New Assetto Corsa Scottish Track Preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Scotland 3.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni promised a mystery Scottish based fantasy track as a free gift for their Assetto Corsa simulation, and true to that promise Licencing Manager Marco Massarutto has sneaked out some interesting looking preview images of the new work in progress location.

The three preview screens shared by Massarutto show a typical looking Scottish scene wrapped around what looks to be a mixed bag of open road and tight country lanes road course. According to the end of year blog by Kunos, the new Scottish circuit will come in four different configurations, able to easily host a wide variety of classes from low powered tin tops to high downforce endurance vehicles.

It hasn't been revealed when exactly this track will be released, however the screens produced by Massarutto do show the track looking pretty much complete. It wouldn't be a big stretch of the imagination to expect this little Scottish gem to be included in the next core game update due probably sometime in Q1 2017.

AC Scotland 2.jpg
AC Scotland 1.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released Assetto Corsa for Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The game features a number of road and race vehicles with many laserscanned circuits. Additional track and car content can be purchased by way of downloadable content.

One of the best ways to experience Assetto Corsa is to race against your fellow players online. You can do that here at RaceDepartment in our League and Club Racing section of the Assetto Corsa sub forum. We hold professionally run club events that cater for all different skills and experiences, as well as host regular high quality league racing events. Alongside our commitment to bring you quality racing we also host a large number of mods for the game. Jump over to our modding archive to have a browse at what is on offer, or even share details of your WIP project in our Modding Discussion forum.

Last edited:
most of those tracks are in Project Cars, what are the odds!
AC is popular, but pCars still more (753k vs 472k "owners" on Steam) and VIR is in Forza 6. Building some fantasy-tracks isn't covering the fact, that to much is missing in AC. And the AI seems horrible at the moment. Was much better some months ago. I switched to AMS for AI-races. Not many cars, but with the evenly good Giranthon-Tracks (try out Le Mas du Clos:thumbsup:), the much better AI, the better FFB/grip/fun-feeling in many cars it hooked on me a lot. Having a lot of cars to choose, even most are great and accurately done, don't cover the downsides of this title for me.

• Deleted member 241736

AC is popular, but pCars still more (753k vs 472k "owners" on Steam) and VIR is in Forza 6. Building some fantasy-tracks isn't covering the fact, that to much is missing in AC. And the AI seems horrible at the moment. Was much better some months ago. I switched to AMS for AI-races. Not many cars, but with the evenly good Giranthon-Tracks (try out Le Mas du Clos:thumbsup:), the much better AI, the better FFB/grip/fun-feeling in many cars it hooked on me a lot. Having a lot of cars to choose, even most are great and accurately done, don't cover the downsides of this title for me.
Leynad777, your switch to AMS sounds interesting and we notice you're not "infected" with that incredible and loveley AC-Virus the most commentators in that thread are - you're a lucky simmer.:cool:

Well it seems that at the moment with more PCars owners, AC still has more active players than PCars: http://steamcharts.com/cmp/244210,234630#1y
But that's not a fair comparison because PCars is pretty much "that" and they move on to the sequel while AC is still in active development.

Building some fantasy-tracks isn't covering the fact, that to much is missing in AC.
So the reason why Kunos makes fantasy tracks is to hide the flaws in AC? Wow.

Does Reiza make a semi-ficitional AMS airfield track because they want to divert people's attention so nobody notices they don't have wet weather to go with the British tracks?
Does Studio397 release the old-spec Nissan GT500 and make a not-so-popular NOLA track because they try to populate the content list so that people will forget they still have inconsistent contents?
Does Kunos choose Laguna Seca as their first US track because they are so ignorant that they aren't aware there are also other popular tracks like VIR, Watkins Glen, etc in North America?

You know what, I think all of them do all these maybe for a slightly different reason. I think probably they might have a little passion for what they are doing, so they want to give their customers as many new and diverse contents as possible, as fast as they could.

Last edited:
And i don't say to aboard laserscanning, iconic tracks like Sebring, Bathurst & co. should be laserscanned, but who cares if some less known tracks are not laserscanned, but accurate enough?

That's some dangerous territory right there. First of all, I can show you a truckload of European racing enthusiasts who have no clue what Sebring or Bathurst are (or don't care), secondly how do you decide which track has "earned" to be laserscanned and which ones could be added just for the heck of it. I remember that the official standpoint on Zandvoort was not far from what you have been describing but then it met a lot of criticism from people who would have rather waited and paid for a laser-scanned version. Just imagine the ****storm over "my track is more iconic than your track" from people who will consider their favourite track dead just because it fell into the non-LS bucket.

Also I'd like to remind you that Black Cat Country was a track made for a third-party (i.e. generating revenues elsewhere) that was then put in the game for free because it was deemed fun enough to be considered as a worthy addition. (Even though I know it's not a safe term to use in sim racing).

Not sure if it's possible or not to laserscan iconic tracks that were demolished decades ago, but it's important to keep with the method as much as possible, as AC tracks are some of the best available.
Something about the zandvoort doesn't seem to be quite as immersive as the others.

Just did a Super V8 race in AMS on modern Imola and don't care about laserscanning. This track is so much more close to modern reality than the AC-version with the same in layout and elevations (can't feel or see a difference, but three more other great layouts to drive), the Super V8 so much more scary and real to handle than all the ABS/TC-cars in AC, the AI really some sort of intelligent, always around you and quite as good as decent online-competition. Still love AC, but just for the cars, nothing much else.

Tracks should be accurate. I don't know how AMS is doing it, but they are doing them accurate and released more tracks last year than AC since release and the mod-side of tracks is a bit sloppy in the moment. I've more best-mod-options in AMS. Try Bathurst, Road America, Road Atlanta, Monza, Vanport or even Nürburgring. It's like game-content in quality. Now i try Eastern Creek and that's a really good Mod in AC as well, but just one of few.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's possible or not to laserscan iconic tracks that were demolished decades ago, but it's important to keep with the method as much as possible, as AC tracks are some of the best available.
Something about the zandvoort doesn't seem to be quite as immersive as the others.
Because Zandvoort doesn't have anything behind those hills they've made, just empty land, in real life there's a whole world around the track

That's because of the small anti-grav section in the esses the drivers were not warned about :p
10625094_10152610038132488_449857227142070927_n-300x197.jpg
I think AC was the reason why the Nissan GT-R GT3 got up in the air at the VLN-race in March 2015 and the speed-limit was invented after that. But this Nissan-driver and Nordschleife-rookie probably was practicing on the new laserscanned Nordschleife in AC ("GT Academy-driver") with the same car and the GT-R GT3 wasn't lifting like this in AC. Kunos fixed this physics-issue after and be aware with the Nissan and some other cars before entering Flugplatz, but AC is not meant to train professional drivers and bumps like this can be added afterwards. Raceroom did the bumps with the suspension-telemetry of KW automotive, the real owner of Raceroom. There are shortcuts for building accurate tracks without laserscanning.
A spectator died, so nothing to joke about...

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 241736

I think AC was the reason why the Nissan GT-R GT3 got up in the air at the VLN-race in March 2015 and the speed-limit was invented after that. But this Nissan-driver and Nordschleife-rookie probably was practicing on the new laserscanned Nordschleife in AC with the same car and the GT-R GT3 wasn't lifting like this in AC. Kunos fixed this physics-issue after and be aware with the Nissan and some other cars before entering Flugplatz, but AC is not meant to train professional drivers and bumps like this can be added afterwards. Raceroom did the bumps with the suspension-telemetry of KW automotive, the real owner of Raceroom. There are shortcuts for building accurate tracks without laserscanning.
A spectator died, so nothing to joke about...
please no "hahaha" one spectator dies

And by the way: don't think you get really proper physics from the car and the track in AC. To remind you: they have to work on this powerless XBox One and the guy who ripped Nordschleife for the rF2-version said, he added like 4 times more physics points (or whatever they are called) on the track to meet rF2-standards. And this was long before console-AC. This lousy AI today is probably the same sort of reducing CPU-calculations. Everything in AC is a bit simplified to run on this powerless systems and to cry for track-accuracy in small detail IMO not realistic even with laser-scanner.

And by the way: don't think you get really proper physics from the car and the track in AC. To remind you: they have to work on this powerless XBox One and the guy who ripped Nordschleife for the rF2-version said, he added like 4 times more physics points (or whatever they are called) on the track to meet rF2-standards. And this was long before console-AC. This lousy AI today is probably the same sort of reducing CPU-calculations. Everything in AC is a bit simplified to run on this powerless systems and to cry for track-accuracy in small detail IMO not realistic even with laser-scanner.
The idiot who illegally converted the Nordschleife from AC to rF2 didn't know what he was doing and yet again spread bad information as fact. The FACTS are that the AC nords physical mesh is more than high enough resolution and the idiot converter did not look in the correct file to get that mesh.

I just.... i don't even.... dude....
7e064c144738bdbcf203f0e009b81b97.jpg

The idiot who illegally converted the Nordschleife from AC to rF2 didn't know what he was doing and yet again spread bad information as fact. The FACTS are that the AC nords physical mesh is more than high enough resolution and the idiot converter did not look in the correct file to get that mesh.
He isn't an idiot and modding is always stealing a bit (without many legal consequences, Mr. Hornbuckle). Kunos isn't converting the PC-game to consoles and i heard it's another experience on this XBox. Listen to all Stefano-streams and he's admitting the same like me: There's no reality in AC and physics is all simplified. If Kunos is able to produce five tracks a year at least, go on and do it, but if it's just one and a half like last year: take a shortcut. Only adding cars don't do it for me anymore, but i played AC (or just opend it) over 1400 hours.

DLCs are not for free, so what's the problem with licensing? I don't think they have to beg for licensing and could get enough licences for free.

So, when are you going to hand in your CV to Kunos to become head licensing guru? Since you apparently can get a whole variety of track owners to give you their license for free. And you would clearly do a far better job than Marco... :rolleyes::poop:

I think AC was the reason why the Nissan GT-R GT3 got up in the air at the VLN-race in March 2015 and the speed-limit was invented after that. But this Nissan-driver and Nordschleife-rookie probably was practicing on the new laserscanned Nordschleife in AC ("GT Academy-driver") with the same car and the GT-R GT3 wasn't lifting like this in AC. Kunos fixed this physics-issue after and be aware with the Nissan and some other cars before entering Flugplatz, but AC is not meant to train professional drivers and bumps like this can be added afterwards. Raceroom did the bumps with the suspension-telemetry of KW automotive, the real owner of Raceroom. There are shortcuts for building accurate tracks without laserscanning.

This is a new one that I dont think anyone has heard before. AC is apparently the reason for a crash at the VLN race. Ouch.

Nevermind, cant fix stupid i guess. :rolleyes:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back