old threads merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this one, all we see is the car/helmet models which you don't need rFactor (or any game really, until it comes to scaling) to do. I think most are building the mods based on rf1 and then when rf2 demo/release occurs, they can see what they need to do to get it to work in rf2. I believe ISI are also going to release documentation on how to get an rf1 mod/track into rf2.

Another update:

They have started work on another car, although they have not revealed which one it is yet. All they have said it is not really noticeable during the season:

1.jpg

Personally, I think it's the Pacific.

With this one, all we see is the car/helmet models which you don't need rFactor (or any game really, until it comes to scaling) to do. I think most are building the mods based on rf1 and then when rf2 demo/release occurs, they can see what they need to do to get it to work in rf2. I believe ISI are also going to release documentation on how to get an rf1 mod/track into rf2.

Now this intrigues me. I am condisdering creating a whole load of scratch built circuits - but am apprehensive as I am not sure if I build them for RF1 if they will work for Rf2?

These circuits are based on airfield sites (some existing, some derelict) in the UK, there are 1000s to choose from, I have only discovered a the tip of the iceberg. They probably need scaling down a bit - ie 75% of real size or they would be too long to drive. The idea is to release them in packs - Hampshire pack (containing hampshire circuits), and so on.

In summary - is it worth me starting these or should I wait for more word on rf2 compatibility?

I missed this announcement i must say. Love GP3. Very cool cars. :)
We get so much Open Wheeler choice in rFactor 2 its insane. :D

The GP3 Series was launched in 2010 and is designed as feeder series for the popular GP2 series (which of course is a feeder series for Formula One). The series uses Dallara-built and Renault-powered spec racing cars that put out 280hp. Mexican Esteban Gutierrez clinched the first GP3 Series season title in 2010, earning him a drive in the GP2 series.

FRXu8.jpg

So I thought I'd bump this thread up with a list that makes for pleasant reading. On their site, they have a list called "WSGT2 Car Park" which I'm assuming, and hoping, that these are the cars that will be present in the mod:
  • Audi R8C Le Mans Prototype
  • McLaren GTR Longtail
  • Nissan GT-R R35
  • Nissan R390 - GT1
  • Porsche 993 - GT1
  • Mercedes CLK GTR
  • Chevrolet Corvette C6R
  • Lexus SC430
  • Honda HSV - 010 GT
  • Honda NSX-R GT
  • Toyota TS020 - GT One
  • Nissan Skyline R33 LM
  • McLaren MP4-12C GT
  • Tommykaira ZZ2 AW-R
  • Audi RS5 Safety Car
I soooooo hope that list is the cars in the mod. I encourage all of you to head over to their site at this page and look at some of the screenshots. They are epic!

On some of the pictures, you can click the image itself to reveal more screenshots :)

Fantastic looking models, hopefully rFactor 2 wont be like rFactor 1 where we had sooooo many great models produced with screen shots released but time and time again teams failed to finish projects and if they did, they were rushed with poor physics.

Fingers crossed:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play