Pacific Coast

Tracks Pacific Coast 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
awesome work
Thanks mate :) When I get my head around the scatter plugin I'm using it should look something like this...
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_r_pacific_coast_v1_15-9-117-20-3-33.jpg

atm a setting somewhere is messing with the scattered objects vertex normals...
mucking up the trees shader... also there's something up with my terrain mesh... as when I use it on my terrain they start off flat to the terrain... probably a pivot or something.... Hopefully I'll find the solution quickly.
Also as you can see I've also done a pine tree billboard with 4 different pines that are native to California...
Ponderosa and Western Yellow pines.
Which will also work well with LA Canyons ;)
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_r_pacific_coast_v1_15-9-117-20-2-0.jpg

atm I'm just doing a quick test with a floating plane off the coast
when I get the hang of this... I will be able to put all the thousands of trees in extremely quickly.

Last edited:
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_r_pacific_coast_v1_15-9-117-22-18-27.jpg

Got the trees temporarily scattered onto the terrain now... If I can find out how to preserve the vertex normals from my master objects... This could be done faster than I thought... Then it's just a question of sorting out some half decent AI lines. and maybe some 3D grass ;) and some track cams!

Either way, this looks pretty sweet driving along here now...

Last edited:
It might help your tree's if you implement some top shadows

http://assettocorsamods.net/threads/top-shadows-for-trees.995/
Thanks for that mate, I'm already doing that... haven't done it for the above pine trees yet.. as they're lower res... which I'll be using about 30 - 40 metres from the road, and mainly on the sides of the mountains... where the angle isn't too steep... I'll also limit them by altitude :) making them smaller as the altitude increases... which IRL limits the size of trees by the amount of Oxygen they can make use of.

Something for after Pacific Coast - Cape San Martin / Ragged Point is 1.0 ;)
pch_section_2.jpg

This will easily fit within the 16 x 16 physics limit. It's about 12km maximum..
So a small track for me :D
Both North & South routes will have a 2km long straight section before the twisty stuff happens...
I already have a high res mesh... and an extremely high res satellite image.
I'll probably keep it exclusive to the people who have supported my track making journey so far.. as a bonus thank you :)
pch_section_2.jpg

Last edited:
Come on man, EA is going to sue you for building better NFS environment than they do. Those screens looks so nice, I can feel the need for speed already :D
Thanks mate... :D They're only the temporarily placed lower res, medium distance trees, just while I get used to my scatterer.
Also I don't have any access to any sharp, decently lit, easy to crop,
high res pine photo's to work from... Hopefully I'll find some.
So not sure if I can get any high res enough to be used at the roadside.

BTW... Anyone driving along this road in AC is doing something you can't presently do in real life...
Just noticed there was a pretty huge landslide along here on May 20th this year....
thumb_1280x720_00001_1495588755_17114.png

And no, I'm not going to remodel this section :D It's better in my "preserved" version.
Apparently Caltrans are just going to put the road on top of the landslide :confused:

Kunos should have laserscanned this road while they had the chance, as they were down the road at Laguna Seca :D

Although it looks like I've let a caterpillar loose on my terrain :D...
The removed areas are where large amounts of trees will be scattered...
The rest (visible) is pretty much smaller shrubs and bushes.
forest_areas_removed_1.jpg

I was going to place the trees accurately, but that would be insane timewise... so instead I'm going to reasonably accurately select where groups of trees are placed.

Not easy to tell at this stage, until the seas of bushes go in...seems I'll need to increase the amount of roadside trees... The ones that are there aren't looking bad after sorting the normals manually.
Screenshot_ks_audi_sport_quattro_s1_pacific_coast_v1_18-9-117-22-49-4.jpg

This is why I held back before on the bushes until the terrain was 99% sorted :D
It's going to be a lot of polys when I do all the terrain sections.
bushes_test_1.jpg

EDIT: Luckily this is only a test as I left the vertical subdivision in from the trees..
So double the amount of polys... If it handles this ok then it should be fine :)

Last edited:
Thanks Chris..
It's where the pivot needs to be raised for where the terrain drops away... as some are floating a bit above.
No big deal, I need to half the masters objects polys.. so I'll raise the pivot up slightly then :)
also they need to be moved back from the road around a metre or so.

EDIT: I'm not sure what's causing that then... as the alpha is pretty crisp..
If you can notice those black lines at 100mph+ I'll buy you a beer lol
Something to do with how the AC engine handles things at a distance... as the nearer ones don't have that... who knows.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea