• This Saturday: The Virtual 24 Hours of Le Mans | Live
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured New Assetto Corsa Scottish Track Preview

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,038
    Looks like a good fun track and for me that's what matters. Will make a change to drive a fantasy track, if I want to drive a layout that would never get made in real life (safety, costs, etc) then this is a cool option.

I think the reason why sim companies are taking so long to create tracks is just the detail now involved. With laser scanning, thousands of reference photos, tonnes of testing and also all the legal licencing work it's almost like a small movie production now :laugh:

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. k_badam

k_badam
    Yer Nan

Ratings:
    +83
    Well, it takes longer to make a decent fantasy tracks IMO, you have to design the track rather than copy pasting a real track :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
  3. Matteo Pagin

Matteo Pagin

Ratings:
    +26
    Also, IMO, they may lack the money to license and create "real tracks" with a different rhythm, hence why the creation of fantasy tracks, to "cover the hole" and avoid spending money on licensing a real track..

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,038
    It's a kind of give and take in both cases :) In a fantasy track your imagination is the limit of what you can achieve but yes you have to work on the layout more. On the other hand when you are trying to recreate something from reality you have to get and model all the details right and that takes an awful lot of time as well. Not necessarily the track but kerb heights, rumble strips, markings, all the little details on the buildings, areas where the wall and Armco starts and stops, etc.

Because knowing what some are like on here, they will notice that a kerb is one inch higher on the sim than it is in real life! :laugh:;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. Xela1

Xela1

Ratings:
    +60
    In that case I agree with Blimey. I'm also a mere racing guy and it's called "Your racing simulator". A fantasy road track can be driven in real life it's easy to do: Open your frontdoor and enjoy life! Same with the streetcars e.g. the SUV. What the hell brings somebody to drive such (ugly) one in an racing simulator? - do it in real life please/ thx!

• Angry Angry x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Sad Sad x 1
  6. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +662
    i so utterly fail to see why one should start a fight here?! a publisher presents you with a free track which you may or may not use. Mmmmh. Other than: "I love the images" or "that corner reminds of where I live" I wouldn't know what else to say, apart from: thx publisher.
    (disclaimer: i own the game but do not have it installed atm as i do not much fancy it)

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 4
  7. k_badam

k_badam
    Yer Nan

Ratings:
    +83
    I keep saying this but people don't get it; even though they aren't designed to race, the SUV's can still race, there is nothing stopping you doing so and i am sure it could be fun!

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Xela1

Xela1

Ratings:
    +60
    Ecki, it is the old discussion. If we complain posted adds for AC, we all think "They shoudn't waste their value time and ideas for such s***. We're hungry for racing stuff. Cheers!

• Sad Sad x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
  9. Gergo Panker

Gergo Panker
    pankykapus Premium

Ratings:
    +253
    No time that was spent to create any piece of content in the game was "wasted". The time to write this post, however...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Xela1

Xela1

Ratings:
    +60
    I'm out. Old phrases both sides. Let us racing inside 962 sh

11. Blimey

Blimey
    Banned

Ratings:
    +199
    so, how many players drove the Evora GX in the last 365 days?

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  12. After_Midnight

After_Midnight

Ratings:
    +214
    Me :thumbsup: Last week at Nordschleife Track Day online :whistling:

13. Blimey

Blimey
    Banned

Ratings:
    +199
    okay, that's 1, I'm sure we'll eventually find one more.

• Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  14. Riblo

Riblo

Ratings:
    +88
    me... I like lotus cars... ;)

15. Jebus

Jebus

Ratings:
    +455
    I very much welcome this kind of tracks to AC as they are for me the only reason to ever drive street cars. Street cars on the racing track is a complete meh to me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. LilSki

LilSki
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,999
    All little something for everyone. Such a hard concept for some people to grasp...

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 4
  17. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0

Ratings:
    +12
    I totally agree with you !
    With wet condition Assetto Corsa would be "the simulation" .......................

18. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +304
  19. Grand Tourist

Grand Tourist
    Enjoying the beautiful world of GT's Premium

Ratings:
    +1,213
    Some of us still need to learn the value of gratitude. My 5 year old sun is starting to get it...
    I hope the ungrateful individuals dont mess up for the rest of us. I wonder when I design fictional liveries for real life content people go like "we want real liveries not some fictional designs"?
    It was so tiring to read until here, unbelievable how 2017 started with a desillusion for Kunos to finally have a nice clean comment thread about their new FREE content. Not completely innocent myself in the past but way past that point of "what I want or dont want".
    So to @kunos , thank you for the music

....and to all the haters / pessimists / spoilt childs....whatever

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  20. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯
    Premium

Ratings:
    +292
    Well I am not an hater, just had an old good feeling wich is different from hate, also I played PC but not so much to remember that track....:D