PC1 Pcars: A community divided

Continuation of Part 1: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/banned-for-no-reason.47384/

Its hard to believe a game has taken a community over like this. Now with legal proceedings, its kind of become a joke for simmers. I have been at this a while now and have never seen a game invoke so much negative and positive reaction. May the discussions continue :)

Ps. While i continue to support pcars, i respect RD for allowing the freedom of expression to all its members.

Continue to believe that if you want, but I can assure you Mark is still with us and posting merrily.

Just to support the fact that the user who liked the post was actually banned.

@RD: If I violate any rules by posting a screenshot with a user name here, please tell me and I will remove it.

post.png

status.png

Well, I'm constantly trying to reach out to them asking for moderation, just the same moderation all of the other forums get. That did happen when I came and made it clear there was enough abuse here, but the title still remains and the owners argue it's an opinion. Maybe I should have a WMD poll to ask if I should go further.
The other forums are controlled by your guys though Ian, that's the difference and that is my biggest problem. Moderators have a vested interest on the sites as they are employed by SMS. Same goes with VirtualR, we never saw the Ferrari Test drive video from ISR on there but pre-release of the game, VirtualR was swamped with stuff for the title when it was all looking rosey. Ok, you may not of told Rob not to post it, but still it wasn't posted. But had it been a glowing review, it would of been shoved down our throats

Here and the iRacing forums, AVF and Guru3d are a few i know of that are NOT controlled by SMS or it's moderators and you will find the same discussions there as you will here. So it's not just RD that this happens.

The person who liked the post wasn't banned I'm told.

I've no interest in silencing critics, I do care about false accusations though. I asked for a title amendment and the worst of the posts that violate the posting policy here to be moderated, that's all. It would have taken seconds. It's still there.

Right, so you said (on the screenshot) he's been banned but now you're saying he isn't - that doesn't better your chances to make people believe your words without providing proof and I hope that's clear to you.

Most of us on here are neither your foes nor people who want you to fail. I think you didn't realise that RD isn't the usual teenager community - most of us are mature enough to have a thoughtful discussion.

You need to realise that what you're doing here does neither better your chances to make people believe you nor does it make it look like the OP in the other thread was wrong. It's actually causing the contrary.

Mark is still with us. This is what I'm told from our moderators.

That post was after a 'bad run' of posts where some members, about 4 in total, couldn't follow the posting rules. ie, post as if your talking to colleagues in a workplace. It's fairly simple. That's what 'if this continues' refers to. Some were relogging on and posting disruptive messages.

Sorry Xose but you're not making sense now. you said this a few posts back:

'But you wanted us to remove anything you didn't like from a commercial perspective, and we can't do that, because goes against our values and the free speech, specially when the comments come from people that tried the software. I told you this many times.'

I absolutely refute that. Calling me pathetic for calling you out on a clear lie isn't on. You have since agreed yourself I didn't ask for this.

Again, I repeat I said you "wanted" us to do it, not that you "asked" us to do it. You are saying you want it removed because is defamatory, which we don't consider, so looking for the real reasons I think it's because commercial interests. Thankfully I can still have an opinion.

I never said you "asked" or "told us" to remove it because commercial interests, so you are plain lying from your side, and I want an apology.

I also never called you pathetic, I said "I find this mind games pathetic" where "mind games" is the subject on the sentence. Don't twist my words to discredit me, that is not fair.

Right, so you said (on the screenshot) he's been banned but now you're saying he isn't - that doesn't better your chances to make people believe your words without providing proof and I hope that's clear to you.

Most of us on here are neither your foes nor people who want you to fail. I think you didn't realise that RD isn't the usual teenager community - most of us are mature enough to have a thoughtful discussion.

You need to realise that what you're doing here does neither better your chances to make people believe you nor does it make it look like the OP in the other thread was wrong. It's actually causing the contrary.

Believe me, when I came on here to try to fix some of the serious abuse about us I wasn't referring to any 'mature' members of this forum.

There were plenty of thoughtful discussions that I've been responding to, and a lot of infantile abuse, which I'm also responding to.

Exactly. That's normal right? People get banned for a combination of messages everywhere. It's what's in those messages that's important.

It's normal to ban people because he points out some flaws on the game? (just his opinion). And the last post, again, doesn't necessarily mean he asks to get banned.

And even worse, by reading his messages, you allowed people to laugh at him just because he didn't like some things from the physics. You even made a joke from one of his posts.

Again, I repeat I said you "wanted" us to do it, not that you "asked" us to do it. You are saying you want it removed because is defamatory, which we don't consider, so looking for the real reasons I think it's because commercial interests. Thankfully I can still have an opinion.

I never said you "asked" or "told us" to remove it because commercial interests, so you are plain lying from your side, and I want an apology.

I also never called you pathetic, I said "I find this mind games pathetic" where "mind games" is the subject on the sentence. Don't twist my words to discredit me, that is not fair.

How on earth could you know what I want if I'm not asking for it and frankly don't want it myself?

OK, so you accuse me of playing mind games, that are pathetic. I think you refer to me there or was it someone else?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.8%