PC1 Project CARS is very good SIM

Hey,

I have been sim racing since my 16 (now 28), TOCA Race driver, richard burns rally with my brand new Logitech Momo, I have played almost all race/rally game out there.
Rfactor, GTR 1/2, Race 07, all the colin, GT Legends, F1 2010-2011, IRacing, you name it.

I have bought rFactor 2 and CARS, and I have to say they bought feel realy good, but the looks and sound of CARS are amazing! Its almost like real.
What I also like is that every week you get a new build and its is better and better each time.

Believe me its becoming the best sim game out there ever!

If you like to drive on pc and have a good wheel just try it your self, its only 10€ for Junior memeber ship, thats cheap : http://forum.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php

http://forum.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php

I don't have rf1, and I'm glad I don't, as rf2 is a joke atm, and it's probably just as bad in rf1 with more work to set up cars/FFB etc.

Re-Pcars, I couldn't be bothered to dl the latest build.
I'm not hopeful about pcars becoming a sim, it's moreso whether it can become a decent racing game.
I left rFactor2 6 month ago because of the G27 problems, now I'm back with a T500rs.
The Megane at Sebring is the best sim experience I had in years.

As for pCars, I play it every new build every friday until I have to brake for the first corner, close the game and continu with rFactor2 and RRRE.

Spent hours installing, updating, patching and so on and on and on to play it for 10minutes before regretting the whole thing again.
Will keep testing as the builds come and hope that things will improve in the handling department. After all, that's what driving is all about

Got to admit, I too feel the same. It's worse now for me than may builds ago. I can only hope.

I know it's pre-alpha.
I get that.
The mark of any good simracing game however, is how it represents itself initially.
We are now at build 375, can anybody tell me why SMS still have not yet addressed the poor body reaction in this game?. That is afterall at the core of the thing.
If you look at the way cars react to left and right steering input or bumps and curbing, you just walk away shaking your head. It looks incredibly 'silly'. It's as if the cars have no mass. They just 'wobble' from side to side. The frequency is all wrong. SMS really needs to address that aspect...and sooner than later.
It's turned off a lot of my friends who would have otherwise purchased the game based on the other features.
I try every new build in hope of seeing at least an attempt at a fix. It doesn't have to be perfect at this point, just something...anything.
I swear, I run about one lap every Friday with it before the disappointment sets in at which point I 'shelve' it and continue to wait for the next update. It's disappointing to not have that aspect looked at by now.

It sounds like the folks running "one lap to test" are waiting for their favorite car to be "fixed" to what, in their opinion the real car should be like.
It takes me a few hours with the thing every friday in different cars at different tracks then an hour or so on the WMD forums reading about the changes then back into the game to form a valid opinion.

Just saying.

It sounds like the folks running "one lap to test" are waiting for their favorite car to be "fixed" to what, in their opinion the real car should be like.
It takes me a few hours with the thing every friday in different cars at different tracks then an hour or so on the WMD forums reading about the changes then back into the game to form a valid opinion.

Just saying.

I get your point, but if something is fundamentally wrong or missing with the vehicle behaviour you don't even need one lap.

To Terry Rock, I feel your pain and can only assume it's not been worked on yet and hopefully there will be big improvements made to how the cars respond in those situations.

Just saying.

Honestly, you don't need that long.

I do not understand why you are posting a video of someone else's opinion from what build?

I was thinking you guys were part of this project to provide feedback, to make a better product.
Looks like some of you have other motives.

No, you only need seconds to find the problems with project cars especially when almost every problem is documented and discussed in detail by multiple users on the WMD and other forums.

Try spending more time with it rather than 10 min, you can not justify any opinion with just 10 min.

I do not understand why you are posting a video of someone else's opinion from what build?.

I was thinking you guys were part of this project to provide feedback, to make a better product.
Looks like some of you have other motives.

No, you only need seconds to find the problems with project cars especially when almost every problem is documented and discussed in detail by multiple users on the WMD and other forums.

Try spending more time with it rather than 10 min, you can not justify any opinion with just 10 min.

Mark Quigley....Seriously?

I think you are rather presumptuous... coming here accusing me of having an agenda.
I found a video...it supported my exact opinion...I posted the link to see what others thought.
It's as simple as that. "No smoking gun."
Now let's examine your complaints in detail;
To the question of helping build a better product through feedback;
I once respectfully offered a few suggestions at WMD's forum..not opinions, suggestions.
I really thought I was contributing something to further the project. A moderator basically told me to keep my suggestions to myself. His 'super' moderator buddy then proceeded to hand me an infraction for questioning why he felt the need to chastise me for trying to help. It was rather disgusting watching the two high-five each other. I simply have no reason to go there offering anything, given my experience.
Quite frankly, Pcars though billed as a community project, seem to already have it's 'path' set.
The harsh reality is that contrary to popular belief, 'regular' voices don't seem to count. It appears to be just a ploy to get members of the simracing community to support it, by being made to feel they're more involved in the process than they really are.
As to the test; I think I give it more than ample time each week.
I drive a performance car everyday. I still kart multiple times per month.
I think by now I should know how it's supposed to react and feel.
Finally, you don't get to come here accusing me of anything without knowing facts...all the facts.

Sorry to hear that Terry. I've been on the Project since Day1 and have gotten along fine with the developers, helping them fix bugs etc.

Especially these days the physics guys (AJ/Casey) have been really open with the members on physics topics (what's possible, what's not possible and why) and the tyre models.

I drive a car every day too

My point is not much more complicated than backing up a negative opinion with 10min game time every friday is, at best, very weak.
My point also has nothing to do with an unplesant experience you had on the WMD forums.
I am not accusing anyone of having an agenda, I am accusing people of acting like the have.

Mark Quigley
Did you even review your latest post..OR.. are you just posting for the sake of posting?
You and I clearly differ on the context of what a negative statement is.
It seems some guys want to call any highlighted deficiencies by others, "a negative opinion".
That's not what it's all about. It's about highlighting aspects so WMD or ISI can fix them for a better product overall.
I don't see anything wrong or negative with the preview.
The link was put there so you could see the car's reaction to inputs.
The previewer clearly stated that it was not a review and pointed out several deficiencies...in both titles.
As to the unpleasant experience... It can't be separated. It was afterall garnered while giving positive suggestions at WMD's forum. You'd have to be clueless to think anything else.
I have nothing more to say to you on this topic, You have your opinion and I have mine.

I post feedback whenever I can, some things have changed for the better but others haven't yet. There really seems little point posting about the same issues every week, it gets repetitive and doesn't achieve much at all, the devs are aware it's just a case of waiting to see if things improve, the clock is ticking.

I think that is part of why some people don't spend much time with the game - the weekly changes at this point are really more like "micro" improvements and focus on a few aspects. For the most part, it seems like little progress is made although, I know they are working hard. Especially where physics are concerned, it may take one step forward and two steps back at times - even then, no two people may have the same opinion of what feels right.

In terms of the physics and handling, I think it's best to leave that to real-life race drivers to judge. The rest of us can only compare the results with other sims or limited RL driving of passenger cars and the latter is apples to oranges. If they try to please everyone, the game will never be done.

Game development takes lots and lots of time and most people don't have the patience for it. Add to that the complexity of making any racing sim - let alone this one, and you have a formula for more than a few unhappy followers.

I
In terms of the physics and handling, I think it's best to leave that to real-life race drivers to judge.

IOW, you're an investor who doesn't want any negative feedback.
People judge and can judge realism all the time, doesn't mean we're totally correct, but this idea of silence is bogus.
Good news for those only concerned with money, pcars should quite easily be better than Shift1/2, and maybe even F1 2012, but to suggest it's a sim at this stage is outright ridiculous.

I've just recently gotten back into driving on Pcars. As a m8 who plays it all the the time kept on bugging me to try it again.
So we tried various tracks, with various cars. And I have to be honest, the game was confusing to say the least. Some of the cars seem to have grip, where there is meant to be grip, and others felt I was driving on ice.I am using a wheel with pedals.
Also as an owner of Shift 1 & 2, I said to him on TS, that all the cars feel as though I'm steering from the middle of the car. The same as the other 2 games. If Pcars is going down this route, then I'm afraid this isn't going to be a sim. I found it very frustrating to say the least.
I know this is still in alpha/beta (you can make your own minds up about what stage the development is in), but I would have thought that common sense would suggest that you get the physics correct 1st and the graphics 2nd. As this is the period in which testers really shouldn't care that much about how pretty a game looks. But how it feels to drive. Being this is meant to be about driving!
I do own rf1 & 2, Gtr1&2, Geoff Crammond's GP4 and few more. Although this doesn't make me an expert (which I'm definitely not), but just from experiencing these other driving games. They have allowed me to experience various forms of this game we all love to do. And therefore hopefully put an opinion across that makes some sort of sense.

Also as an owner of Shift 1 & 2, I said to him on TS, that all the cars feel as though I'm steering from the middle of the car.
but I would have thought that common sense would suggest that you get the physics correct 1st and the graphics 2nd. As this is the period in which testers really shouldn't care that much about how pretty a game looks. But how it feels to drive. Being this is meant to be about driving!

I agree with you on the first point. Sometimes it feels as if the car is pivoting around the center.
But in fact they don't. If you want to test it yourself, you can change to freecam and look high" above on the top of the car. If you drive now a circle you can see that there is no pivot point.

What I feel is that there something wrong with inertia. You can turn in with the cars so fast as if they have no mass on the front. this would make you feel a pivot point. It can be recognized especially if you drive a car with high mass.
There is a discussion about this topic on the wmd forum. Hopefully the devs can solve it.

On your second point you are wrong, because sms contains a art- team and a physics- team. It's not like LFS where only a few devs doing art and physics work. So it would be a bit odd, if the art-team start workting when the physics guys are finished.

Greets Manuel

ps. excuse me for my bad english;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back