• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Featured New Assetto Corsa Scottish Track Preview

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Leynad777

Leynad777
    Premium

Ratings:
    +78
    This discussion reminds me of the AC-thread were i got so much fanboy-hits by saying: the Porsche 962 is ridiculous slow. Miraculously i improved my Spa-lap-time within three laps by 6 seconds since the last update and really trying hard before. And the GT1 is so much better now as well, even the fanboys throwing **** on me with their narrow minds. But just drive them once more: they are so much faster and do the corners like they should :thumbsup:

And innovation don't come out of people who thinks everything is all right:p

2. Gui Cramer

Gui Cramer

Ratings:
    +761
    The area is mostly sand-based, and recreating that environment is a challenge. There shouldn't be anything from layout to impact immersion but instead from the artwork.

Sector3 has the best track environments and as far as I know, only 1 track was made with provided laser-scan data. I don't even know if they've had other tracks made with provided surveys, which is just as accurate for the resolution our computers can handle.

ps: I think GP4 was the first one with proper GPS-coordinates usage for building tracks. Using GPS with LiDAR or piles of good reference photos can bring outstanding results.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  3. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek

Ratings:
    +1,105
    can't disagree more, I prefer Zaandovort to something like Magione/Vallelunga any time of day, and can't really say that not laser scanning hurt it
    for me it's more about the actual track and how well done it is, rather then if it's 100% accurate or not

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Glaurung

Glaurung
    Premium

Ratings:
    +774
    Sorry, but this is just ridiculous.
    The only joke here is what you wrote above.
    Please next time take your time and ponder extensively before posting.

• Agree Agree x 9
  5. Grand Tourist

Grand Tourist
    Enjoying the beautiful world of GT's Premium

Ratings:
    +1,219
    Edit : @LilSki
    Just so utterly disappointed....unbelievable I defended them against bullying and now it seems the biggest bully is....

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2017
    • Haha Haha x 1
  6. LilSki

LilSki
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,461
    There have been two locked threads about that already. I guess this will now be the third.

• Love Love x 1
  7. paracletus

paracletus

Ratings:
    +133
    No reasoning with a stroppy dev with a chip on their shoulder :D
    Odd way to respond to customers, that.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  8. solyomtibor

solyomtibor

Ratings:
    +6
    Nice thread. Blimey's got some company on my ignore list.

9. Blimey

Blimey
    Banned

Ratings:
    +199
    and the reason being? Or you just don't have a reason and came here to annoy me because one of your friends asked you to.

10. Andrew

Andrew
    I'm not lazy, I'm just very relaxed. Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,740
    :devilish::devilish: keep-calm-and-stay-on-topic-2.png :devilish::devilish:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  11. Terry Rock

Terry Rock

Ratings:
    +344
    I'll take this track and any others released...fantasy or not...as long as they're good.
    Accurate road feel does... and still applies to fantasy tracks once properly implemented.

• Agree Agree x 3