PC1 Project CARS is very good SIM

Hey,

I have been sim racing since my 16 (now 28), TOCA Race driver, richard burns rally with my brand new Logitech Momo, I have played almost all race/rally game out there.
Rfactor, GTR 1/2, Race 07, all the colin, GT Legends, F1 2010-2011, IRacing, you name it.

I have bought rFactor 2 and CARS, and I have to say they bought feel realy good, but the looks and sound of CARS are amazing! Its almost like real.
What I also like is that every week you get a new build and its is better and better each time.

Believe me its becoming the best sim game out there ever!

If you like to drive on pc and have a good wheel just try it your self, its only 10€ for Junior memeber ship, thats cheap : http://forum.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php

http://forum.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php

The AUDI R18 is still a bit weird, I think. I've been doing a lot of laps around Road America in Race07 recently (using the R15) and it's like day and night. It's a lot harder to judge in pCARS and just doesn't feel natural to me, especially the braking.

pCARS physics right now are often like you're drifting all over the place, from what you're feeling FFB-wise, when you're in fact planted to the tarmac.

You do realise that you run the chance of being called haters again. In fact on WMD they do refer to anyone on here that posts negative opinions as "haters". I don't agree with that policy they have and their moderators should jump on it, but they don't.

As for posting anything that might be construed as negative on the official WMD forum/work place, no chance. I wouldn't bother as it's just not worth the hassle.

Right now, after testing the latest build, I will have to wait to see if it gets substantially better.

I know this is still in alpha/beta (you can make your own minds up about what stage the development is in), but I would have thought that common sense would suggest that you get the physics correct 1st and the graphics 2nd. As this is the period in which testers really shouldn't care that much about how pretty a game looks. But how it feels to drive. Being this is meant to be about driving!
Yes, but if they can't ever get it right they had to delay content forever according to that logic! Content and graphics is the key point in generating sales, after all they will or want to be in competition with Grid 2 (which also is multiplatform) and maybe even a new Forza next year.

As for posting anything that might be construed as negative on the official WMD forum/work place, no chance. I wouldn't bother as it's just not worth the hassle.

Negative about the SMS people, never welcome.

Negative about the software (as in bugs, preferably with some documented testing results), ALWAYS welcome.

I've opened a handful of bug threads myself that have led to meaningful discussions with their developers.

Flawbesvcty or whatever your real name is, I didn't mention negative against SMS did I? But like I said, not worth the hassle saying anything unless you want the pack dogs on your back. I'll keep quiet on their thank you.

i wont say anything about how close to being realistic that pCARS is but what ill say from my experience as a "junior member" is that every time an update comes once a month for me the game feels improved noticeably and its easily gotten massively more realistic over the past 6 months.as if its a new game.

Pcars at the moment isnt a good experience in my opinion , it has made some improvements but none that make it playable at the moment. I still am very confused by the word sim ... we play simracing games(we have to take the sim bit very loosely) but they arent Sims if so racing teams wouldn't spend millions on developing there systems never seen a publicity saying Mclaren happy with there $50 new sim ... Pcars is graphically very good it is pushing the envelope there but its physics are still lacking , crashes are all over the place , AI are lemmings and the tyre model is in an early stage of redevelopment. The best thing is to wait until its finished and then sing its praises or highlight were it misses the mark

Andi

Pcars at the moment isnt a good experience in my opinion , The best thing is to wait until its finished and then sing its praises or highlight were it misses the mark
Andi

I agree with that. I do hope it gets substantially better by release though because in it's present state, no one could call it a race sim and certainly no race team would use it as one. Here's hoping that one day, one of the builds will shock me.

I just loaded up the newest build and went for this weeks test.
I was specifically looking to see if anything had changed in the chassis's reaction to barrier contact and off road excursions onto rough terrain.
Once again...I'm met with disappointment.
Look at the chassis bump and rebound frequency in the video.
Does that remotely look real to anyone who's ever driven a car off the road onto an uneven bit of pavement?
I find it most irritating...and a bit offensive at this point.
The car's basic handling is supposed to be at the 'core' of the simulation. I really had high hopes for PCARS. That hope is fading....fast.
Will these guys ever get this basic requirement sorted?
At this point I see PCARS as nothing more than an EA style "Need for speed like" game.
We are in b382. Whether people want to bury their heads in the sand and cry foul for others pointing out obvious deficiencies is up to them.
I'm not into lying to myself.

I just loaded up the newest build and went for this weeks test.
I was specifically looking to see if anything had changed in the chassis's reaction to barrier contact and off road excursions onto rough terrain.
Once again...I'm met with disappointment.
Look at the chassis bump and rebound frequency in the video.
Does that remotely look real to anyone who's ever driven a car off the road onto an uneven bit of pavement?
I find it most irritating...and a bit offensive at this point.
The car's basic handling is supposed to be at the 'core' of the simulation. I really had high hopes for PCARS. That hope is fading....fast.
Will these guys ever get this basic requirement sorted?
At this point I see PCARS as nothing more than an EA style "Need for speed like" game.
We are in b382. Whether people want to bury their heads in the sand and cry foul for others pointing out obvious deficiencies is up to them.
I'm not into lying to myself.

Thats only the cam- movment. Try to set Worldmovement to 100 and shake- effects off.

If one stands very close to the tree, they will only see the bark and believe that nothing is happening. If one stands back from the tree, admires it and then returns later, they will notice that the leaves have grown.

In other words, some of us are not qualified or designed to be micro-managers. Step back and take a break, do something else for a while and see what changes over time Grass Hopper. Watching a game develop is akin to watching tree bark grow, only slower. Just sayin'.

If one stands very close to the tree, they will only see the bark and believe that nothing is happening. If one stands back from the tree, admires it and then returns later, they will notice that the leaves have grown.

My old master once told me that if it looks like a tree, grows leaves like a tree and has bark like a tree, take no notice until it actually becomes a tree. Only then will you reap fulfillment and happiness. He also warned "beware weeds disguised as tree's".

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.