires.
As a comparison iRacing already has it's core physics working and all the features implemented, whilst pCARS still hasn't a big part of it's components deployed. The proper Carcass model is still underway, tyre temperatures, wear and flatspotting are yet to be done, and most importantly it's not yet really balanced at all. All they've currently got is a sneak peek of the new patch model. It absolutely should be reviewed, but it's not representative of what the actual game will be.

It's like saying you should already compare the career mode of the game against other games when it's not even in the game yet.

Also, congrats on winning the Thrusmaster Pad, Dubravko!

Finished or not but its available to "public" so in my oppinion its fair to compare it to other sims. As far as I know Iracing is still adjusting their physics and tires. quote]
I expect also that from pcars...forever upgrades :))..never will be 100% finish. But if you wont to compare iracing with little modification and pcars who now have maybe 3-4 parmaters for tyers...and in end will have 22-24...its not real. :)

Hey,

I have been sim racing since my 16 (now 28), Its almost like real.
Believe me its becoming the best sim game out there ever! http://forum.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php

Welcome.
Have another...
Mount-Gay-Rum.jpg

i see that some peaople say only rfactor is good..race 07 ...is **** for them ..so evrything is subject..for me also race 07 ...for now...in future i hope PC...

I don't have rf1, and I'm glad I don't, as rf2 is a joke atm, and it's probably just as bad in rf1 with more work to set up cars/FFB etc.

Re-Pcars, I couldn't be bothered to dl the latest build.
I'm not hopeful about pcars becoming a sim, it's moreso whether it can become a decent racing game.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back